The Icons and Lore Thread | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The Icons and Lore Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
More so, it sounds like the era of “Icons” and their expanding, official lore is over.
I think that might be too far of a reach, maybe they want to spread them out more. Like merchandise wise, and get them to the big screen, Movies, Merch at stores Like Hot Topic and Spirit Halloween. Christmas Ornaments at Hallmark to compete with Disney. Including Comic books also Horror Unleashed is under construction. So yeah that

I thought the same thing.

Can’t have the designers wasting their time on “Icons” can we?
Horrible direction.
Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: Jake S and Blysthon
Nah they’ll be in movies and on merch In stores, Their like Universal monsters.
I’ll believe an icon-adjacent movie occurring when I see it. From what I heard about the proposed HHN movie, it was basically a “Haunt event goes wrong” story. It wasn’t “let’s do a movie based on [x-icon].”

And regarding the merch? Universal is just licensing existing images for extra profit. A&D has nothing to do with it, and I doubt it means anything at all beyond basic merchandising.

I can buy Ren and Stimpy merch at Wal-Mart. It doesn’t mean they’re getting a movie or new show.

Instead of going hot take crazy, I'd suggest you take a breather:
Misinterpreted how?
Has it been explained by someone at Universal what they meant instead then?

The wording is really weird if they are just changing the name of the icons to “iconic characters”. It’s an intentional shift in title for them to downplay the importance of the characters.

Please explain to me if I am actually wrong.

Misinterpreted how?
Has it been explained by someone at Universal what they meant instead then?

The wording is really weird if they are just changing the name of the icons to “iconic characters”. It’s an intentional shift in title for them to downplay the importance of the characters.

Please explain to me if I am actually wrong.

Basically, Jack, Storyteller, and Oddfellow are Icons.

HHNBear, Boris, Lil Boo are iconic characters.

IDK what the OP was told, as I believe he had people provide him with coverage - so that's 2 games of telephone (he has deleted the tweet FWIW). I do know I asked a couple of VIP guides before Aiello clarified and they had no idea what was being referenced either.

Basically, Jack, Storyteller, and Oddfellow are Icons.

HHNBear, Boris, Lil Boo are iconic characters.

IDK what the OP was told, as I believe he had people provide him with coverage - so that's 2 games of telephone (he has deleted the tweet FWIW). I do know I asked a couple of VIP guides before Aiello clarified and they had no idea what was being referenced either.

Gotcha, thank you.
The only thing I am now confused on is I thought at a panel they stated Boris was an icon?

Oh well, Ty.

Reactions: Blysthon
Gotcha, thank you.
The only thing I am now confused on is I thought at a panel they stated Boris was an icon?

Oh well, Ty.
Boris didn’t have merch of Himself, but He’s been in a house and a scarezone long ago so yeah iconic character to the legendary truth. But not a icon.

Ps: forget to mention he didn’t have a scareamoney but was featured in tribute of terror comic.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Gotcha, thank you.

Oh well, Ty.
At the same panel they said anyone can be an icon, so I wouldn’t read into that.
The real question I now ask is Sinister and Surreal icons? Or iconic characters?
Think they want them to be icons but the whole “iconic character” thing was there back up plan.