The Forbidden Forest? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Forbidden Forest?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Every time I go to USH it makes me want to go to USF, it's depressing lol.

I doubt you'll see another park in Hollywood though. The studio would complain about noise control. I wish they'd leave the studio and move the park elsewhere, preferably on flat land. Those escalators are a real pain in the a** lol.

If the ONLY reason you go to USH is for the studio tour that's pretty sad on USH's part lol

I've never been, But it's the only thing differing from Orlando in a positive way. Besides Transformers, But that's on It's way. It has Revenge of the mummy, Jurassic Park, The Simpsons Ride , Shrek 4-D, T2, and yeah, THAT"S IT. The park is in desperate need of a rehab, Potter will be a good start. But it seems like it has no organization. Jurassic Park is nexs to Revenge of the mummy? The park needs lands, not individual attractions

A rumor circulating around Potter heading to Hollywood is that Uni may create some sort of on-site, Potter themed hotel.

Indeed? Where did you hear of this? I know that themed hotels are now part of the expectation to some extent (like the Jurassic Park and Suess rooms), but would they be more likely to add this in Hollywood before their TWO existing Harry Potter attractions in Orlando?

I've never been, But it's the only thing differing from Orlando in a positive way. Besides Transformers, But that's on It's way. It has Revenge of the mummy, Jurassic Park, The Simpsons Ride , Shrek 4-D, T2, and yeah, THAT"S IT. The park is in desperate need of a rehab, Potter will be a good start. But it seems like it has no organization. Jurassic Park is nexs to Revenge of the mummy? The park needs lands, not individual attractions

I agree, plus the whole thing is built on a rock. Oh and JP looks ridiculous next to Mummy but the JPRA in Orlando was supposed to go where MIB is now I believe...it would've looked worse there IMO lol

Indeed? Where did you hear of this?

Behind the Thrills: http://behindthethrills.com/2012/10/hotel-harry-potte-coming-to-hollywood/

I know that themed hotels are now part of the expectation to some extent (like the Jurassic Park and Suess rooms), but would they be more likely to add this in Hollywood before their TWO existing Harry Potter attractions in Orlando?

Universal Orlando is already in the midst of building a new hotel, Cabana Bay Beach Resort. This hotel is being built to appeal to people who usually stay offsite due to how expensive the three other onsite hotels are, not to mention that 900 of the total 1800 rooms will be family suites that can sleep six.

I had been aware for some time about the Cabana Bay resort, since Universal couldn't hide all the heavy machinery and empty plots of dirt that lay to the sides of their I4 off-ramp. I didn't realize just how many family suites they were intending on. Would you consider it likely that they may include some themed rooms, or that they will be similar to the rest of the hotel theme? Personally I doubt that they're going to add any themed rooms to the hotels besides those they already have. Simply curious as to what we may see when this new resort opens.

I feel like Forbidden Forest could actually work in place of The Lost Continent. I don't know exact geography, but I'd imagine Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade aren't too far apart. And in terms of attractions, I think simple animal encounters would be a thrill in itself - imagine encountering centaurs, unicorns, thestrals, etc. (accompished via animatronics, actors, and mixture of the two, ala baby dinos in Jurassic Park). These creatures could also be used for ride themes, like an acromantula-themed flat ride (tea cups perhaps, in a giant web?). Or a Whomping Willow swings ride, perhaps? The Ford Anglia could also be used, either as a coaster or a simulator.

I'd imagine a themed gift shop / food stand may be a bit more difficult, but definitely not impossible. But I personally find the Forbidden Forest a realistic and exciting addition.

I love Harry Potter and new attractions as much as the next guy, and I hate to sound like "that guy" but I think one full fledged Harry Potter zone in each park will be enough.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I love Harry Potter and new attractions as much as the next guy, and I hate to sound like "that guy" but I think one full fledged Harry Potter zone in each park will be enough.

Agreed.

Honestly I adore Poseidon's fury after having just done it for the first time this past month. And it could turn into a major ride if this area is renovated. No more Harry Potter.

Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge
Flight of the Hippogriff
Frog Choir (if thats an attraction?)
Soon to be HE express
Soon to be Gringott's
Ollivanders

He means rides that have come out of a property right. More lands for HP would be MASSIVE overkill

Thanks for getting to that before I could. Yeah. You can only put so many eggs in one basket, and its an awesome basket but after this they are done physically with the land, we will have more upgrades to look to in future years though no doubt. Two theme park lands in one resort is enough.

That being said if they ever really wanted to add some more of Forbidden Forest so we physically have something to look at they could alter and expand the area near Dragon's Challenge since that is basically what that area is supposed to represent. So between Forbidden Journey and that the Forbidden Forest is quite represented.

I don't really think it'd be much of a second Harry Potter land as it'd be an expansion of the pre-existing one. Besides, you may think it'd be too much Potter, but would a standard visitor? If anything, it'd just boost merchandise / food sales even farther.

As its been said, the Forbidden Forest won't happen because of how the Forbidden Journey queue already has a section dedicated to it as well as how it appears in the ride itself.

Lost Continent is going to see its changes pretty soon, I'm sure.

Reactions: MartyMcFly
Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge
Flight of the Hippogriff
Frog Choir (if thats an attraction?)
Soon to be HE express
Soon to be Gringott's
Ollivanders

He means rides that have come out of a property right. More lands for HP would be MASSIVE overkill

Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn rightfully were there already. I'd assume a NEW attraction built from scratch wouldn't do too much harm.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really think it'd be much of a second Harry Potter land as it'd be an expansion of the pre-existing one. Besides, you may think it'd be too much Potter, but would a standard visitor? If anything, it'd just boost merchandise / food sales even farther.

Agreed.

Yes, it would actually be the average visitor who would think it is too much Potter at that point. You can call it whatever you want but each park will have an entire land devoted to Harry Potter with an E ticket even connecting the other E-tickets.

5 E Tickets is enough for one property. Diversifying comes into play eventually(and this is coming from someone who enjoys the Potter attractions very much)
These will be the last eggs of that size for this basket. The next big thing they will focus on will be next. Small enhancements that draw people back after that.

Yes, it would actually be the average visitor who would think it is too much Potter at that point. You can call it whatever you want but each park will have an entire land devoted to Harry Potter with an E ticket even connecting the other E-tickets.

5 E Tickets is enough for one property. Diversifying comes into play eventually(and this is coming from someone who enjoys the Potter attractions very much)
These will be the last eggs of that size for this basket. The next big thing they will focus on will be next. Small enhancements that draw people back after that.

Gotta agree here.

Reactions: MartyMcFly
It would be a big cluster of confusion theme-wise if they were to build a Forbidden Forest area. The big problem with the Forbidden Forest is that they don't really have a whole lot to build off of. There's no shops or foods that are represented in the books and Warner Bros. is REALLY big on staying true to the stories. Realistically, you can only base an attraction off it and that would just be confusing as it is already represented in HPFJ and a small section between Hippogriff and DC.

Reactions: Smitty
:iagree: You could have a ride where you encounter aragog(the big spider) and maybe Voldemort. BUT THAT'S IT. nothing else, It would just be overkill