The Condition of the Yeti AA | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of the Yeti AA

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Umm...yeeeeea....no projection please. WDW needs to get the butts in gear, take down the attraction for a month during slow season, and just fix the darn thing.

If I remember correctly, the Yeti is kinda sorta a part of the mountain structure itself. Because the animatronic is obviously very heavy, they had to incorporate it with the steel of the mountain to give it the proper support needed for it's everyday usage. Even getting rid of the Yeti and replacing with a projection would probably still cause the attraction to have a decent amount of downtime.

If I remember correctly, the Yeti is kinda sorta a part of the mountain structure itself. Because the animatronic is obviously very heavy, they had to incorporate it with the steel of the mountain to give it the proper support needed for it's everyday usage. Even getting rid of the Yeti and replacing with a projection would probably still cause the attraction to have a decent amount of downtime.

I'm pretty sure those Everest specials on the Discovery and Travel channels said that the Yet & its base, the mountain itself, and the coaster and supports are all seperate and can't touch each other. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure those Everest specials on the Discovery and Travel channels said that the Yet & its base, the mountain itself, and the coaster and supports are all seperate and can't touch each other. :shrug:

You sir, are correct :thumbs:

Skip to about 1:40 to see all the structural information
[video=youtube;ZLgm2ATLHRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgm2ATLHRQ&feature=related[/video]

"Can't" is such a strong word. DAK survived for 6 years without EE. It could survive a few months.

I know that, and you know that. But does Disney know that? They may think that DAK can't survive a few months without Everest now that it's open, and that people won't bother to go to AK, and rather wait 'til Everest is back open.

The yeti is off due to a lubrication design flaw.
This is only one of two issues correct?

"Can't" is such a strong word. DAK survived for 6 years without EE. It could survive a few months.

Now while I would agree with closing EE for a few months to repair it completely, the other several million tourists that would miss out on it would not. It would be a huge blow to AK both in attendance and in customer satisfaction. Could you imagine the turnover in guest relations? :lol:

Now while I would agree with closing EE for a few months to repair it completely, the other several million tourists that would miss out on it would not. It would be a huge blow to AK both in attendance and in customer satisfaction. Could you imagine the turnover in guest relations? :lol:

They would need a disco yeti in front of guest relations to scare the complainers away :lol:

True, but they need to bite the bullet and get it done. They must have a lot of confidence in the AA to make it so hard to access...

Aren't you allowed to go in costume to the Disney parks?!

How awesome if someone got a yeti costume, dressed up in a polyester suit, and then starting doing the Saturday Night Fever in front of EE :pound:

He could have a sign taped to his back saying "FIX ME" :lol:

From what I understand it's the only reason.

I seriously doubt the blow to attendance would be very big at all. The vast majority of WDW have no idea what's going on at the resort, they'd still go to DAK.

As for customer satisfaction, whatever. Disney is too obsessed with their damn surveys. They need to realize that sometimes closing a ride to fix it is the best thing for the park in the long run.

Aren't you allowed to go in costume to the Disney parks?!

How awesome if someone got a yeti costume, dressed up in a polyester suit, and then starting doing the Saturday Night Fever in front of EE :pound:

He could have a sign taped to his back saying "FIX ME" :lol:
:lol: That would be awesome! And we'd have someone next to him with a disco ball, right?

:lol: That would be awesome! And we'd have someone next to him with a disco ball, right?

Definitely!

How appropriate wouLd the song "Stayin Alive" be in this case :lol: as well as playing the Disco Yeti "Telephone Remix" :lol:

I would crap my pants laughing...who wants to volunteer?