The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's good, but once I've seen it I feel like I'm good for a year or two. Not much of a reride factor.
Yes. We love it, but it's one or two times a vacation due to the nature of the attraction and it's length.It's one example of why most of Universal Studio's initial attractions wouldn't be doing well in these times. All of those 30 plus minute attractions were essentially one and done and had no rerideability factor. With all these hotel rooms, and tourists visiting Universal for multi day vacations, you need mostly rerideability attractions to keep their attention.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
just really unsure of what else it could possibly be. you've got jurassic park and skull island next to each other, with hogsmeade separating them from lost continent. an expansion to either of those, as previously suggested, wouldn't make sense because of this separation
After the coaster and Ministry of Magic it sounds like Universal is pretty much done with new Potter projects. Since the contract to do movies for Seuss is about to expire it's unlikely they would expand that land either.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
After the coaster and Ministry of Magic it sounds like Universal is pretty much done with new Potter projects. Since the contract to do movies for Seuss is about to expire it's unlikely they would expand that land either.
personally, im glad. i was so excited for hogsmeade and diagon alley when they opened up in their respective years, but after experiencing the utter failures of fantastic beasts and cursed child, i could care less about potter

just really unsure of what else it could possibly be. you've got jurassic park and skull island next to each other, with hogsmeade separating them from lost continent. an expansion to either of those, as previously suggested, wouldn't make sense because of this separation
Berk from How to Train Your Dragon would work there.

They could tear down all of Lost Continent and build whatever they want there. No reason the property needs to look like Lost Continent to be built there.

Other rumored concepts we’ve heard are Christmas Town and Willy Wonka’s Chocolate factory. We’ve had new rumors every couple years or so.

Has it been decided that Sinbad is so lame it's not worth discussion?:chainsaw: I did it once and that was enough. It needs to go waaaay before Poseidon. :whistle:

It’s terrible. Last time I tried to sit through it, half the audience had left about 10mins in along with myself.

personally, im glad. i was so excited for hogsmeade and diagon alley when they opened up in their respective years, but after experiencing the utter failures of fantastic beasts and cursed child, i could care less about potter
Fantastic Beast did 814M in the box office. Cursed child has been a very successful play and book. Not quite utter failures.

Reactions: Peter
Cursed Child, the play, has been quite the success in London & now Broadway.

Fantastic Beast did 814M in the box office. Cursed child has been a very successful play and book. Not quite utter failures.
i know they've been fairly successful profit-wise, but i highly dislike (but not quite hate) both of them because they just seem like cheap cash-grabs. i also have copies of both the original script for fantastic beasts and the actual script for cursed child and they suck. however, these are just my own opinions

Eh. I they’re not gonna give PF a complete overhaul, it’s time for it to go. Outside of the water vortex, which is an incredible effect, the whole thing is just not that impressive

It's the sort of unique experience that a well-balanced, well-rounded theme park should have as part of its offerings. And its facade is absolutely stunning.

Cursed Child, the play, has been quite the success in London & now Broadway.

Financially successful, no question. Creatively, I think it's of questionable merit, at best.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
It's the sort of unique experience that a well-balanced, well-rounded theme park should have as part of its offerings. And its facade is absolutely stunning.
Couldn’t agree with you more. Orlando doesn’t have any walkthrough attractions, which is what makes this special. I’ve never understood why a Chamber of Secrets walkthrough never happened, but the parks have plenty of Potter.

Also, how big is Sinbad and its backstage? I didn’t really think you could do much with what’s left of LC, but I don’t have a good sense of how much land Sinbad takes up.

I always assumed LC would just get absorbed into Seuss and Potter over time.

Reactions: belloq87
Losing Mythos will be painful when Lost Continent goes away. Fortunately, City Walk need some original restaurants. I truly believe that Mythos should be rebuilt there in some form. Capturing the interior look would be most important.

Go back to the days early on when they marinated their meat for days. Expand the menu. Bring over as much of the existing staff as possible. And whatever they do, keep the universal logo butter.

Mythos Forever!

universal-studios-florida-121.jpg

Mythos.jpg