The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Knight Bus?
I'd be happy with that. What the parks DON'T need is another lightly themed coaster - a few are fine and Veloci was a fantastic addition, but slap an IP on a pile of metal too often and you start to reek of Six Flags. The current F&F is much preferable to that.

But the thing Uni needs most of all are AA-focused all-age dark-rides, so lets hope for a couple of those.

PS: it should also be noted that F&F seems to be in definite box office decline. It may not be the best choice for a new attraction.

If this is the next project at USF post EU following whatever is coming to IOA, this is exciting. I could see this being the 2027 or 2028 addition to USF. As for the IP, I don't think they would do F&F. we would be 2-3 years removed from the main series having wrapped up. Another thing that could be possible by 2027-2028 is NBCU could own WBD (here was an article recently where it slipped the there have been talks of WBD and NBCU combining) and use a WB IP.

Reactions: tankart150
If this is the next project at USF post EU following whatever is coming to IOA, this is exciting. I could see this being the 2027 or 2028 addition to USF. As for the IP, I don't think they would do F&F. we would be 2-3 years removed from the main series having wrapped up. Another thing that could be possible by 2027-2028 is NBCU could own WBD (here was an article recently where it slipped the there have been talks of WBD and NBCU combining) and use a WB IP.
If Universal does not think the F&F brand will have longevity, I seriously doubt they would be building an attraction in Hollywood for it currently.

If Universal does not think the F&F brand will have longevity, I seriously doubt they would be building an attraction in Hollywood for it currently.
Aside from a roller coaster, of which there seems to be the consent/opinion on this thread that Universal will move away from them in USF to better balance out the park against IOA and EU, what other ride system would be ideally suited for an F&F attraction? Unless they get creative I don't know they can fit a large scale coaster like they are getting in USH. Plus Universal could want to pounce on a new hot IP for that plot of land by 2027-2028.

Aside from a roller coaster, of which there seems to be the consent/opinion on this thread that Universal will move away from them in USF to better balance out the park against IOA and EU, what other ride system would be ideally suited for an F&F attraction? Unless they get creative I don't know they can fit a large scale coaster like they are getting in USH. Plus Universal could want to pounce on a new hot IP for that plot of land by 2027-2028.
My hope would be for a thrilling dark ride with some decent sets and AAs. I would suggest using the scoop ride vehicle but it's a little overused at UOA. I still think Universal could get creative with it though.

My hope would be for a thrilling dark ride with some decent sets and AAs. I would suggest using the scoop ride vehicle but it's a little overused at UOA. I still think Universal could get creative with it though.
Waaaaaay back, like in 2015 or 2016, I had thought Supercharged was gonna use a newer/more advanced version of the SCOOP vehicle.

While yes, the SCOOP is a little overused, I wouldn't mind it being used as a way to fix Supercharged.

Reactions: mccgavin
I actually enjoy Supercharged, even though it is more of an F&F experience than a ride ...

Scooby Doo vans (the Mystery Machine) and plenty of AA's would be my vote to replace it
If they were to use a WB IP in the Supercharged plot, IMO I would prefer Looney Tunes. There is a lot of cool things you can do with that IP in regards to spoofing things. As i mentioned over in the thread where you can pitch your own ride ideas, I proposed a LT Great Movie Ride that spoofs either Universal's own library or goes after Disney directly. I still think Scooby should have representation in Universal Parks, but that should take over The Simpsons Ride when the contract expires with a stacked dark ride themed to either a haunted house or if they wanted to break away from the haunted house trope, a haunted theater.
I hope Universal eventually takes a break from the SCOOP and tries a new ride system for large scale dark rides. Patents were filed not too long away for a theater like ride system that can break away and become a set of traveling ride vehicles. They were also patents filed for autonomous ride vehicles as well as ones that can be guided with infrared light. I would like to see Universal try new ride concepts with the patents I mentioned.

If they were to use a WB IP in the Supercharged plot, IMO I would prefer Looney Tunes. There is a lot of cool things you can do with that IP in regards to spoofing things. As i mentioned over in the thread where you can pitch your own ride ideas, I proposed a LT Great Movie Ride that spoofs either Universal's own library or goes after Disney directly. I still think Scooby should have representation in Universal Parks, but that should take over The Simpsons Ride when the contract expires with a stacked dark ride themed to either a haunted house or if they wanted to break away from the haunted house trope, a haunted theater.

I hope Universal eventually takes a break from the SCOOP and tries a new ride system for large scale dark rides. Patents were filed not too long away for a theater like ride system that can break away and become a set of traveling ride vehicles. They were also patents filed for autonomous ride vehicles as well as ones that can be guided with infrared light. I would like to see Universal try new ride concepts with the patents I mentioned.

The Puzzle Theater is what I think your referring towards? I could've sworn someone here said that patent was benched as part of the kitchen sink pitch that was made for when they were trying to convince Nintendo.

Honestly I am more interested if in the future, more dark rides use the ride system that's seemingly in place for Ministry.

The Puzzle Theater is what I think your referring towards? I could've sworn someone here said that patent was benched as part of the kitchen sink pitch that was made for when they were trying to convince Nintendo.

Honestly I am more interested if in the future, more dark rides use the ride system that's seemingly in place for Ministry.
The Ministry ride system from what I have heard appears to be yet another variant of the SCOOP from Spiderman and Transformers. I don't mind the SCOOP being used, I just want to see Universal diversify into other ride systems for large scale dark rides. I think they could use the infrared guided vehicle patent along with the autonomous vehicle patent to create some type of trackless ride that would be something different from a SCOOP and could allow more people to ride as trackless rides like MMRR don't have a height requirement and lack the motion a SCOOP has which is ideal for people who can't do the SCOOP due to motion sickness. Universal parks need more rides (Specifically dark rides) that have no height requirements IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: GA-MBIT
Food for though: was playing around with Google earth and I measured the square feet of the current supercharge building. It comes to about the 118,678 square feet if you include the building where the main ride is housed and other parts of the building where the queue and preshow take place. If you just include where the ride is housed it comes to about 86,564 square feet. I also measured the square feet of the Simpsons plot in USH if any replacement attraction where to expand over the hill and depending how how you measure it it can equal 102,607 square. Then the former Backdraft plot in Japan. Depending how much that is measured you still have over 116,000 square feet even though to get to that you would have to encroach towards DSMM. Maybe if a hypothetical dark ride replaces Supercharged at USF it also gets cloned to USH and USJ as well due to all three locations having size plots close to the USF building?

• Haha
Reactions: Michael S
Food for though: was playing around with Google earth and I measured the square feet of the current supercharge building. It comes to about the 118,678 square feet if you include the building where the main ride is housed and other parts of the building where the queue and preshow take place. If you just include where the ride is housed it comes to about 86,564 square feet. I also measured the square feet of the Simpsons plot in USH if any replacement attraction where to expand over the hill and depending how how you measure it it can equal 102,607 square. Then the former Backdraft plot in Japan. Depending how much that is measured you still have over 116,000 square feet even though to get to that you would have to encroach towards DSMM. Maybe if a hypothetical dark ride replaces Supercharged at USF it also gets cloned to USH and USJ as well due to all three locations having size plots close to the USF building?

Probably not.

yeah gonna go out on a limb and say no aswell.
My guess is that if this (the Supercharged replacement) did by some chance get ported over to USH, it could be part of the long awaited lower lot expansion where the soundstages behind Mummy and Transformers are.

I don’t see why this can’t become the indoor portions of Test Track and Radiator Springs Racers. Hate to compare directly to something else, but I think this building could fit a fun 2-3 minute dark ride of that level.
Ride technologies are patented, so while other companies can make similar experiences, unless they use off the shelf technologies from the same vendor, they’ll never be the same between Disney and Universal. At least not technically.

I’ve wondered if that’s partly why other companies haven’t made a Test Track/Carsland type fast slot car busbar ride.

Dynamic Attractions offering that unique powered coaster that you can make look like a slot car is similar in nature, but also completely differently designed.

Dynamic Attractions offering that unique powered coaster that you can make look like a slot car is similar in nature, but also completely differently designed.

Another possible wrench in the system is Dynamic Attractions willing to make another one? The one they're still working on in Genting SkyWorld has yet to be finished, and if it's been as much of a pain as their Special Effects coaster, then just like the Special Effects coaster, they might be openly content with not building another one.

Ride technologies are patented, so while other companies can make similar experiences, unless they use off the shelf technologies from the same vendor, they’ll never be the same between Disney and Universal. At least not technically.

I’ve wondered if that’s partly why other companies haven’t made a Test Track/Carsland type fast slot car busbar ride.

Curse of DarKastle (RIP) and Spider-Man being prime examples.