The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just saw that on Bio’s update.

And (though it’s blurry)- I don’t see an “opening xyz” or “coming soon”.

Why go through the trouble of putting up banners for a show they’re waiting to open until 2021?

@Brian G. - anymore info as to why you think 2021? Has your opinion changed with the addition of these banners?

The intel I got was before the reopening announcement. There was some hesitation because the theater was all inside and that is seemingly the highest risk of COVID-spread. With fiscal 2020 pretty much trashed, there was thought to move it to 2021 with the JP Coaster and go crazy with marketing as COVID, hopefully and expectedly, is less of an issue.

The banners now make me go Hmmm.

The intel I got was before the reopening announcement. There was some hesitation because the theater was all inside and that is seemingly the highest risk of COVID-spread. With fiscal 2020 pretty much trashed, there was thought to move it to 2021 with the JP Coaster and go crazy with marketing as COVID, hopefully and expectedly, is less of an issue.

We'll know on Monday once TM's are in the park for soft opening if it's going to open with the park or not.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I was also in the same camp as @Brian G. since I'd also been told that not even Shrek was opening initially due to theater limits with COVID, but that changed this morning apparently, so who knows. I don't even think Universal knows which route they're going to go with Bourne yet :lol:

I suppose they could have the banners up and just not open it yet.

Reactions: Alicia
They've had the attraction signage up since the end of October so who knows.
I picture all the actors having to wear masks and the audio being really muffled when they have speaking parts.

It's probably all pre-recorded and lip synced...But it's still a funny scenario in my mind.

I don't expect it to open anytime soon.

I picture all the actors having to wear masks and the audio being really muffled when they have speaking parts.

It's probably all pre-recorded and lip synced...But it's still a funny scenario in my mind.

I don't expect it to open anytime soon.
There actually is two live mic'd performers. They do short "story" segments that really is only there to allow the stunt actors a break.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I suppose they could have the banners up and just not open it yet.
I don’t see that happening. Posters like that are much more prone to fading and aging than a lot up sign in front of it. @Scott W. might be able to speak on that more.

I don’t see why they would put up posters without a date if it wasn’t for the opening.
I don’t really care too much about this show; but if it’s opening, I’m more just happy for the actors. As stir crazy as all of us are; athletes like those actors are probably climbing up walls (literally).

I don’t see that happening. Posters like that are much more prone to fading and aging than a lot up sign in front of it. @Scott W. might be able to speak on that more.

I don’t see why they would put up posters without a date if it wasn’t for the opening.
I don’t really care too much about this show; but if it’s opening, I’m more just happy for the actors. As stir crazy as all of us are; athletes like those actors are probably climbing up walls (literally).

Banners like this aren't really that expensive to make and I'm 99'% sure that Universal are doing all their printing like this in house. Without a close up look, they're probably using bungee cords to keep it taught but it also allows for easy and quick put up and take down which is handy for replacement due to fading or updating and for hurricane removal.

They're 3 types of printers for something like this, solvent, latex and UV. UV will last the longest outdoors plus it also allows for printing directly onto many surfaces if you have a hybrid machine. Looking at some of the older signs for sale in the shop in USF (I forget the name of it), they're all UV and CNC cut.

Solvent prints on banner can last 5 years outdoors, I recently removed some banners I did that were 5 years old and the print still looked good and that was in direct sunlight. UV should last longer but there's a huge difference in UV in Scotland and Orlando. Driving about in Orlando, UV damaged signs are every where and even some of the movie posters in Disney Springs that were still up after 3 months of the parks being closed were quite damaged by the sun.

Pricing wise, you're talking about £1 a square metre, scale it up to this Bourne banner and the cost is minimal. Labour will probably cost more, so UV fading isn't an issue and they can replace it often.

I feel like Universal has at least one major print shop in house

But I could be wrong

In other words, I think they are able to quickly replace signs like that