The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they are going to do some of Nintendo in every park over time, which would make sense akin to Potter, USF is likely going to need to find space for Pokemon down the line. If they can shoehorn a Hollywood F&F style coaster somewhere else in the park, the current Supercharged plot could be a contender for this use in a few years.

I don’t want a F&F coaster anywhere other than where it is right now. Maybe where HRRR is, but just do an indoor coaster with a drifting sequence. The expansion pads/land takeover space can be utilized elsewhere imo.

I’m worried Coasterz are the next Screenz. They need a balance.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Universal: "What are we blowing up?"
Fans:
Universal: "Fast and Furious: Supercharged?"

you-guys-are-going-to-hell-villain.gif

So we have

Minion Mayhem - screenz
Villain Con - screenz? Maybe? Shooter too
Fallon - screenz
HRRR - coaster
Mummy - coaster
F&F - screenz
Gringotts - screenz coaster
MIB - shooter dark ride
Simpsons - screenz
ET - dark ride

Wow we need another dark ride in USF lol

So we have

Minion Mayhem - screenz
Villain Con - screenz? Maybe? Shooter too
Fallon - screenz
HRRR - coaster
Mummy - coaster
F&F - screenz
Gringotts - screenz coaster
MIB - shooter dark ride
Simpsons - screenz
ET - dark ride

Wow we need another dark ride in USF lol
at least Mummy and Gringotts are hybrids, so I look at them as both dark ride/minor coaster experience. But yes, USO could definitely use a new dark ride Practical and Screens version. Transformers also a hybrid type. I don't think we'll ever see a new pure AA type dark ride at Universal,Not enough thrill for Universal tastes. I'm happy with the hybrids

Didn’t we just get SLoP in USH?
You’re right. While an anomaly, SLoP definitely proved Universal is willing to do an AA centered slow moving dark ride, if it has the correct IP and fulfills the right need in the respective resort. However, Universal has never been ABOUT that style of ride. Before SLoP we had ET and Cat in the Hat as the only two attractions fitting that bill in the entire history of the company.

Sprinkling those experiences around is how Universal can cater to families, but also differentiate themselves from the mouse.

Also, to be fair, those attractions are not really marketable to today’s theme park guests. The little mermaid’s reception at DCA and MK sort of enforces that theory. I don’t see any of those attractions coming to any park unless it’s part of a larger land/expansion, or (in the case of DCA, USH and even MK) toward a overarching goal of place making.

But to get back on topic, whatever might replace F&F Supercharged, I’d argue, will be whatever Universal is really banking on—as an entity—at the moment. There’s no telling, now, what it could be. Which is exciting as well haha

Reactions: Mad Dog
You’re right. While an anomaly, SLoP definitely proved Universal is willing to do an AA centered slow moving dark ride, if it has the correct IP and fulfills the right need in the respective resort. However, Universal has never been ABOUT that style of ride. Before SLoP we had ET and Cat in the Hat as the only two attractions fitting that bill in the entire history of the company.

Sprinkling those experiences around is how Universal can cater to families, but also differentiate themselves from the mouse.

Also, to be fair, those attractions are not really marketable to today’s theme park guests. The little mermaid’s reception at DCA and MK sort of enforces that theory. I don’t see any of those attractions coming to any park unless it’s part of a larger land/expansion, or (in the case of DCA, USH and even MK) toward a overarching goal of place making.

But to get back on topic, whatever might replace F&F Supercharged, I’d argue, will be whatever Universal is really banking on—as an entity—at the moment. There’s no telling, now, what it could be. Which is exciting as well haha
I’m hoping the reception to Epic’s major dark rides (Ministy, Monsters, and Mario Kart) and JWA in Beijing will show off how physical dark rides are still a draw even if they still use screens as scenery rather than focal points. Something similar in feel to JWA would be very welcome in the Supercharged plot.

I believe it uses some screens/projections in addition to AA's.
It uses screens in the same way Navi River Journey does. I don't think anyone would rush to mark them as screen rides the same way you might with a Gringotts or Ratatouille where screens are the primary thematic element in a majority of the scenes.

Something like Navi River Journey is probably my ideal for dark rides going forward, where screen elements and physical elements integrate seamlessly with each other. It's probably the only ride that's completely sold me on that integration.

Last edited:
I haven’t followed this entire forum, and am not too familiar with USF, but if supercharged goes, and San Fransisco goes with it, how big is that plot of land? Could the reason Uni would leave it shuttered (or seasonal) be that they are waiting for the right property to take over that entire space?

I haven’t followed this entire forum, and am not too familiar with USF, but if supercharged goes, and San Fransisco goes with it, how big is that plot of land? Could the reason Uni would leave it shuttered (or seasonal) be that they are waiting for the right property to take over that entire space?
I believe Supercharged is housed in one of the biggest, if not the biggest show building in the park (please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong).

I’d argue they have plenty of underutilized properties that could use the space well, but I’m not holding my breath for any classic properties to be returning as rides anytime soon.