The Last of Us (HHN 32) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That I haven’t read…:rolleyes:
It's in the OP, but the main gist is:

"As guests encounter the Infected – Runners, Stalkers and Clickers – along with The Hunters, a band of hostile humans, they will need to navigate the Pittsburgh Quarantine Zone, including iconic locations from the video game such as the creepy and desolate The Hotel Grand and a labyrinth of dark and dank tunnels, in a desperate attempt to escape and survive"

My dream IP has finally come.

I have waited a literal decade for this moment. I’ve been asking for a house based on TLOU since June 13, 2014:

The first mention of TLOU as a possible IP was immediately after HHN 23 in November 2023, only 5 months after the game was released by @ThemeParks4Life:

See you in the fog. If you think I won’t be cosplaying as Joel you are so wrong.
Damn, and I even had AHS there two years too early :D

Really cannot wait for this one.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Gonna go ahead and post something sappy.

This game dude…
I remember sitting down and playing it on a barely functional PS3 at my friends house before I even started going to HHN. It got me through (and still does) life’s big struggles. Anybody that hasn’t played it yet, I encourage you to give it a shot. It’s some of the most poetic storytelling I’ve ever seen out of any sort of entertainment media.

It’s been in my top 5 most wanted IP’s since I started going to the event in 2017. I can’t wait to finally see a Clicker in real life.

I hope to cross my most wanted IP of all time off next year.

Still waiting for Freddy Fazbear to show up… *crosses fingers

Has it been confirmed that this will only be the first game and not feature any elements from the second? Almost makes me wonder if this pulls an American Horror Story/Stranger Things and can expect to see a sequel house next year (or whatever year the show returns).

Has it been confirmed that this will only be the first game and not feature any elements from the second? Almost makes me wonder if this pulls an American Horror Story/Stranger Things and can expect to see a sequel house next year (or whatever year the show returns).
Yes, and it’s not even the full game. It’s just set in the Pittsburgh section

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
So it's finally here, definitely happy for those who really wanted this IP!

I'm seeing here and there that some folks are surprised this'll be based off the game and not the TV series, but I don't think it's that surprising when you look at a couple things.

- With it being based on the game, it does allow them to focus more on the horror and graphic/brutal aspects which is pretty key for a house. And as mentioned before, the tv series focused on the emotional aspects which are most likely not gonna' be part of the house whatsoever.

- Another factor is casting, I can imagine it might be a little easier finding folks to portray Joel and Ellie, rather than finding Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey look a likes.

For me those are two really good factors, but I also can't help but wonder if what happened last year with WB played a factor as well. (HHN wanted TLoU, tv series got pushed back so WB offered Evil Dead Rise instead...only to push that back last minute.) If the plan last year was to base it off the tv series, than it probably was a factor. Definitely makes you wonder.

Personally, this won't be high on my anticipated list, but that's due to a combo of not wanting to overhype it (cuz lord, you can easily overhype yourself on a big IP like this.) and this isn't the kind of theme I clamor to see a house of. Nonetheless, it's gonna' be fun seeing this come to life!

That seems…extremely limiting. I know there wasn’t much of a variety in creature design, but it’s kind of a bummer to know that there won’t be an encounter with David in the burning restaurant.

I don't think there was ever a scenario where the event was going to stage a sequence featuring a pedophile attempting to harm a child. (Before anyone brings up Freddy, that character/franchise has a layer of the fantastic that creates a barrier that just does not exist with the grounded reality of The Last of Us.)

I see y’all keep quoting the press release but it DOESNT say that other locations won’t be featured. Just that the hotel, tunnels, and Pittsburgh will be featured.
I mean, the HHN website description is event more straightforward. Pittsburgh is listed as the sole location.

"You and your squad will encounter the haunting and overgrown world of Naughty Dog’s video game in a brand-new, terrifying way, as you make your way through an abandoned Pittsburgh."

I mean, the HHN website description is event more straightforward. Pittsburgh is listed as the sole location.

"You and your squad will encounter the haunting and overgrown world of Naughty Dog’s video game in a brand-new, terrifying way, as you make your way through an abandoned Pittsburgh."
Still does not say Pittsburgh only.
They are often vague as what is actually featured in a house.

Last edited:

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts