The Game Awards 2018 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Game Awards 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Final thoughts: Game Awards edition.
  1. Rage 2 looks badass!
  2. I'm surprised God of War won GOTY after all the awards Red-Dead got. It definitely deserved it though.
  3. I'm preordering Crash and The Outer Worlds as soon as I get the money.
  4. WHERE THE HELL ARE METROID AND DEATH STRANDING?!
  5. EA sucks.
  6. Props to Epic for keeping their game fresh. They could have just kept it the way it was, but they continue to update the game with crazy new features every month. The Block and Creative Mode are some of the best things to come out of popular gaming this year.
  7. WHERE THE HELL IS THE AVENGERS PROJECT?!
  8. NEVERMIND THAT, WHERE IS AVENGERS 4?!
Overall, a great show. Tons of unexpected announcements.

I'll be honest, I thought the show was WAY too long, and there were actually TOO many "World Exclusives" and commercials.

The acceptance speech from the Furry was the highlight. Joel Mchale's reaction was amazing.

I think something they need to do, is to focus a little bit more on awards. Outside of that, I quite liked this year's outing. Had quite a few things that'd be right up my alley, and I am glad that I was surprised on quite a lot of things.

..that said, somewhat shocked that Kojima or Sucker Punch didn't attend to show off either of their games. Especially with PSX not happening this year, they should've at-least brought up Tsushima.

That said, the highlight of the night was Sonicfox. He really does seem like a genuine and honest person, and I loved the message he kind-of gave.

I'm quite fine with God of War winning GoTY, especially since that one has had time for people to really reflect on it.

There were definitely some nice announcements, Joker for Smash is a biggun' for me. (Now please, P5 for the Switch since that would be fantastic for it!)

Now for my personal favorite moment...

The acceptance speech from the Furry was the highlight. Joel Mchale's reaction was amazing.

That said, the highlight of the night was Sonicfox. He really does seem like a genuine and honest person, and I loved the message he kind-of gave.

Being smack dab in the Furry Fandom myself, I can confirm he's a genuine all-around awesome guy. He's got a ton of passion, a lot of heart and it's always a blast watching him. I'm really proud for him, and he stayed true to himself in his speech.

Being smack dab in the Furry Fandom myself, I can confirm he's a genuine all-around awesome guy. He's got a ton of passion, a lot of heart and it's always a blast watching him. I'm really proud for him, and he stayed true to himself in his speech.

That's fantastic to hear.

Anyway, MORE NERDING OUT ABOUT SMASH X PERSONA 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
That's fantastic to hear.

Anyway, MORE NERDING OUT ABOUT SMASH X PERSONA 5.

Yeah, we actually bumped into each other last weekend at a con, so it's wonderfully surreal to see him getting a award like that just days later.

As with Joker being in Smash, I have to say all bet's are off on who the other four DLC fighters are going to be. It could honestly be anyone or anything, especially if their reveal is as secretive as Joker was.

You know, I'm kind of glad Spider-Man was shut out at the awards. I haven't played it yet and I'm sure it's a fine game. But I'm so sick of game developers deliberately withholding story missions and levels so they can add them as DLC down the road. Knowing that God of War has none makes me happy. DLC has completely killed my enthusiasm in buying games at release since the studios usually just make a GOTY edition a year later with everything included.