What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of the Saddle Ranch plot

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!

Figured I'd open this up. Saddle Ranch, is nearing completion of demolition, for a brand new addition to Citywalk coming in the future.

What would you like it to be? Would you want Toothsome, NBC Grill Brew, or perhaps something else?

Probably never make to to that park, but Toothsome is above fantastic, great ambiance, building and food. I don't think there's any concept for CitiWalk, that you could possibly want more than that (of course, excluding HP Great Hall that would need to go into the park itself).

Probably never make to to that park, but Toothsome is above fantastic, great ambiance, building and food. I don't think there's any concept for CitiWalk, that you could possibly want more than that (of course, excluding HP Great Hall that would need to go into the park itself).

I think one thing they could do, is to go to a high end, Hollywood-themed restaurant, with a more classical flair to balance the Archway and Universal Blvd. That'd be an interesting opportunity, to make it something that'd attract people to sit down, and have a proper meal.

Since it's the closest space to the gate, I like the idea of something that carries the Universal Hollywood theming through, like a high-end Studio Commissary. Depending on when you visit, the park can close at 6pm or 7pm so it'd be nice to have an option that can extend your day a bit in Universal. It could even have an entrance from both inside and outside the park.

I feel that the current exit of the park is limited and crowded. Dare I say it, but I would be all for RELOCATING the classic Universal fountain to a better suited area and help guest flow trying to reach Citywalk from the exit of the park. The main gate needs flow change...especially if a 2nd gate is never expected.

I only hope that they have learned of the flow constraints in this area.
They probably honestly don't care... hence the terrible set up for the security check-point.. Ugh.. That area alone is handled poorly, but that is a discussion for another thread..

I will say, I regret never getting to eat (or drink heavily) here, but eh... there are other Saddle Ranch locations. Doubt I'll ever go though haha... I guess I'm kinda glad I did NOT get hired here when I applied back in like 2015 haha

I want a hotel there, but I think the Woody lot has a higher chance of being converted into one. Maybe two-level thing, with a Toothsome on the top floor, and NBC Sports Grill Brew on the second? They really need to max out on space here.

Ah, the many nights I had there as an underage 20 year old in 2012. There's a reason why me and sister called it Saddle Ratchet lol
While their specialty drinks were fairly huge, they wouldn't hit you until you were on your way home or worse, waking up for work drunk as a bat.

rip

At some point, you'd think it would make sense to start layering things at USH. Build hotels over restaurants and parking garages. Granted that means tearing the existing structures down and starting over, but it allows for multiple things using the same footprint.