The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another idea I would much rather have than another ride in that area would be like an interactive center for kids/toddlers. I think the park is missing that. Dino play is good but they can do much better, any IP or just make it another exhibit hall or something.

Another idea I would much rather have than another ride in that area would be like an interactive center for kids/toddlers. I think the park is missing that. Dino play is good but they can do much better, any IP or just make it another exhibit hall or something.
I much rather them just enclose one of the two playgrounds.

To use an E ticket area for a playground.....no thank you

If you have Toddlers NOTHING will ever....ever touch DIsneyland like even Knotts isn't close to the amount of attractions for younger kids

I've been trying to brainstorm new lands for this area all morning, and dang it's kinda hard. It feels like there's only two options here. A.) Reroute the pathways to the Lower Lot and Studio Tour and put a big ride in the space where the Simpsons Ride and the main courtyard currently resides, and not do much else. Or B.) Keep everything as it currently is and go with a mini-land with no major rides similar to DreamWorks KidZone. The area just isn't big enough for both a major non-simulator ride and a land, and I hope we don't get another simulator.

Maybe we'll get something like Isle of Berk? Untrainable in the back where the ride currently is, retheme the current food options to be similar to the restaurants/shops at Epic Universe, and maybe if there's room add a playground?

I've been trying to brainstorm new lands for this area all morning, and dang it's kinda hard. It feels like there's only two options here. A.) Reroute the pathways to the Lower Lot and Studio Tour and put a big ride in the space where the Simpsons Ride and the main courtyard currently resides, and not do much else. Or B.) Keep everything as it currently is and go with a mini-land with no major rides similar to DreamWorks KidZone. The area just isn't big enough for both a major non-simulator ride and a land, and I hope we don't get another simulator.

Maybe we'll get something like Isle of Berk? Untrainable in the back where the ride currently is, retheme the current food options to be similar to the restaurants/shops at Epic Universe, and maybe if there's room add a playground?
No idea if it could be down but I do like the idea of making a new path that goes down to the current drive way that the Tram runs and that leads you to new lands and area where the studios tour loading area was, uses the tram storage area and goes until F&F

You could then load people for a new attraction where simpsons is using the lower area and then use most of the simpsons ride/Q for a new ride and not waste any space

The other exciting thing about if they use this old Tram area is we would FINALLY have pathways big enough for a parade route.

I think the only thing USH needs to do but wont want to is widen the pathway between the plaza and Simpsons area by removing the Donut shop/little sitting area and just have that as a wider path so people can more easily get from the plaza to the stairs or this new area

In the existing Simpsons Ride plot, you could probably fit something like a larger version of a family dark ride like Web Slingers. USH could use a no height requirement family dark ride with more accommodating restraints than Pets and this could be an ideal location for something like that

In the existing Simpsons Ride plot, you could probably fit something like a larger version of a family dark ride like Web Slingers. USH could use a no height requirement family dark ride with more accommodating restraints than Pets and this could be an ideal location for something like that
Web Slingers is the worst ride Disney has done since Superstar Limo. Y’all don’t want that. Trust me.

Web Slingers is the worst ride Disney has done since Superstar Limo. Y’all don’t want that. Trust me.
I did that ride on a family trip back in June. Very underwhelming. What I meant was an interactive ride like Web Slingers, but with much better execution. Knowing Universal, I could see something like a Midway Mania like shooter mixed with the same type of large screen and set integration like Pets.

Wondering if Twisters could pull a Top Gun Maverick and make a killing at the box office. It grossed more than the og Top Gun back in the day and has a similar demographic. Because if so, it'd totally be at the parks (again).

Wondering if Twisters could pull a Top Gun Maverick and make a killing at the box office. It grossed more than the og Top Gun back in the day and has a similar demographic. Because if so, it'd totally be at the parks (again).

Are you suggesting that a Twister-themed experience could replace Springfield? Otherwise, let's keep this on the future of the Simpsons in Hollywood, please.

Yeah, if it's a box office smash hit.

We should probably adjust our expectations there. It could do quite well - but I think most box office trackers are not exactly expecting a runaway performance.

Regardless, very unlikely it replaces Simpsons. There isn’t enough of a broader theme to take over all of the adjacent shopping and dining facilities.

My dream ride is a Jaws/Twister mash up (no sharknado).
You find your boat in an upcoming storm as in the distance a twister is visible (screen). You escape into a boat house as does Jaws and while the storm ruins the building Jaws is making life even worse.

I'm afraid the new Twister movie will be a fart in the wind.

We should probably adjust our expectations there. It could do quite well - but I think most box office trackers are not exactly expecting a runaway performance.

Regardless, very unlikely it replaces Simpsons. There isn’t enough of a broader theme to take over all of the adjacent shopping and dining facilities.
True, but a standalone restaurant serving steak and eggs and gravy (its own food group) would be a hit! Regardless though, the point stands as that's just one restaurant.

It's waaaaaay too early to track a potential performance right now anyhow.

But yee

It's waaaaaay too early to track a potential performance right now anyhow.

But yee
I still think the area should turn generic universal area like the plaza and the ride can still be used as a IP attraction. With fast and furious being there too now it would fit…. Sometimes not everything needs to be backed by a theme