The Future of E.T. Adventure | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of fog machines, why does universal use water vapor or pressurized air that you constantly have to leave on, rather than fog that doesn't disappear after 2 seconds.

Yeah I could get doing what's necessary to keep it in good working order for the time being, but painting the building definitely points to it remaining in place for at least several years.

That points to the building not going anywhere. The contents may be a different story. Just like Kong/Mummy, Twister/Fallon. They are just big boxes you can put anything inside.

That points to the building not going anywhere. The contents may be a different story. Just like Kong/Mummy, Twister/Fallon. They are just big boxes you can put anything inside.

Exactly. Maybe an extension, but there is more than enough you can do with ET's current building, that can help benefit Super Nintendo World's success. It could allow them to either space out the subsections to make them feel more alive, or hell; even using it as a way to add another attraction to the three rides that we seem to know that SNW will have, MK, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi's Island.

ET in Osaka for instance, kept it's showbuilding with some changes, as they made it mostly fully intact with their attraction of Space Fantasy. And the same can be said for Hollywood and Mummy in that regard.

There is a lot you can do, and that you don't have to remove the building. Especially if Yoshi's Island comes in there, or another version of Space Fantasy but rethemed and retuned to match Nintendo's Mario Galaxy series. There is more that they can do, and that if the Parade Building (as I would assume), stays; it could be a great move for Universal's end.

The Mummy was at a very different point in time for Universal. Twister/Fallon is a great example, they let the paint work on that building get embarrassingly bad before they began working on Fallon. That also was really the only recent attraction to make use of a pre-existing building and even then they significantly modified it. So if they were planing to take out E.T. and put something else in the space it would likely be a more budget project.

Seriously we've been listening to this E.T. is closing rumor forever. It's only because it's the oldest remaining attraction in the park and so it makes sense that it would be the most likely to go not that there's any real information pointing to that. One day it may happen, but it's safe for at least a few more years.

It could be that they have a couple of years to do this so they reroute the queue so ET can stay running while they close KZ and start building with doing the ET building or just the ride later on in the project.

Don't they usually doll you up for an open casket funeral?

2ujntpg.gif

Repainting is nice but rember all of Amity jaws ride buildings were repainted shortly before demo.

That being said It is actually a refurb. There are so many blueprints they do not need full days inside the soundstage.

Do not read too much into anything. Nothing is a pernanant attraction but it is a slow time of year and it has been in a list.

Repainting is nice but rember all of Amity jaws ride buildings were repainted shortly before demo.

That being said It is actually a refurb. There are so many blueprints they do not need full days inside the soundstage.

Do not read too much into anything. Nothing is a pernanant attraction but it is a slow time of year and it has been in a list.
They also replaced all the light bulbs on the EPCOT wand just a couple months before they dismantled it.

I just don't understand why Nintendo can't go into a separate park. Then you can put in sonic, halo, and classic games, like pinball. How fun would it be to ride inside a pinball machine?, a launched spinning Coaster complete with on or two inversions?! That would be awesome! Universal should take advantage of the wet n wild land and the 500+ acres they just acquired. Honestly speaking, a new park should be placed where more traffic would flow, so a good pick for park real estate would be the former wet n wild :)

I just don't understand why Nintendo can't go into a separate park. Then you can put in sonic, halo, and classic games, like pinball. How fun would it be to ride inside a pinball machine?, a launched spinning Coaster complete with on or two inversions?! That would be awesome! Universal should take advantage of the wet n wild land and the 500+ acres they just acquired. Honestly speaking, a new park should be placed where more traffic would flow, so a good pick for park real estate would be the former wet n wild :)
Yeah, I'm still not buying the Nintendo in Kidzone rumor at all. I think it was likely being planned but the third park changed things. I think a few people are just repeating old information.

It's funny this subject always seems to bring out two types of people, those who love E.T. and don't want to believe it could close and then those who don't care and like to just mess with the others. Personally I love E.T., but I'm not unrealistic enough to realize that it's an old attraction and is probably heavily considered for replacement. That being said, most of this is a HUGE stretch. A ride that's currently being refurbished and repainted is going to be torn down or worse yet repurposed into the newest headlining attraction to only compete with the new park when it opens (where of course they'll be looking for a few big things to make that park stand out), yeah sure ok...

The same argument could be made for Harry Potter. The same argument could be made for Star Wars. The same argument could be made for Marvel. The same argument could be made for a thousand other things. But the reality is that you can't just keep endlessly building new parks. Disney found that out the hard way with Animal Kingdom. When it opened, people just sacrificed a day at EPCOT or MGM instead of adding a day to their vacations. Disney would almost certainly have been much better off just spreading new attractions around the existing parks. They could've added the safari to EPCOT as an Equatorial Africa pavilion, Indiana Jones to MK instead of Countdown to Extinction, etc. Universal seems to recognize this and that's why they're adding it to USF instead of devoting a whole new park to it.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn

Keeping yourself limited to just one form of entertainment, will not bode well. It's better, to diversify and to use everything out of the the industry's spectrum of creativity and unique stories to tell.

With Universal Florida housing attractions and events including IP's from not just Films, but Television and Music, I don't get the flack on why Universal can't have the gaming industry apart of their theme park, and that they shouldn't limit it to one park.

Keeping yourself limited to just one form of entertainment, will not bode well. It's better, to diversify and to use everything out of the the industry's spectrum of creativity and unique stories to tell.

With Universal Florida housing attractions and events including IP's from not just Films, but Television and Music, I don't get the flack on why Universal can't have the gaming industry apart of their theme park, and that they shouldn't limit it to one park.
I think interactive gaming could fit well enough into USF. The question is why would it not fit into the new park, or are we assuming that they have no plans for a new park?

I think interactive gaming could fit well enough into USF. The question is why would it not fit into the new park, or are we assuming that they have no plans for a new park?

Odd's are, the plans in-place for USF, would've most likely been locked before the plot on I-Drive was purchased. As from what we know, they will intend on keeping the release pattern on a close time-frame for all three iterations of it if I am not mistaken, for Osaka (which, will most likely be 2019); 2020 for Orlando and then 2021 for Hollywood.

Does that mean that I see Nintendo coming to the fourth gate? Yes. But, it won't be primarly focusing on just video games, as you have Dreamworks, Fantastic Beasts, and Nintendo, alongside other Universal IP's that they can pick for in the proper terms of making unique and highly immersive lands that cannot be seen anywhere else in Orlando.

Sacrificing ET, is something that makes sense.

Reactions: Quint
Likely scenario:
-Kidzone comes down in November after HHN
-ET closes in Spring before Furious opens.

That, I think is more likely.

close Kidzone down in October, but have a new temp queue (similar to the Fun Tent from USH back in the early 10's when WWoHP began work), and then close the attraction down in Janruary, so that way; it's there for the holiday hours.

Reactions: anihilnation
Sacrificing ET, is something that makes sense.
I guess it all depends on timing. 2020 is 3 years away (The usual length of time from groundbreaking to opening for a theme park). It just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to sacrifice an existing attraction to shove a new headliner IP into a park that's already doing pretty well. One it takes something off the table that could be a big draw to the new park and additionally offers relatively new competition to said new park. There were pretty strong rumors of this several years ago (Kidzone was supposedly closing in 2014), to me it almost seems like they put it on hold to see if they could purchase the new land. Now if the plans for a new park have been scrapped or delayed then yes I could definitely see Nintendo going in USF. They could have easily closed Kidzone and E.T. months ago and gotten started instead they're doing refurb work on it. I suppose everyone is entitled to draw they're own conclusions, I'm just not seeing it from a logical standpoint.

They could very easily be pursuing the same strategy as the Wizarding World. Universal Studios has The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley and Islands of Adventure has The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade. Universal Studios will have Super Nintendo World - Mushroom Kingdom, and Site B might have Super Nintendo World - Hyrule.