The Hat Coming Down | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Hat Coming Down

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They could easily move it to some alternate locale... I agree, the hat distracts the beauty of the Chinese Theater, and the original centerpiece of the park.

Yeap, not that DD is mainly just...well...GRASS...this could add a nice visual element to the DD and make it have its OWN icon.

For some reason I never thought of that. I approve of this idea.

Good idea! DD needs an icon like that, and it would work perfectly there!

Yeap, not that DD is mainly just...well...GRASS...this could add a nice visual element to the DD and make it have its OWN icon.

Glad you guys agree. I was thinking maybe the hat might be placed in DD if they where to expand and cover the land north of Cirque Du Soleil's La Nouba.

Downtown Disney would be a great fit, but what if they moved the hat right behind the Beauty and the Beast theater. It would be the first thing guests see at the main entrance, and they could route the path to Fantasmic past it...its already themed to the show!
Disney has already invested too much making the hat the icon of DHS - I don't think they can move it out of the park at this point.

It would be cool outside of the park gates in the area where the christmas tree goes. they could even keep it as a shop.
The hat in its current location is a HUGE eyesore. I truly miss seeing the Mann's Chinese Theater after we walk through the gates.

From Screamscape:
While Walt Disney World seems to have been slacking a bit in having any kind of big celebration events, especially ones that will introduce a slew of new attractions, I’m hearing that some kind of event may be in the works to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
At the same time, I’m a little hesitant to buy into it since WDW chose to just blow off Epcot’s 25th Anniversary which came and went on October 1st, 2007. But unlike in 2007, the Studios park does have a number of potential high profile attractions that could be on the verge of getting approved and built just in time for that big Anniversary, so stay tuned. Of course the only big rumor so far is that the big “Hat” will likely be removed at last.

I'll believe screamscape as soon as I see an UFO land in my backyard and an alien walk into my house.

Skeptical, but hopeful the hat is removed.

I'm actually more excited for the possible high profile attractions.

I'm hoping for the Monster Inc Coaster, or an Indy ride, or a FULL Star Wars section to the park or a number of other things.

I'm a fan of the hat, i love it will be sad to see it go. I was sad to see the wand go from Spaceship Earth and will be sad to see the hat go, to me its the DHS icon, then again i never did see the park without it so to me DHS won't be DHS without it :(