The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just hope they tear the whole thing down and start over with something practical. Anything using that same ride system will be a waste in my opinion.

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
The ride system isn’t an issue for me, the 360 portion blows. Pulling into the warehouse with an earthquake type show scene but FF would be cool. Idk if the space is there for that tho. I think anything involving 360 would suffer from the same thing this does.

Definitely, the biggest issue is the 360 screen.

It'd be cool to see a physical set along with a screen background to expand the scene itself. Utilize the screen for anything not feasible to do in an physical scene.

The first physical scene on supercharged should be an additional scene where something actually happens or expanded upon with the preshow scenes as well.

Reactions: Amity6 and belloq87
Two rides based on giant monsters using the same ride system seems a bit repetitive, no?
I see your point, but setting, tone, and the tricks used while you're in the bus could make for a varied enough experience. Driving through San Francisco during a kaiju fight can lead to a relatively different scene structure than being in a jungle among Peter Jackson/Jurassic Park sized monsters.

Transformers and Spiderman use most of the same tricks. Hence, they feel similar. A Godzilla partybus ride post-Kong would just have to be a little creative in how they design the ride video.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Ive been dreaming up a Godzilla replacement for F&F. In the 2014 movie there is literally a scene in which a bus has to cross the Golden Gate Bridge while Godzilla is being attacked by the military. It screams perfect for the 360° screen section. Id imagine the queue as a evacuation zone as kaiju are already attacking the city

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Ive been dreaming up a Godzilla replacement for F&F. In the 2014 movie there is literally a scene in which a bus has to cross the Golden Gate Bridge while Godzilla is being attacked by the military. It screams perfect for the 360° screen section. Id imagine the queue as a evacuation zone as kaiju are already attacking the city

But Godzilla in SF? I know they used it before but that was a bunch of years ago. F&F has to go but I'd rather have Potter with a back entrance than put a lizard here.

Comcast seems to be pro-synergy (somewhat minus Potter)

Is Godzilla a part of Universal Pictures or Comcast?
2014s Godzilla was made under Legendary Pictures which at the time had a partnership with Universal. I believe the more current monsterverse films are under WB. I dont think using the older movie would be an issue but I could be wrong

2014s Godzilla was made under Legendary Pictures which at the time had a partnership with Universal. I believe the more current monsterverse films are under WB. I dont think using the older movie would be an issue but I could be wrong
Meh, I suppose if Transformers is in Studios then Godzilla could be too

Since we're sharing our truths...I am more keen on the synergistic approach they are currently taking with a large part of the new offerings

F&F is 100% Universal and financially a successful ip that needs a place in their theme parks.
Thing is that Universal did put us in a DeLorean, Hargrid's Motorbike and a Hogwarts express so a ride themed after a movie franchise that has big muscle cars at their core needs a ride where we sit in one of these cars and the ride needs to have car stunts, spectacle and speed.
Nothing of a party bus screen ride can create that. Universal has ample space in Kidszone that needs to go and can hold a stunning F&F.
Highly themed Universal could go for the Donkey Kong model where a coaster track is placed under the road and car jumps and drifting can simulated with track and a rotating vehicle. The feel of speed and near misses can be created with theming placed close to the track and a dark ride part with additional screens.

Reactions: londonwerecat
All these concepts sound amazing but was Uni actually gonna spend the money to make this ride better ?

F&F is 100% Universal and financially a successful ip that needs a place in their theme parks.
Thing is that Universal did put us in a DeLorean, Hargrid's Motorbike and a Hogwarts express so a ride themed after a movie franchise that has big muscle cars at their core needs a ride where we sit in one of these cars and the ride needs to have car stunts, spectacle and speed.
Nothing of a party bus screen ride can create that. Universal has ample space in Kidszone that needs to go and can hold a stunning F&F.
Highly themed Universal could go for the Donkey Kong model where a coaster track is placed under the road and car jumps and drifting can simulated with track and a rotating vehicle. The feel of speed and near misses can be created with theming placed close to the track and a dark ride part with additional screens.
I'm honestly curious where the franchise goes and if it's advantageous to wait until the franchise finds new legs

I'm sure there are spin offs and other adventures planned

That being said, a F&F version of Hagrid sounds sexy

Alicia, on her Theme park stop site, has a story about a short closure of F&F next month, and a possible semi redo of a few screen elements. Interesting read that should trigger some discussion.

Alicia, on her Theme park stop site, has a story about a short closure of F&F next month, and a possible semi redo of a few screen elements. Interesting read that should trigger some discussion.
I'm still wondering if they're holding back for huge re-do after Mummy is done with its extended downtime though.

As I mentioned in the story, but not the video in case you missed it, the musion glass is beyond nasty and needs to be cleaned. Whatever refurb they may do in the short term may just be to help clean some stuff up and general maintenance... for now.

IMG_8346-scaled.jpg

IMG_8345-scaled.jpg

I'm still wondering if they're holding back for huge re-do after Mummy is done with its extended downtime though.

As I mentioned in the story, but not the video in case you missed it, the musion glass is beyond nasty and needs to be cleaned. Whatever refurb they may do in the short term may just be to help clean some stuff up and general maintenance... for now.

IMG_8346-scaled.jpg

IMG_8345-scaled.jpg
I'm curious how it even gets dirty? Seems like it should be a quick clean.

EDIT: Also I just realized my post briefly appears in Alicia's video. I am beyond honored that my dumb profile has been immortalized.

Reactions: Alicia
Is there a rumored date on when this is happening next month? I'm going to the parks for the first time in several years and I was really hoping to catch this one before anything happens to it.

I'm not saying I'm looking forward to it but I'd like to experience the current iteration just once to say I was there. :lol:

So...really...they don't have to do a whole lot to fix this

1) Tunnel scene distant gunshots heard "we tracked the bus, put your hands up or...get..idk..wrecked or something" We hear, not today and the tunnel scene starts as we speed away

2) Alley scene (not sure if both cars can stop in here) but theoretically, both busses would stop in here for a shoot out scene, maybe some sparks and fire would be added (?)

3) Party scene becomes a continuation of shoot out scene...more practical effects...ends with us being told (who's the villain guy again) is on his way

4) 360 scene is the same, add 3D

5) Party Busses are no longer referred to as party busses...but Turbo Busses

6) Pre-shows are absorbed into the regular queue on a constant loop