Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of the Saddle Ranch plot

Probably never make to to that park, but Toothsome is above fantastic, great ambiance, building and food. I don't think there's any concept for CitiWalk, that you could possibly want more than that (of course, excluding HP Great Hall that would need to go into the park itself).
Decided to go back for a bit, and I really wanna say posts like this onward aged kind of funny, as we did indeed get Toothsome, just...not in this location. Not to mention it was used for anyone who was camping overnight for SNW's grand opening. XD

I guess if its event space its fine, I know many disagree with me but I wish the entrance of the park was moved back so this land could be used for an attraction/shops in park and give them more room to add more things to the upper lot

I'd rather that Saddle Ranch and the front gate parking be turned into a deluxe USH hotel that blocks out the Hilton, but that's just my tea that I'll sip.

Something like the Park Front Hotel, but with the thematic touches as seen with the Universal Beijing Resort Hotel.

1677773316017.png

I'd rather that Saddle Ranch and the front gate parking be turned into a deluxe USH hotel that blocks out the Hilton, but that's just my tea that I'll sip.

Something like the Park Front Hotel, but with the thematic touches as seen with the Universal Beijing Resort Hotel.

View attachment 18441
I'd take a hotel/more theme park over nothing anyday. Also if this area can be the hotel and not take up Tram space then its a very fair trade.

Thinking about it more, if they did make this at the front of the park, they could in theory make it like the Grand Californian and have the main lobby near Saddle Ranch and then have a themed arc that looks nice from the outside and goes to citywalk and the expansion rooms above some citywalk stores. So if they did that, I'd be very much for a hotel because its using all the space available

I'd take a hotel/more theme park over nothing anyday. Also if this area can be the hotel and not take up Tram space then its a very fair trade.

Thinking about it more, if they did make this at the front of the park, they could in theory make it like the Grand Californian and have the main lobby near Saddle Ranch and then have a themed arc that looks nice from the outside and goes to citywalk and the expansion rooms above some citywalk stores. So if they did that, I'd be very much for a hotel because its using all the space available
I don't think we ever get a hotel. the metro system makes the park accessible enough from local hotels and motels

I don't think we ever get a hotel. the metro system makes the park accessible enough from local hotels and motels

If I may--that doesn't make sense still. The Metro System doesn't have 24/7 rail-service like other places do; ontop of the fact that they have hotel competitors that are a literal 2-5 minute walk too and from the park.

It was even listed as one of the primary elements that would've been rolled out with the NBCUniversal Evolution plan, ontop of park expansion and growth and studio expansion and growth.

Metro is great, and Today I dont think we need a hotel but if they really do ramp up the park in the next few years a hotel makes sense if they make it work then

It hasn't been paved over entirely. It looks like they put down sheets of wood to level off the surface. They had something set up the other day for something I think with NBCUTelevision that involved silver trusses and stage lighting, so it was probably just to give a level seating area instead of the grass and dirt. I'll try to snap a pic if it's still there the next time I am. I wish it were the hotel, though!

I didn't take a close look, but noticed that about a week or so ago. But seconding the fact it didn't appear to actually be paved, just had a lot of black wooden boards on the ground to make it a more level surface.