Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

I have to say, this land is fantastic. It may not be what it used to, but the theming is extremely top notch Mythos is there and Poseidon's Fury is actually a fun diversion. If there was simply an E-ticket attraction where Sindbad is, this land would be fine. People love the fountain, too. There's also more actual land entertainment and feeling of a living environment here than in SWGE, which is slightly embarrassing on one hand for Disney, but also shows that the concept of the land is rock solid and has been executed extremely well.

I don't think most of you guys realize how popular the quick service restaurants are in this land either. Both Fire Eaters and the Kebabs place are packed pretty much all day.

Hogsmeade completely changed the theme park industry and deservedly so...but I still really miss LC in its original form.

I wish they could somehow replace just the Sinbad area and leave the Lost City area intact.

Do you guys/gals think Sinbad will suffer the same fate Toon Lagoon amphitheater? I know the amphitheater is rarely used and it doesn't look like Universal has any plans for it anytime soon. I feel like they are not in any rush to replace it let alone re-theme the land.

Do you guys/gals think Sinbad will suffer the same fate Toon Lagoon amphitheater? I know the amphitheater is rarely used and it doesn't look like Universal has any plans for it anytime soon. I feel like they are not in any rush to replace it let alone re-theme the land.
I expect Sindbad to stay closed until the land is either rethemed or replaced, yes

I really wonder if this would be first after EU opens or if USF/KidZone gets something first. Or maybe they could possibly do both hoping that EU absorbs a lot of crowds making it easier to get two big projects done in the older parks.

When boarding the train from Hogsmeade you can see into the Sinbad amphitheater and all of the show pieces are still up, its crazy that horror nights houses get taken down the night the event ends but a show that has been closed for quite some time has still yet to be demolished..

When boarding the train from Hogsmeade you can see into the Sinbad amphitheater and all of the show pieces are still up, its crazy that horror nights houses get taken down the night the event ends but a show that has been closed for quite some time has still yet to be demolished..
Similar to the 'ancient ruins of Epcot.' Some attractions over there are hidden behind a curtain and have been closed for many years.

It may seem wild, but it's cheaper to keep it in mothballs and just do nothing.

It may seem wild, but it's cheaper to keep it in mothballs and just do nothing.

Yup, since it actually does cost money to tear something down. For the most part it's more benefitical waiting till they move on with whatever's replacing it before demoing it. After all, while some may feel a closed building is a eyesore, I guarantee if something like that was demolished without a replacement, it would be a far bigger eyesore with nothing there.

Yup, since it actually does cost money to tear something down. For the most part it's more benefitical waiting till they move on with whatever's replacing it before demoing it. After all, while some may feel a closed building is a eyesore, I guarantee if something like that was demolished without a replacement, it would be a far bigger eyesore with nothing there.
And it is hard to pitch a demo project and get funding stand alone than have a shiny new thing with a budget you can wrap the demo in.

If its true that Pokemon is happening sooner than we may think, than id just have to think they'd be thinking of this are being Hyrule. I know, its been discussed forever basically but at this point I kinda can't see it not happening. If Pokemon goes to USF, Zelda in IOA, and Nintendo in EU, spreads out their crowds very well and effectively. Zelda screams "Adventure" too so it fits IOA's theme. Unless IOA gets LOTR which to me is just a tiny bit too similar, I can't see this not becoming Hyrule at this point. But lets see if Pokemon actually happens first. Comcast just seems to be going gun-ho on Nintendo now that this summer they're launching it. We shall seeee.

If its true that Pokemon is happening sooner than we may think, than id just have to think they'd be thinking of this are being Hyrule. I know, its been discussed forever basically but at this point I kinda can't see it not happening. If Pokemon goes to USF, Zelda in IOA, and Mario in EU, spreads out their crowds very well and effectively. Zelda screams "Adventure" too so it fits IOA's theme. Unless IOA gets LOTR which to me is just a tiny bit too similar, I can't see this not becoming Hyrule at this point. But lets see if Pokemon actually happens first. Comcast just seems to be going gun-ho on Nintendo now that this summer they're launching it. We shall seeee.
“Nintendo” isn’t going to EU, Mario is. If all the lands are split between the 3 parks “Nintendo” is at Universal Orlando Resort. It’s all Nintendo.

I predict a similar situation to Harry Potter. At first it’s just one name. Then as expansions come the name is edited.

Super Nintendo World: Mushroom Kingdom/DK Island.

Super Nintendo World: The Kingdom of Hyrule

Super Nintendo World: Pokémon (whatever location is chosen)

etc.

“Nintendo” isn’t going to EU, Mario is. If all the lands are split between the 3 parks “Nintendo” is at Universal Orlando Resort. It’s all Nintendo.

I predict a similar situation to Harry Potter. At first it’s just one name. Then as expansions come the name is edited.

Super Nintendo World: Mushroom Kingdom/DK Island.

Super Nintendo World: The Kingdom of Hyrule

Super Nintendo World: Pokémon (whatever location is chosen)

etc.
I like this a lot. I guess I meant by "Nintendo" launching this summer I more-so meant this is the first land based on a Nintendo property thats opening, so they're off to the races.

That would be so lame, it feels like the Toon Lagoon Amphitheater situation all over again. If Comcast has billions of dollars to invest in the parks, why don’t they do it properly?
I think the idea that’s they’re not doing it properly is pretty bogus tbh considering all they’ve given these parks. I also doubt this was Comcast’s decision. AFAIK it was a UOR call to move the stunt performers to the Bourne show from a show that had horrid guest reactions and didn’t fill its stadium

I think the idea that’s they’re not doing it properly is pretty bogus tbh considering all they’ve given these parks. I also doubt this was Comcast’s decision. AFAIK it was a UOR call to move the stunt performers to the Bourne show from a show that had horrid guest reactions and didn’t fill its stadium

I think the truth's in the middle. Sinbad was a bad show from the very beginning and never attracted guests or garnered the reactions the resort wanted. Instead of trying to revise the show (as they did with the neighboring Poseidon's Fury), they let it stagnate further for almost two decades. Their inaction means the death was inevitable, but it's frustrating they never tried to make it better. It's worse that we now have two vacant theaters, with no one on staff apparently able to write a show of this scale.

I think the truth's in the middle. Sinbad was a bad show from the very beginning and never attracted guests or garnered the reactions the resort wanted. Instead of trying to revise the show (as they did with the neighboring Poseidon's Fury), they let it stagnate further for almost two decades. Their inaction means the death was inevitable, but it's frustrating they never tried to make it better. It's worse that we now have two vacant theaters, with no one on staff apparently able to write a show of this scale.
1580969584846.gif