Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing

So. I've been thinking--the Middle Eastern area borders VERY close to Hogsmeade. Shop of Wonders is RIGHT ON the tree shrubs and lamp post. The Sinbad theatre is RIGHT ON the Hogwarts Express area. Could they wall off that area for construction without angering Rowling?

IDK how much Zelda would accommodate keeping the current area, since I'm not into Nintendo.

Agreed but they may not even be able to replace the area in full because of JK.
JK's influence doesn't go beyond the borders of Hogsmead. She also is aware it's a theme park with other area's. Don't expect a problem there. I think Universal is already going really broad with their Nintendo World at EU. If it's a hit with the general public it could grow or expand to other park, if not we still will have a wonderful area.

I disagree, I think that it is the only way now to get a top-quality product (even though it shouldn't be) Universal needs someone over there backs insisting on certain things for them to invest the money into it. Nintendo is a big draw also and I see them wanting to get rid of the last non-IP sections as quickly as possible. There is high demand out there for a Zelda land and there is a lot of potential for what they can do.

Wait what?

I disagree, I think that it is the only way now to get a top-quality product (even though it shouldn't be) Universal needs someone over there backs insisting on certain things for them to invest the money into it. Nintendo is a big draw also and I see them wanting to get rid of the last non-IP sections as quickly as possible. There is high demand out there for a Zelda land and there is a lot of potential for what they can do.

I think you misread my post. I didn't argue that it shouldn't be done, I argued that it shouldn't be done cheaply as a coat-of-paint retheme.

Ultimately, id be shocked if this isn't Zelda by 2030. Just my own thoughts/speculation, but I'm betting Nintendo is a major success along the lines of the Wizarding World for Universal, and as others have mentioned, they'd want to double/triple down on the IP. Im so excited for the future at this resort its ridiculous haha. It'd be great to get even a small show or presentation take this one but ah well. I doubt anything goes here until Lost Continent goes.