The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
These elite athletes are certainly not at severe risk in any sense of the word.

They might just assume the risk and go with it and trust that their other actors aren’t being buffoons when they get home.

I’m almost positive if they give these athlete/actors the option of performing or not, they’d choose performing. Why not leave it up to their discretion? Allow them to decide unanimously and anonymously.
Because there's a middle man that contracts these "elite athletes" as you call them (they are performers for mediocre wages). Action Horizons subcontracts these guys to work for them at Universal. I'm sure they don't want to take on any lawsuits.

This show is not something that is essential to having the park open. It can open on it's own time if it has to.

Because there's a middle man that contracts these "elite athletes" as you call them (they are performers for mediocre wages). Action Horizons subcontracts these guys to work for them at Universal. I'm sure they don't want to take on any lawsuits.

This show is not something that is essential to having the park open. It can open on it's own time if it has to.
I’m sorry- do elite athletes need to make huge wages and that’s what makes them elite athletes? These performers are top 0.1% for athleticism in our entire country. Are you really trying to argue that these guys and girls aren’t elite athletes? Why does that description offend you enough to put it in quotations? It certainly wouldn’t offend them.

NOTHING is essential in the park. Let’s be real. Does anyone really need another churro? Does anyone need to ride Gringotts?
They’re all choices. And why not put the choice into the hands of the performers instead of you or someone else deciding what they willingly choose to expose themselves to? Like I said- they should be able to vote anonymously and if it’s unanimous, give me one reason why they shouldn’t be allowed.

If that’s the case, and everyone voted on it, and action horizons gives them a waiver, where’s the lawsuit?

Last edited:
Reactions: lowbudget
I’m sorry- do elite athletes need to make huge wages and that’s what makes them elite athletes? These performers are top 1% for athleticism in our entire country. Are you really trying to argue that?

NOTHING is essential in the park. Let’s be real. Does anyone really need another churro? Does anyone need to ride Gringotts?
They’re all choices. And why not put the choice into the hands of the performers instead of you or someone else deciding what they willingly choose to expose themselves to? Like I said- they should be able to vote anonymously and if it’s unanimous, give me one reason why they shouldn’t be allowed.
Because you or someone else think they know what’s better for them then they do? Please.

If that’s the case, and everyone voted on it, and action horizons gives them a waiver, where’s the lawsuit?
No, but money does come into it when you're risking your lives. And yeah, they'd be making more money depending on skill level elsewhere.

Also, why are you talking about these people like they are an Olympic caliber athlete? They aren't or else they wouldn't be working at a theme park. That's meaning no disrespect to the cast, but I just don't get why you are willing to risk their lives. Simply for your entertainment on your trip next month?

The fact of it is they have to rehearse again no matter what. They just have to. They also will likely have to do TM previews again, this time with social distancing. It will take a little time.

No, but money does come into it when you're risking your lives.

Also, why are you talking about these people like they are an Olympic caliber athlete? They aren't or else they wouldn't be working at a theme park. That's meaning no disrespect to the cast, but I just don't get why you are willing to risk their lives. Simply for your entertainment on your trip next month?
Elite athlete = Olympic caliber only now? Lol. Ok.

First- I’m not “willing to risk their lives”. I said they should be able to decide for themselves. I’m wanting the decision in their hands. Certainly not mine. Certainly not yours.
Second- the stunts they willingly do put them in significantly more harm than the coronavirus. These athletes have zero reason to be afraid of a virus that will likely do nothing to them and at worst, will have them sick in bed for a few days.

Elite athlete = Olympic caliber only now? Lol. Ok.

First- I’m not “willing to risk their lives”. I said they should be able to decide for themselves. I’m wanting the decision in their hands. Certainly not mine. Certainly not yours.
Second- the stunts they willingly do put them in significantly more harm than the coronavirus. These athletes have zero reason to be afraid of a virus that will likely do nothing to them and at worst, will have them sick in bed for a few days.
I just don't know who was saying that anyone should say that they shouldn't perform. Or even what led to your first post on this topic.

I'm saying, and have always said, that they will need to rehearse again and not to expect this show at reopening of the park due to that. I think they'll be back soon and it won't be up to the performers, which is fine! But I'm not gonna play your game of twisting words though.

This conversation is done.

Just my opinion of course....but if I was Universal I'd wait until the park was fully opened before restarting the clock on Bourne. Why waste marketing positives of a new attraction for a half or three quarters empty park. I'd save it for either the end of 2020, or 2021, depending on the status of CV effects on park operations and tourism. I'd be in no hurry. It's sat empty for nearly two years, another 6-12 months, no big deal. .

Those people who got to see an AP/TM preview though were soooooo lucky lol. They may have gotten to see a show that doesn't open until 2021 haha kinda special in hindsight it seems

• Haha
Reactions: Andysol
If there's a long delay until opening, I wonder if they will tweak the show. If I remember correctly, it seems that those that saw it liked it, but thought there were a few weak segments.

Reactions: Andysol
Thats incredible hahahaha most of us won't even see it until a year after you saw it likely lol, what a small niche group who shared a kinda unique experience together!
I posted a lot about it back when previews were going on if you wanted to go back through that. And idk, it's possible USF opens Bourne this summer, but if not this Summer then it likely won't be until next year because of HHN and Holiday.

I posted a lot about it back when previews were going on if you wanted to go back through that. And idk, it's possible USF opens Bourne this summer, but if not this Summer then it likely won't be until next year because of HHN and Holiday.
With this being a third party performance team, I imagine they're probably under an operational contract that would require Universal to pay the production company. If that's the case it wouldn't be economical to keep the attraction closed this year. They know they have a big ride for 2021 and this attraction is of the appropriate scale to open in a year like this.

With this being a third party performance team, I imagine they're probably under an operational contract that would require Universal to pay the production company. If that's the case it wouldn't be economical to keep the attraction closed this year. They know they have a big ride for 2021 and this attraction is of the appropriate scale to open in a year like this.
There’s also the chance the cast just gets let go of their contracts and then they audition again later this year for an early 2021 open.

...So, I am going to say something..I think Universal may try to have the show running, if they can handle it the way Shanghai Disneyland has seemingly been able to be operating the shows.

It will definitely not be at launch..but I am half-tempted to wonder if they may try to go for it.

...So, I am going to say something..I think Universal may try to have the show running, if they can handle it the way Shanghai Disneyland has seemingly been able to be operating the shows.

It will definitely not be at launch..but I am half-tempted to wonder if they may try to go for it.
I was gonna say that i dont recall ever seeing those banners ever in the last few Bio updates. They must have put them up recently. I doubt they put these giant attention getting banners up without attempting to open it soon

The banners are an interesting choice, think I may need to warm up to them a bit. Kind of liked the slick look of the building with just the sign above the entrance. Banners kind of scream Transfomers Hollywood...

I kinda get the posters. I like the building itself as is, but this would create a more appealing visual and a draw for people to know theres something in there. Obviously "Stuntacular" should give it away but, trust me, y'all would be shocked at how dumb people can be. Need to see it in person first.