Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

What does “preshow for the taping” even mean? For commercials and promotion?

I think it could relate towards the potential use of material for commercials/promotional material art, or perhaps incorporating something like that for the queue footage. Just a guess, but I could see it being either option, depending on how the queue's organized this time.

I thought it meant they were taping the preshow segment.
This. The description has you standing around, being filmed walking through the queue, and walking through scanners. Sounds like the old T2:3D queue video where it mixed live surveillance footage with a security breach to me lol.

But the description specifically says you will not be shown anything, you’re being filmed to be used in the preshow.

This. The description has you standing around, being filmed walking through the queue, and walking through scanners. Sounds like the old T2:3D queue video where it mixed live surveillance footage with a security breach to me lol.

But the description specifically says you will not be shown anything, you’re being filmed to be used in the preshow.
Hoping I get to yell out, Jesus Christ it’s Jason Bourne.

So maybe like the Gringotts safety video with the people riding and spinning on the vehicle that's obviously CGI

Maybe in the preview video we see how the "visitors" before us got "awoken" and than where terminated by Treadstone. Now we walk trough the bloody remains, body parts everywhere and blood stained walls and floor. Are we sleepers, will this be our destiny? No we are there to get informed by the new Treadstone, now less violence, peace loving...sure.
Geez this post got dark...anyway, great family show, take the kids.

I’m thinking part of the logic behind why we’re there in the first place may be a demonstration of a new type of security scanner system. Footage needed of guests going through the scanner makes sense then. Part of the queue will likely have something like those X-ray body scanners at airports we need to walk through.

How we go from security scanner to Jason Bourne I don’t know, but I do know one thing... turn off your cell phone, we don’t want Shaw tracking our location.

Maybe in the preview video we see how the "visitors" before us got "awoken" and than where terminated by Treadstone. Now we walk trough the bloody remains, body parts everywhere and blood stained walls and floor. Are we sleepers, will this be our destiny? No we are there to get informed by the new Treadstone, now less violence, peace loving...sure.
Geez this post got dark...anyway, great family show, take the kids.
Gotta store the HHN props somewhere right?

I’m thinking part of the logic behind why we’re there in the first place may be a demonstration of a new type of security scanner system. Footage needed of guests going through the scanner makes sense then. Part of the queue will likely have something like those X-ray body scanners at airports we need to walk through.

How we go from security scanner to Jason Bourne I don’t know, but I do know one thing... turn off your cell phone, we don’t want Shaw tracking our location.
Literally why?

Didn't the initial transformation into the Horror Shop kind of happen overnight? This seems far more extensive, but given the extremely limited merchandise appeal of Bourne, I wonder why Universal feels heavier changes are necessary.

Didn't the initial transformation into the Horror Shop kind of happen overnight? This seems far more extensive, but given the extremely limited merchandise appeal of Bourne, I wonder why Universal feels heavier changes are necessary.
All will be revealed in time but I guess this show is bloody expensive to run. I think they hope they have a winner on their hand and are going to sell a lot of merch to offset the costs and make a profit. It helps when the shop looks the part.

Could be like Today Cafe and they’re taking the budget/opportunity to clean out the walls and upgrade the HVAC after 20+ years.

Or other things like add divider walls for multiple store sections. Change the facade. Etc.

- BatB singalong, new Canada movie and Awesome Planet film at Epcot on January 17th
- Space 220 Restaurant at Epcot in February
- Runaway Railway at DHS on March 4th
- Mickey Shorts Theater at DHS in March 2020
- Ratatouille ride at Epcot in Summer 2020
- Toy Story Land's Roundup Rodeo at DHS in 2020

All poppycock compared to The Bourne Stuntacular!

- BatB singalong, new Canada movie and Awesome Planet film at Epcot on January 17th
- Space 220 Restaurant at Epcot in February
- Runaway Railway at DHS on March 4th
- Mickey Shorts Theater at DHS in March 2020
- Ratatouille ride at Epcot in Summer 2020
- Toy Story Land's Roundup Rodeo at DHS in 2020

All poppycock compared to The Bourne Stuntacular!
All jokes aside, this may be one of the best, and most balanced lineups that WDW has put out in a while.