Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

Once things get back to normal, that should liven up that Hollywood section of the park that's had little foot traffic the past few years. That's good since that area is much much better looking than the Production Central entrance of USF.
Totally agree, hopefully are able to have lots of Hollywood characters out and about too.

Totally agree, hopefully are able to have lots of Hollywood characters out and about too.
They've been pretty good about having lots of characters out there on the street nearly all day long . That was just about the only way they could get people over there. As you said, I hope it continues .

Last edited:

And of course, our review from a couple weeks ago: REVIEW: The Bourne Stuntacular at Universal Studios Florida

Once things get back to normal, that should liven up that Hollywood section of the park that's had little foot traffic the past few years. That's good since that area is much much better looking than the Production Central entrance of USF.
That's my hope. The Hollywood area of USF always seemed to seriously underutilized, likely due to its lack of a major draw. Unfortunately, I don't see Bourne fixing that long term. Personally, I've always wanted to see the current Shrek extended queue get used as the station for what would replace Rockit as the park's big coaster (which would be best accessed through Hollywood), but alas I doubt that would ever happen.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 5.03.36 PM.png

That's my hope. The Hollywood area of USF always seemed to seriously underutilized, likely due to its lack of a major draw. Unfortunately, I don't see Bourne fixing that long term. Personally, I've always wanted to see the current Shrek extended queue get used as the station for what would replace Rockit as the park's big coaster (which would be best accessed through Hollywood), but alas I doubt that would ever happen.

Yes, that entire side of the park, until you get to Springfield, doesn't have much foot traffic. Nintendo would have solved it, but alas, it fell victim to the 'Kidzone Kurse'.

Interesting production note:

They film the on-screen stuff with the live actor for that show in a custom set, not pre-recorded. See 4:05 in the video.[/spoiler[
Noticed today that the B-Mode for this is a pre-recorded video from the same sets as today’s 1st show had a different secretary on screen and off

Sorry if it has been posted already, but are they making use of the large ln2 tanks in this production for a massive “smoke” effect?
There’s a small smoke effect or two to hide transitions between physical elements and screens, but not a big effect like terminator’s ending.

Noticed something new today
The show can run without the motorcycle or lamp post. They just have Bourne go off screen until the cop car crashes then he comes back
Glad to see someone else post about this! I saw the 12:45 show yesterday and watched this happen (after hyping the scene up to the people I was with who’d never seen it!!).

I was actually talking to a team member before the show, and it turns out that the motorcycle gives them a ton of problems. It’s really easy for the motorcycle to get misaligned, and any trackless set piece that gets misaligned causes the whole scene to pause for safety. The lamppost is also easy to knock off track when Bourne jumps onto it. I’m so surprised that they’ll still run the show without them!

I mean, do you think they’d cut the scene altogether?
They’ve already come up with a “solution” for when the motorcycle or lamp post malfunctions (by leaving them out of the scene), but what else could they do?
Oh, they wouldn’t cut the scene! I’m saying they’re running the scene with the ATV and lamppost until it becomes too much of a hassle - remember the times when T2:3D didn’t have the bike and the actors would just run offscreen?

Oh, they wouldn’t cut the scene! I’m saying they’re running the scene with the ATV and lamppost until it becomes too much of a hassle - remember the times when T2:3D didn’t have the bike and the actors would just run offscreen?
Oof, I wish I remember the times !! I never did go see Terminator while it was open. I certainly hope they keep the set pieces around; that’s my favorite effect in the whole show.