The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing

shiekra38

Veteran Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Honestly, the theater is so far back behind everything I almost forgot it was there...I doubt they'll move forward with anything for a while

Reactions: truejonas

Andysol

Veteran Member
Jun 21, 2016
How about a Never Ending Story land? I know it’s not really popular anymore, but it’d still work in the area. Mystic fountain could become The Mystic Pyornkrachzark. And a Falkor spinner. Does anyone think they could do that?

Gillman

Rookie
Feb 13, 2013
Wait, I've got it. "Legend"
I know your joking but I would love that. Ridley Scott has been revisiting his earlier works I have hoped that he would do something with Legend. Whether it be a remake, remake, or sequel I have long yearned to revisit Ridely Scott's fairytale world.

truejonas

V.I.P.
Mar 22, 2018
Nashville
I'd love to see UO just go crazy and come up with something entirely unique, and ditch an IP altogether in that area (like it is now). I'm happy to have generic rollercoasters in India if it's a good time.

That's probably a blue sky wish though.

tielo

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2013
The Netherlands
I'd love to see UO just go crazy and come up with something entirely unique, and ditch an IP altogether in that area (like it is now). I'm happy to have generic rollercoasters in India if it's a good time.

That's probably a blue sky wish though.
It's not a generic rollercoasters in India but themed around a mythical animal that is frozen and loves disco. It's we'll know unlike Figment for instance.
And yeh, it will never happen. Disney, Universal are all ip driven.

SkiBum

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Labyrinth- a tribute to Henson and Bowie - the EPIC theme park experience.
Dang it, that was the other movie I was thinking of besides Legend. Maybe they could go with both. Plus, as you said, who wouldn't like a little, "Dance Magic Dance" as a soundtrack for a trackless vehicle and wrapping up with "As The World Falls Down".

Reactions: Frank Drackman

Alicia

Premium Member
Jul 17, 2014
Orlando
As I was in line for Hogwarts Express yesterday there was a lot of movement behind Sindbad’s. Could see some small equipment moving things around. Apparently they were removing tanks used for the show. Maybe compressed air for fog effects or gas for fire, or both.

Probably just a safety thing, since they know it’s not going to go to use just sitting there, but it’s nice to see at least something happening at the site.

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
As I was in line for Hogwarts Express yesterday there was a lot of movement behind Sindbad’s. Could see some small equipment moving things around. Apparently they were removing tanks used for the show. Maybe compressed air for fog effects or gas for fire, or both.

Probably just a safety thing, since they know it’s not going to go to use just sitting there, but it’s nice to see at least something happening at the site.
Perhaps what they're doing, is striking the set and removing any of the equipment used for effects, to effectively use it as a multi-space venue for the time being?

I wouldn't think it'd require a permit, and it could make some sense for the sake of letting events team have another venue for affairs such as close-outs.

RevFreako

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Perhaps what they're doing, is striking the set and removing any of the equipment used for effects, to effectively use it as a multi-space venue for the time being?
I think it's more to do with the fact that propane tanks and the like gave to be inspected on the regular, and if you kill the tanks, you don't ha either to inspect them anymore. Labor saver.

truejonas

V.I.P.
Mar 22, 2018
Nashville
It's not a generic rollercoasters in India but themed around a mythical animal that is frozen and loves disco. It's we'll know unlike Figment for instance.
And yeh, it will never happen. Disney, Universal are all ip driven.
Just confirming that my use of sarcasm was received. I can't quite tell. :thumbsup:

If they were pulling out some smaller effects parts, I wonder if they'd reuse some of it in the T2 replacement.

Reactions: Mad Dog