The Condition of the Yeti AA | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of the Yeti AA

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The ricketty bridge has it's days. :lol: Or the poachers in the Jeeps.

And sometimes the animatronics screw up their GPS coords and wander in front of of the ride path shutting down the entire attraction. Even worse, when the animatronics encounter problems and shut down, they cannot be repaired. Whole new ones must be built from scratch. This is a real fail on Disneys part.

And yet people still got off those attractions satisfied...

:doh:

Again, this point of view is completely missing the point.

A malfunction of a day or two is acceptable. But after years of the same effects being broken, this view point allows for then to just disappear because management goes, "Well, people still ride the rides and like it."

:doh:

Again, this point of view is completely missing the point.

A malfunction of a day or two is acceptable. But after years of the same effects being broken, this view point allows for then to just disappear because management goes, "Well, people still ride the rides and like it."

To us it makes a difference, but to them what they don't know doesn't hurt them.

Closing Everest for a long period of time would bother more guests right now then fixing an effect 75% of people don't know they're missing.

And as I said before, it doesn't matter.

You're never going to be able to please everyone all the time. And if people are delusional enough to be that upset about one ride out of 4 freaking parks being closed, then you're never going to be able to close any rides for refurbs.

At some point, doesn't providing a quality experience for your guests override any "standards" you set?

That's exactly the point. A ride with the most important scene missing isn't a quality experience by Disney standards. You can't tout yourself as being the best at putting on a show when you knowingly and happily put on a broken one.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
That's exactly the point. A ride with the most important scene missing isn't a quality experience by Disney standards. You can't tout yourself as being the best at putting on a show when you knowingly and happily put on a broken one.

But the scene isn't missing. You aren't flying through an empty cavern. Closing the ride without another E-Ticket draw would be a huge blow to AK. The millions of upset guests could care less about the Disney standard when they're on vacation and their favorite ride is down for something they didn't even know was wrong.

But the scene isn't missing. You aren't flying through an empty cavern.

This statement is so ludicrous I'm not even going to touch it.

Closing the ride without another E-Ticket draw would be a huge blow to AK. The millions of upset guests could care less about the Disney standard when they're on vacation and their favorite ride is down for something they didn't even know was wrong.

And guess what? When effects like this continuously go missing because of Disney's fear of this, something much worse than a few upset guests will happen: The Disney standard (or the reputation of it, since that's all that's left at WDW) will go away. That's a lot worse. Sometimes you have to bite the damn bullet and do what you're supposed to. Half a decade of disrepair is unacceptable. Going at least 4-5 more years is unfathomable. And the fact that "fans" stick up for it and make excuses for it is even worse.

6 months of upset guests at DAK isn't going to kill WDW or the park. But the continuous apathy towards maintaining their attractions very well could.

This statement is so ludicrous I'm not even going to touch it.

And guess what? When effects like this continuously go missing because of Disney's fear of this, something much worse than a few upset guests will happen: The Disney standard (or the reputation of it, since that's all that's left at WDW) will go away. That's a lot worse. Sometimes you have to bite the damn bullet and do what you're supposed to. Half a decade of disrepair is unacceptable. Going at least 4-5 more years is unfathomable. And the fact that "fans" stick up for it and make excuses for it is even worse.

6 months of upset guests at DAK isn't going to kill WDW or the park. But the continuous apathy towards maintaining their attractions very well could.

It's not missing. It was never even the most thrilling part of the ride. It lasted less than 5 seconds, and people still missed it in A-mode.

We're not talking about a broken animatronic on PoTC. This is the most expensive and compelx AA Disney ever attempted. It's built in a way that makes it extremely difficult to access, let alone remove. It's not like it needs a coat of paint and that's what we've been waiting so long for.

Half a year, or most likely more, will absolutely kill the bottom line for AK in that particular year. At the very least they'd have to wait to the FLE to open so they have other things for guests to want to experience.

It's built in a way that makes it extremely difficult to access, let alone remove.

Everything I've been told about the Yeti completely contradicts this. They can take it out in pieces.

Half a year, or most likely more, will absolutely kill the bottom line for AK in that particular year. At the very least they'd have to wait to the FLE to open so they have other things for guests to want to experience.

First of all, as I already said before, the ride wouldn't need to close to fix the yeti. There were plans in place that didn't necessitate closure. But even then 6 months would probably be the most that would be needed. As for the rest of this:

:bang:

You'd be a wonderful fit for TDO. Seriously, this is their exact line of thinking. Kill the bottom line for DAK? Who gives a flying frak!? DAK IS PART OF A WHOLE DAMN RESORT! Weighing each part of WDW as a seperate business is what's gotten us into this mess. WDW will be profitable, even if DAK's attendance dips a bit. And guess what? once you fix the yeti you can market the hell out of it again, and everything will be back to normal.

As for waiting for FLE to give people "more things to do"...You're kidding right? There's already 3 (5 counting water parks) other parks, a shopping district, mini-golf, golf, water sports, resorts to explore, the Boardwalk, and umpteen other things to do on the resort. WDW is a RESORT. And management not realizing that is a huge roadblock to improvement.

I'm done with this arguement. You obviosuly know way more about this situation then everyone else. I'll go sumbit my TDO application.

Is the scene missing? No. But you have no pay-off anymore as the whole marketing and build up for the ride is "COME FACE TO FACE WITH THE YETI!!!"

I mean, imagine all the Dementors in Potter not working for 6 months. Would you consider that an issue?

Reactions: Cwoolboy