Terror Tram: Enter the Blumhouse | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Terror Tram: Enter the Blumhouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For me, it just comes down to staffing. Honestly, I loved 07-10, the Walking Dead trams, The Purge tram, and the first two Hollywood Harry trams, because they were super full with scareactors.

For me, it just comes down to staffing. Honestly, I loved 07-10, the Walking Dead trams, The Purge tram, and the first two Hollywood Harry trams, because they were super full with scareactors.
Yea that was my main issue with Exterminatorz, like 5 scareactors everytime I walked it but something like Ultimate Purge had pletera of Purgers making it better imo

I always feel like the most jaded and bitter Hollywood fan because I just think Terror Tram is a massive waste of time and resources. It's the same thing every year just with different characters. It's also so truncated compared to the earlier iterations that would take you on the trail along the hill, now it's just a pretty direct path from Bates Motel to War of the Worlds. Plus, without access to the Nope sets, it's going to be even shorter than ever.
I think it's still popular and will probably be kept around for a while. However, it's interesting to see what the no-access to the NOPE sets would look like. If it didn't generate enough positivity, then the Terror Tram might be closed again like in the pre-COVID days.

That said, I'm with you that the current Terror Tram trend is too old and tired, since it's just a big scare zone that acts like a walkthrough, and all it does is increase the foot pain you already have to deal with walking around the park. Had it not for the 1986 fatal accident, we'd probably stay on the tram for 30-40 minutes instead of getting out and walking for miles, which would have lived up to its name. I much rather prefer it for those who want a footrest.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I think it's still popular and will probably be kept around for a while. However, it's interesting to see what the no-access to the NOPE sets would look like. If it didn't generate enough positivity, then the Terror Tram might be closed again like in the pre-COVID days.

That said, I'm with you that the current Terror Tram trend is too old and tired, since it's just a big scare zone that acts like a walkthrough, and all it does is increase the foot pain you already have to deal with walking around the park. Had it not for the 1986 fatal accident, we'd probably stay on the tram for 30-40 minutes instead of getting out and walking for miles, which would have lived up to its name. I much rather prefer it for those who want a footrest.
I don’t know if anyone here tried the stranger things drive thru experience during covid, but I always thought that could’ve been a cool pivot for the Terror Tram to try something like that. Pull up and stop for some show scenes that play out for a minute or so before moving on to the next one.

I’m very interested to see if this iteration is still the same attraction with a new skin or if they might try one or two things new. I’d bet on the former, tho.

I personally would love if we give the “stay in the tram” format another try. The very name Terror Tram makes me think I will be on the tram, not dropped off. Terror Tram is the least scary attraction so it couldn’t hurt to try something new with it. The last time there was a “scene” on the tram that I could think of was in ‘09 at the end when the Saw pig chainsaws the girl who was in the intro video.

There is also precedent for the tram being scary enough even with lo-fi scares with the daily tram and something like Norman Bates simply just staring at people.

I mean...how could it even be scary if your in the middle of the Tram

I'm not against a new section where you ride though an area where they try to scare you but a Tram ride would be much...much less scary then what we have now

Trying to scare people while the tram is in motion is how we got the tragic scenario that temporarily ended Horror Nights in Hollywood. They won't try it again.

Reactions: Jake S