Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (IOA) vs. Revenge of the Mummy (USF)

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (IOA) or Revenge of the Mummy (USF)?

• Total voters
Jun 23, 2018
I made this poll on the CoasterForce forums and thought I might as well put it on here as well! This is the start of multiple ride polls I will make for choosing which is the overall better attraction! Besides Forbidden Journey, Hulk, MIB and Escape From Gringotts, these two rides are probably the best at Universal Orlando. These won't be completely random as I will do coaster verses like the Mummy vs Gringotts.

So which of these two amazing rides is better in terms of quality? Escaping from Imhotep on a runaway mine cart or trying to save the city with Spidey? Based on queue, effects, story, ride experience, (thrill!) and overall better ride! It should NOT be based off personal bias/special connection with the ride. Personally they are close for me, I can't truly decide!

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
46875873061_627148cd87_b.jpg
AR-303089888.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66

Revenge of the Mummy

Revenge-of-the-Mummys-new-facade-at-Universal-Studios-Florida-1024x714.jpg
Revenge-of-the-Mummy-Treasure-Room-56a952dc5f9b58b7d0fa4fa9.jpg

Last edited:
I made this poll on the CoasterForce forums and thought I might as well put it on here as well! This is the start of multiple ride polls I will make for choosing which is the overall better attraction! Since the Hulk and the Mummy have been compared on this website on which is the better overall ride, I decided to do another fun poll on a which ride is better series. Besides Forbidden Journey, Hulk, and Escape From Gringotts, these two rides are probably the best at Universal Orlando. These won't be completely random as I will do coaster verses like the Mummy vs Gringotts.

So which of these two amazing rides is better in terms of quality? Escaping from Imhotep on a runaway mine cart or trying to save the the city with Spidey? Based on queue, effects, story, ride experience, (thrill!) and overall better ride! It should NOT be based off personal bias/special connection with the ride. Personally they are close for me, I can't truly decide!

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
46875873061_627148cd87_b.jpg
AR-303089888.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66

Revenge of the Mummy

Revenge-of-the-Mummys-new-facade-at-Universal-Studios-Florida-1024x714.jpg
Revenge-of-the-Mummy-Treasure-Room-56a952dc5f9b58b7d0fa4fa9.jpg

I prefer FJ, Spidey, Mummy and MIB to Hulk (just much too rough for me) and Gringotts.

Last edited:
Have to go with Spider-Man, though Revenge of the Mummy is right up there near it (it's still the best ride in Universal Studios Florida, in my opinion). I think Spidey has been shown to be a groundbreaking, game-changing ride, and it's still better than all its imitators and offspring, primarily because it is beautifully-paced as an experience and because its integration of screens and sets/physical elements has yet to be topped.

I think they are too different to compare, however, Spiderman is an example of UC's potential

I do give Mummy credit for the track switching though, which really was quite novel in its time

I think they are too different to compare, however, Spiderman is an example of UC's potential

I do give Mummy credit for the track switching though, which really was quite novel in its time

Agreed. I don't wanna sound rude - but it doesn't make sense since there is no comparison. Spidey vs TF, or Mummy vs Gringotts seems like an apt Versus.

Agreed. I don't wanna sound rude - but it doesn't make sense since there is no comparison. Spidey vs TF, or Mummy vs Gringotts seems like an apt Versus.
what is tf? you mean the forbidden journey? also I know they are random but I said that’s why i’m doing these, I’m interested to see what people think since these are all top rides. I know your trying not to be rude, but it’s fun to compare rides, you don’t have to vote now. ‍♂️♂️

what is tf? you mean the forbidden journey? also I know they are random but I said that’s why i’m doing these, I’m interested to see what people think since these are all top rides. I know your trying not to be rude, but it’s fun to compare rides, you don’t have to vote now. ‍♂️♂️

TF is Transformers.

TF is Transformers.
ooh, that makes more sense, I see what you mean compare rides with the same ride system/idea. But honestly there is no comparison even with those two, as we already know who would win lol. I’m just doing different rides because it gets more interesting when you compare two fantastic rides.

The fact that this is even a question is puzzling. Can’t believe mummy got 1 vote , let alone 6..as of today.

Spider-Man is in a league of its own, really - I can't fault one thing about it. As for Mummy, it's probably the best direct replacement of an existing attraction that Universal have ever done.

Mummy, it’s PERFECT, just perfect. It does everything right. Spider-man is absolutely incredible too and does everything right too, but Mummy is just but above it. Like everyone has said, it comparison is right, they very two different rides. Transformers and Spider-Man would be much better one.