The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree it will likely be a glorified version of Celebrate the Magic. As for Frozen though, they literally threw that crapfest together in 10 days or potentially less depending who you believe (and somehow the sing-a-long is still around 2 years later - which is a problem I hope doesn't plague Jungle Book).

From everything i've heard though, the barges are borrowed from DL's Fantasmic, so that's a positive only in that DL will need them back when Fantasmic comes back. Point being, I don't want this show to become permanent (unless it's a pre-show to RoL).
THAT MAKES SOO MUCH SENSE!!!!!! I was looking at those barges for like five minutes thinking they must be from Fantsmic!, but that show isn't on hiatus here. I never thought that they came from DL's version of the show. That also explains how they got them programmed to go in that semicircle pattern as fast as they did. It was already in them from Fantasmic!.

I'll be heading to Animal Kingdom at night time to check it out and I think I'll need to see this because there's not really a lot else going on in the park.

What? They have totally ditched those gorgeous floating animals? Is nothing sacred?
RoL is having tech issues and possibly going through a story re-work. They've spent too much on it for them to ditch it altogether though.

How did they create this Injah (Brit) show so fast? Is it just a Marigold Hotel knockoff? (gosh I am soooooo sarcastic recently)
It's mostly just water screens with scenes from the movie and live instrumental performers. It's just a temp show while they get their crap together regarding RoL.

In a way, this is what I think of TJB

Its..well..

tumblr_mcqaz8nj7I1qe00wso8_250.gif

(And yes, I know that I'm stealing a great joke from the DisTwitter community; but it needs to be said).

Who did they turn too to build all that stuff for them so fast? Many vendors are all booked up right now, although I have heard that a few of them have gotten greedy and taken on more then they should have. :look:

Reactions: Ryno27
Who did they turn too to build all that stuff for them so fast? Many vendors are all booked up right now, although I have heard that a few of them have gotten greedy and taken on more then they should have. :look:
As I mentioned earlier, these are Disneyland's Fantasmic barges (DL's Fant! is under down for SWL construction) so once they got the barges, it was a fairly simple thing. They just had to redress the sets.

Do you know anyone periscoping?
I know people are, but I don't know who. I'm sure better quality video will be uploaded to youtube later anyway.

Taking if for what it seems, but people are saying of it being..odd in the pacing and direction.

EDIT: Some of the initial thoughts of this..and its not good.

Last edited:
Taking if for what it seems, but people are saying of it being..odd in the pacing and direction.
Dang, to start out "eh" is the word I would use to describe it.

Pacing doesn't make sense. The performers could have exited after the show ended, such a lame and slow climax and finale, and they were obviously rushed and not ready to perform. The fireworks are sooo random. They finally fire them off after the 'finale' had already died down. My biggest critique WHY DID THEY NOT USE THE ACTUAL SOUNDTRACK!!! And here's the biggest insult:

I would rather watch CineSpec.

Jedi Mind Trick: "Disney, this is the soundtrack you are looking for."

The race scene that appears at the beginning and end of the movie accompanied by this music would have been a much better ending.

EDIT Please read: To be completely fair, if I was reviewing Nighttime DAK as a whole, then it is not bad at all. In fact, Sunset Kilimajaro, nighttime Everest, Tree of Life projections, and the Nighttime Parties seem to be very entertaining. My only criticism is this show specifically.

Last edited:
Reactions: IzzyB
I completely agree with WDWNT in that this shouldn't be marketed as a nighttime "spectacular" as it's just not. Even not having seen it I could've told anyone that.

The problem is Disney will market it as so. The GOOD thing, is that if it really is so bad, it won't remain permanent as some have feared.

They didn't use that music??? That screams live show music... with fake drummers and fireballs/low fireworks and all that good stuff. People would have been dancing in the streets!
It's like if someone offered you a lifetime ticket to WDW and UOR and your response was I'll take Krusty Burger and Mickey Ice Cream together.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
WDW News Today says it best in the following tweets

"It wouldn't be a bad daytime show." Couldn't be more correct. It simply does not fulfill anyone's expectation for a "Nighttime Spectacular."

Last edited: