Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Edison Opening Night Review

Hey, if The Edison denies you at the door, there's plenty of places at DS to go buy dress shorts! ;)

This is giving me memories of a nightclub near me. Back when they were busy, they had a massively strict black shoes only policy. Luckily there was an Asda (Walmart basically) next door that sold black shoes for £7 or if you were bold enough, you could put black socks over your shoes which also worked.

I don't know about that part. I seem to remember some very large PI bar bills from my CP days.;)
The thing about the College Program kids is that many come just wanting to party and just about none come expecting to actually make money. So any extra money they do have almost immediately gets spent from my CP experience.

I don't know about that part. I seem to remember some very large PI bar bills from my CP days.;)
Yeah Mannequins didn't seem to lack people buying drinks on Thursday (CP, CM & Gay night). It was always packed and took forever to get to the bar. Of course the drinks weren't priced to require s second mortgage either :D

The thing about the College Program kids is that many come just wanting to party and just about none come expecting to actually make money. So any extra money they do have almost immediately gets spent from my CP experience.
Yeah, it helps that all the primary living expenses are deducted from the paychecks so you can blow an entire paycheck without having to really worry too much. Of course this is the reason CP's got into PI free on Thursday (payday).

I don’t understand that dress code at all. Jackets are optional, yet I can wear jeans? That’s a very large spectrum. It sounds like they just want you to look half way decent.

I think the dress code will stick around, but the jackets line will be dropped. People will have to look good (smart casual? Dressy casual?) but nobody is going full formal to eat here.

Shouldn’t a place like this attract a younger / college crowd? I mean, I figured that’s the whole point? Folks that are at the parks all day with their kids would rather just go to bed. Of course those convention folks tend to party like they are in their 20s , so I can see that crowd as well.

Shouldn’t a place like this attract a younger / college crowd? I mean, I figured that’s the whole point? Folks that are at the parks all day with their kids would rather just go to bed. Of course those convention folks tend to party like they are in their 20s , so I can see that crowd as well.
Then there's the over 50 crowd. We have lot's of disposable income, no kids around, and a history of heavy partying. :):cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I agree. I was just joking.....Seriously, I mostly agree with the Convention goers being the target audience. Corporate credit cards won't care what the prices are.

yeah, conference folks act like animals when they are away from their spouse and kids. Especially those marketing firms....it's a total meat market.

I don’t understand that dress code at all. Jackets are optional, yet I can wear jeans? That’s a very large spectrum. It sounds like they just want you to look half way decent.

The shorts with a jacket look never caught on outside Bermuda.

The policy reeks of the original LA dress code being dissected and reconstructed by committee. In any case, they couldn't get over half the crowd to dress up for a NYE gala--how do you think a Thursday in July will be?

Yeah Mannequins didn't seem to lack people buying drinks on Thursday (CP, CM & Gay night). It was always packed and took forever to get to the bar. Of course the drinks weren't priced to require s second mortgage either :D

If you get enough CP girls or gay young men in a meet market situation like Mannequins, you can guarantee older men looking to buy drinks will follow quickly. I was thinking more of the Adventurers Club, which became a CP "hang-out." A table of four CPs during a show all ordering water. In other words, CPs don't spend money, guys looking to get with CPs spend money.

If you get enough CP girls or gay young men in a meet market situation like Mannequins, you can guarantee older men looking to buy drinks will follow quickly. I was thinking more of the Adventurers Club, which became a CP "hang-out." A table of four CPs during a show all ordering water. In other words, CPs don't spend money, guys looking to get with CPs spend money.
Right on many counts. In my younger days I had a trendy bar/restaurant. I was always easy on carding of the young pretty girls. And I always hired great looking barmaids (Every customer thinks they can make the bar maid, and they'll spend appropriately). Droves of guys spending big time followed all those girls in....But I still think it will be the Convention crowd that makes or breaks this place. They like younger good looking girls/guys too.

Despite that quaint notion, there weren't a lot of older people in Mannequins on Thursday. Mostly 21-25 and definitely buying drinks.