The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On part of the Sinbad theater is themed as an extension to the train station. It's only there to block the view of the theater and is not critical for the theme but I wanted to show my knowledge of the area.

I know Americans love their comics, super hero's in silly costumes use excessive violence to keep the peace, resulting in more violence. But how about Tintin, it's from books, it's fun, it's a Spielberg/Peter Jackson movie and it's an adventure. It's got a dog, a drunk sidekick, silly agents and an opera singer with big boobs. I'd go for this sequence because in the end we all want a motor/sidecar coaster/darkride hybrid:

On part of the Sinbad theater is themed as an extension to the train station. It's only there to block the view of the theater and is not critical for the theme but I wanted to show my knowledge of the area.

I know Americans love their comics, super hero's in silly costumes use excessive violence to keep the peace, resulting in more violence. But how about Tintin, it's from books, it's fun, it's a Spielberg/Peter Jackson movie and it's an adventure. It's got a dog, a drunk sidekick, silly agents and an opera singer with big boobs. I'd go for this sequence because in the end we all want a motor/sidecar coaster/darkride hybrid:
I wish they would have made sequels so it could have been a ride

To note, @Alicia and @Joe actually talked quite a little bit about this on the new Parkscope Podcast, and the way they talk about the whole ordeal with the show closing might want to be heard..

Parkscope: Parkscope Unprofessional Podcast Hour #153 - Kebab Puns

What a baffling article. Mentions things like T2 and DC closing yet not mentioning they’ve already been announced as being replaced for next year.

Also, calling Sindbad a “signature show”? Lol. Okay

I noticed that too, and I am laughing my hind off because of that specific comment.

Reactions: Alicia
Hmm, no mention the replacement show opens next year, or that there's a whole new expansion area coming. The article seems focused on 2018 and not the future. (Most people I know think MF is aptly named...)

Disney World Rival Is Shrinking at the Worst Time -- The Motley Fool

The sky may not be falling but it's worth noting that rumor, hearsay, and presumed momentum play an important role in overall judgement of a major conglomerate division like Universal Parks and Resorts. Steve Burke really really hates bad press. It might be time to for an executive shake-up.

Signature show. Lol.

However, the article does show how Universal/Disney's difference in announcements changes people's perspective. Look at Disney, everyone is excited about GotG, SWL, etc. Yes Universal has a new park coming and Potter is truly the only thing people are excited for (that's been officially announced).

When Universal cuts costs it's the apocalypse....When Disney cuts costs....Ok, people were hard on Disney for it....Still though, I'm on Universal's team in terms of how they approach announcements...I get it

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Just fair to bring up from the Parkscope episode, @Alicia went on in mentioning of Sinbad, that they were cracking about 1500 people per day, with the shows apparently reaching about a bit over 500 for each showing.

Reactions: Alicia
I will say this up front. Shows, are important; and that they should not be keeping that venue (and TLT) vacant. But think about this:

Universal Orlando is currently beginning work on a multi-billion dollar expansion project, and that things can and would need to happen to lower costs around resort.

Cutting an attraction that had virtually no love like Sindbad, will not make a huge dent to the park. And considering the odds, it should've been sooner than later, when you consider the operational costs alongside the GSAT's for Sindbad.

which now becomes zero for the unforeseeable future.

Would you rather want a horrible show with low viewership, or a horrible show with high viewership to stay at the parks? While we rag on Fear Factor all we want, it benefits the USF park; and has a huge venue nestled in-between Potter, Men in Black, and Simpsons.

It absorbs people a lot better than Sindbad ever did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victoria
What a baffling article. Mentions things like T2 and DC closing yet not mentioning they’ve already been announced as being replaced for next year.

Also, calling Sindbad a “signature show”? Lol. Okay.

Article seems pretty fair to me. Especially considering Montley Fool has written several positive Universal articles in the past discussing how Universal was gaining ground on Disney. That was before Fast & Furious opened to embarrassing reviews and before the great announcement blackout of 2018 began. Websites like this can only report on information they're given and right now, Universal is choosing to withhold all information on future attractions and plans aside from Endless Summer. If you want to combat negative press, you have to give them something else to write about! Maybe it's time to release concept art on Potter along with an attraction name for the T2 replacement?

I will say this up front. Shows, are important; and that they should not be keeping that venue (and TLT) vacant. But think about this:

Universal Orlando is currently beginning work on a multi-billion dollar expansion project, and that things can and would need to happen to lower costs around resort.

Cutting an attraction that had virtually no love like Sinbad, will not make a huge dent to the park. And considering the odds, it should've been sooner than later, when you consider the operational costs alongside the GSAT's for Sindbad.

Would you rather want a horrible show with low viewership, or a horrible show with high viewership to stay at the parks? While we rag on Fear Factor all we want, it benefits the USF park; and has a huge venue nestled in-between Potter, Men in Black, and Simpsons.

It absorbs people a lot better than Sindbad ever did.
the first paragraph makes sense. The rest is drivel