The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think if HP turns out to be a success then the lost continent will probably become part of HP as well.

But what would it become? They already have Hogsmeade and Hogwarts... :shrug:

The only thing I can think of would be a magiquest type attraction but that wouldn't take up the entire land... idk...

I don't see anything changing there anytime soon. I remember reading somewhere that Universal has an agreement with JKR to expand Potter every so many years. I'll try to find that article. Leaving that area as is would be a simple expansion for the future.

:yikes: Go. :thumbs:

100% agree. I went for the first time this past weekend. Long live Mythos.

Weren't there talks early in the construction process that a WWoHP attraction could be built in the employee parking lot behind Sinbad? I'm not saying immediately afterwards, since I'd bet Universal would add some attractions to the Studios for the next few years after WWoHP's opening, but that would be prime real estate for IoA expansion. It would do well to give LC a D- or E-ticket. But no, I don't think LC is going anyways. It's just smaller now.

I think if HP turns out to be a success then the lost continent will probably become part of HP as well.

The only thing in my mind that keeps LC together right now is Mythos. Otherwise, Universal would of pulled the plug on LC a long time ago. If Universal replaced PF and made it into an E-Ticket attraction, LC would have a permanent spot in IOA.

Otherwise, LC is up for grabs. It's a small piece of land, that could really go only two ways: 1. Stay as it is now or 2. Replace LC with more Harry Potter! :lol:

P.S. Don't get rid of my Mythos :look:

-Cusi

Last edited:
100% agree. I went for the first time this past weekend. Long live Mythos.

Another 100% agreed. Think about it... this restaurant has great food, staff, and atmosphere that consistently beats out Victoria and Alberts (a AAA 5 Star restaurant) at Disney for the #1 best theme park restaurant. I admit that before I went there, I thought it was quite a bit of hype. I was wrong... very wrong. It's one of the best restaurants that I have ever patronized, theme park or not. And the prices are much better on the budget that you would think. It's on my must do list every time I hit IOA.

Weren't there talks early in the construction process that a WWoHP attraction could be built in the employee parking lot behind Sinbad? I'm not saying immediately afterwards, since I'd bet Universal would add some attractions to the Studios for the next few years after WWoHP's opening, but that would be prime real estate for IoA expansion. It would do well to give LC a D- or E-ticket. But no, I don't think LC is going anyways. It's just smaller now.

There are several things in the back lot area of Sinbad that shouldn't be moved... one of the chiller plants is there. Some of the offices are there. While they could be moved, it would be expensive and a huge hassle... not to mention you would have to reroute the outer service road, which must be maintained for emergency services at all times.

Universal is under contract to add new attractions based on the remaining films to WWOHP. I'm not sure what the timeline is for those attractions, but I would expect that it would be close to the release dates... not several years later, but maybe a year later.

I have it on good authority that Sinbad will be around for some time, as well as Poseidon. I belive that they will eventually be folded into WWOHP at some time in the future... the proposed HP stunt show would probably be themed to the Battle of Hogwarts.

Squid

This is my First Post!:happy:

I think that The Lost Contitent should keep its Mythos theme, but receive an expansion. the expansion could include a Minatour's Labyrinth, a Journey through the Sea of Monsters attraction that could include many monsters from Greek mythology.

Or they could do King Kong expansion

Just Brain storming:p

This is my First Post!:happy:

I think that The Lost Contitent should keep its Mythos theme, but receive an expansion. the expansion could include a Minatour's Labyrinth, a Journey through the Sea of Monsters attraction that could include many monsters from Greek mythology.

Or they could do King Kong expansion

Just Brain storming:p

I like your ideas, and to sort of expand on them I think they should replace Sinbad with a Percy Jackson and The Olympians ride. That would get a lot of Greek Mythology in in one attraction.

The only thing in my mind that keeps LC together right now is Mythos. Otherwise, Universal would of pulled the plug on LC a long time ago. If Universal replaced PF and made it into an E-Ticket attraction, LC would have a permanent spot in IOA.

Otherwise, LC is up for grabs. It's a small piece of land, that could really go only two ways: 1. Stay as it is now or 2. Replace LC with more Harry Potter! :lol:

P.S. Don't get rid of my Mythos :look:

-Cusi

The "new" Lost Continent is actually about the same size as Suess Landing; a large portion of it is Sinbad, obviously, but I thought I should still mention this.

Wow, I hope they don't kill more of the Lost Continent. As an opening IOA former team member at LC that would be so upsetting!!! That being said, why don't they just kill Toon? I hate that land and they have an entire stadium being used for bird poop collecting. Keep Dudley Do right and Popeye but do something with that land and leave LC alone!!

That being said, why don't they just kill Toon? I hate that land and they have an entire stadium being used for bird poop collecting.

I think they should just expand MSHI to incorporate the stadium and and midway alley. The Toon Lagoon sign isn't until after the stadium anyways.

ROFL at Spook.

Last edited: