Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

True, but you need to see the $ first. It’d be silly to green light a 2nd project without guaranteed success. I’m sure people said the same thing when they heard a Star Wars land was happening and we’ve seen the crowds for that. Now, you may blame that company more than the IP for the handling of everything but still, nothing is a total guarantee.
To compare SNW to Star Wars they would have to be building a land without their most popular characters ;)

New idea: Can we please just keep the Lost Continent, alright? The area is beautiful, contains one of the best restaurants on property, and has the best show (of the two that there are) in the park. I understand that a replacement is farther away than the kingdom of Far Far Away, that we have lost much better areas/attractions, and that the preceding points defending it are all subjective, but I'd prefer an expansion of the Greek mythology theming of the Atlantis section into the Bazaar rather than the annihilation of the entire area as a whole for another area with 37 bottlenecks. This concludes my PowerPoint presentation.

New idea: Can we please just keep the Lost Continent, alright? The area is beautiful, contains one of the best restaurants on property, and has the best show (of the two that there are) in the park. I understand that a replacement is farther away than the kingdom of Far Far Away, that we have lost much better areas/attractions, and that the preceding points defending it are all subjective, but I'd prefer an expansion of the Greek mythology theming of the Atlantis section into the Bazaar rather than the annihilation of the entire area as a whole for another area with 37 bottlenecks. This concludes my PowerPoint presentation.

ow my eyes

giphy.gif

Last edited:
They had a Near Eastern type band, in dress & music, playing in Lost Continent when we were there last week. First time I recall seeing that there . They also still have the costumed female hero (forgot her name). There always was a crowd around her when we were in the vicinity. Looks popular.

Of the 10 years of going to Universal though I sadly say that I have never done Posidon’s Fury so that’s my #1 goal this upcoming April haha.

Honestly one of my favorite attractions, solely from it's practical standpoint. Even having been through it the number of times I have, it's still impressive to see in person.

I love Lost Continent personally

I just hate that we will never get a sufficient mythology coaster or dark ride

I'd love to see them just give it it's own, original lore and let it be a creative outlet for the team rather than tie it down to an IP. Alas...probably not.

I believe (as much as I want it)...that this land getting anything but torn down is next to impossible
Like how many licensing fees do you want to have sheesh. but I get it, an ip just sells itself but at least try bro... I guarantee an original ip lost continent based would be better than f&f I put money on it.

Honestly? I'm on board for keeping Lost Continent for at least the next decade. At least the land itself. I enjoy Poseidon's Fury but I'd like to see them clear that and Sinbad out to make a large dark ride attraction.

LC is gorgeous and I've really developed an appreciation for it over the last few years. One of the most underrated theme park lands ANYWHERE.

Oddly never have done Poseidon's Fury lol but I've spent PLENTY of time in Mythos and used to catch Sinbad once or twice, even if it was cheesy. I was a teen so I could handle it more lol, plus the talking water fountain guy. Love it. Nice play to have lunch and relax a bit during the day honestly.

That being said, Zelda has so much more potential to make $ for Universal that I cannot imagine Hyrule doesn't take over this plot one day. We shall see though, you really never know. I figured Sinbad was the first step to this land closing in the next 2-3 years. I obviously don't know the operating costs, but IOA needs a show badly. I never understood why they axed the show at this time. I could see it when Velocicoaster opens because of operating costs but idk, just don't get it. Oh well.

Like how many licensing fees do you want to have sheesh. but I get it, an ip just sells itself but at least try bro... I guarantee an original ip lost continent based would be better than f&f I put money on it.
I guarantee if they did something mythology based it would be spectacular...I would argue that they could strengthen this land for cheaper than replacing it. While at the same time redoing Kidzone and eventually Springfield.