Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Exorcist

Softs. They won't delay opening unless the ride is gonna kill someone, IMO. They need capacity pronto.

You guys... I had NIGHTMARES about this house. It's April.... FFS.

I. Don't. Get. Scared. By. Mazes.

I work at a damn scare attraction....

I'm gonna be a mess in this house. MY fiancee wants to either film me and put it on youtube or wants a vlogger to film me and put me on youtube...... help.

Here is your help - NO recording in the house sayth the people that can eject you. You should be safe so feel free to melt into a wimpering pile.

Here is your help - NO recording in the house sayth the people that can eject you. You should be safe so feel free to melt into a wimpering pile.

I think he'd be happy with filming the UO team members scraping my pathetic wimpering body up off the floor at the exit of the house....

What I don't understand is, I'm so scared of The Exorcist, yet LOVE LOVE LOVE Scary Movie 2...

Difference between a master making a movie for the first time in a genre and a parody of the same situation. You are in the scene in the original and you are an observer in the parody.

I would like to see have the house as the fascade and the first room you hear the rumblings upstairs. Then you go into the room and keep repeating at different parts. In between each room could be more abstract scenes like the bed sheets and possibly having a room giving us the feeling of being trapped inside a possessed body.

my bold prediction for this house is that it'll be heavy on puppets and peppers ghost effects. Hollywood said there are a ton of backstage scare actors like the werewolf puppeteers in their version of the house. Could definitely imagine a spider walk Regan puppet along with a floating one

So Hollywood said in their Q&A that they took inspiration from the banned trailer, so I imagine we'll be getting a decent amount of strobe if the two houses are similar, or maybe like in Legendary Truth they'll utilize that flash bulb negative image to burn the image in your brain (although i didn't experience it so I'm not sure how effective it was)

Also, I forgot how scary some of the imagery in this movie was. When Pazuzu shows up at the end with the giant wings... well let's just say I think this house has a lot of potential.

You guys... I had NIGHTMARES about this house. It's April.... FFS.

I. Don't. Get. Scared. By. Mazes.

I work at a damn scare attraction....

I'm gonna be a mess in this house. MY fiancee wants to either film me and put it on youtube or wants a vlogger to film me and put me on youtube...... help.

Please do this at the end of September. I wanna see it firsthand.

I'm not 100% what extent Universal utilizes animatronic (I suppose that's what they'd be) props for HHN like a regional haunt would. I wonder how some of the effects can be pulled off? Will the bed be able to rise up and shake? Furniture moving by itself in general Is this something that can be performed by backstage people?

I can't think of any robotic or animated props besides I think the guy in FvJ who was being puppeteered by Freddy and the floating book effects in dead end/monsters and mayhem.

Final note. Can't wait to see the head spin in person, hopefully a well done Regan puppet. If she's as good as gnarly as the wolves were in AWiL last year then this should be nightmare fuel

I'm not 100% what extent Universal utilizes animatronic (I suppose that's what they'd be) props for HHN like a regional haunt would. I wonder how some of the effects can be pulled off? Will the bed be able to rise up and shake? Furniture moving by itself in general Is this something that can be performed by backstage people?

I can't think of any robotic or animated props besides I think the guy in FvJ who was being puppeteered by Freddy and the floating book effects in dead end/monsters and mayhem.

Final note. Can't wait to see the head spin in person, hopefully a well done Regan puppet. If she's as good as gnarly as the wolves were in AWiL last year then this should be nightmare fuel

It's tricky to do stuff like that because people can get their feet under things and have it come down on them. People also love to grab things and try to break them. I'm interested to see what's possible, but with as popular as HHN is and as rowdy as some attendees get, they have some limitations.