The Last of Us | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I finished the SP Mode, I have to saw I really enjoyed it from start to finish BUT I do now have a reason to take it from a 10 to a 9.

Spoilers BELOW!

The final level sees you rescuing Ellie from the fireflies. Joel has learned that to get the cure Ellie has to die, this doesn't sit with Joel and so the relationship kinda comes full circle. Joel now sets out to get her and in the process killing armed fireflies who up this point had been good guys and I guess still are as its Joel who is now the villain. Anyway the key point I thought that was handled badly is when Joel enters the operating theater. 3 Doctors essentially surrender with 1 waving a scalpel. Joel has NO choice here, he can't decided its for the greater good and he can't knock out or threaten the doctors, all you can do is kill em.

This for me let down the story, it would have been braver to allow the player to decided what path Joel should take and the developers could still force the one ending they had in mind. Other then that its an epic gaming!

I just finished the game the other night and I was blown away by it. Naughty Dog keeps stepping it up with every game that they release and this one is no exception. Definitely one of the most intense games I've ever played. The story is superb. I can't wait to see what ND does next.

Has anyone else played the Left Behind DLC? I loved it. While a bit short for the price, for me, it was worth the price of admission just to have new content to get me playing this great game again. Some gameplay components actually seemed to have improved as well (combat). In almost all major areas that truly matter, TLoU is easily my favorite work of fiction I have ever had the joy of experiencing.

Well I finished the SP Mode, I have to saw I really enjoyed it from start to finish BUT I do now have a reason to take it from a 10 to a 9.

Spoilers BELOW!

The final level sees you rescuing Ellie from the fireflies. Joel has learned that to get the cure Ellie has to die, this doesn't sit with Joel and so the relationship kinda comes full circle. Joel now sets out to get her and in the process killing armed fireflies who up this point had been good guys and I guess still are as its Joel who is now the villain. Anyway the key point I thought that was handled badly is when Joel enters the operating theater. 3 Doctors essentially surrender with 1 waving a scalpel. Joel has NO choice here, he can't decided its for the greater good and he can't knock out or threaten the doctors, all you can do is kill em.

This for me let down the story, it would have been braver to allow the player to decided what path Joel should take and the developers could still force the one ending they had in mind. Other then that its an epic gaming!

Actually, I didn't kill all of the doctors (you monster). I'm pretty sure the only one you're forced to kill is the one with the scalpel.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone else played the Left Behind DLC? I loved it. While a bit short for the price, for me, it was worth the price of admission just to have new content to get me playing this great game again. Some gameplay components actually seemed to have improved as well (combat). In almost all major areas that truly matter, TLoU is easily my favorite work of fiction I have ever had the joy of experiencing.

I started it, haven't finished it yet. I'll post my thoughts on here when I do.

My thoughts on Left Behind...

I have mixed feelings. The ending left me wanting more. They had an opportunity to really mess with the player's emotions at the end and instead they decided to just leave it to their imaginations. Just because I already know how it ends doesn't mean I wouldn't have been pretty torn up seeing it happen.

But at the same time, I'm kind of glad they didn't go through with that.

I hated the game. It was okay. The stroy was nice but the gameplay mechanics are basically uncharted with zombies. Offer me a fresh new way to play a game and a new story... You can get a 10. I give it a 7, but It's not something I'd return to to play again.

My thoughts on Left Behind...

I have mixed feelings. The ending left me wanting more. They had an opportunity to really mess with the player's emotions at the end and instead they decided to just leave it to their imaginations. Just because I already know how it ends doesn't mean I wouldn't have been pretty torn up seeing it happen.

But at the same time, I'm kind of glad they didn't go through with that.
Sure it would have been a super f***ed up emotional experience as you'll have Riley sitting there all "I'm not doing so good" and Ellie's just like "Oh, damn. That sucks". But for me, we already know what the infected look like and there was really nothing new to learn story wise after that. I like it as is.

I hated the game. It was okay. The stroy was nice but the gameplay mechanics are basically uncharted with zombies. Offer me a fresh new way to play a game and a new story... You can get a 10. I give it a 7, but It's not something I'd return to to play again.
Wow, to each there own obviously, but I couldn't disagree more. I thought the game play here was some of the most superior game play i've ever experienced, which just added to a game that already was great story wise. It's easily my favorite game i've ever played.

I've played through multiple times actually. Played on Hard first time, then Hard+ and since Left Behind came out, I started a Survival campaign. There's never been a game I love quite as much in almost ever aspect. There's not one bad character in this game. The collectibles actually mean something and actually help tell a story (Ish's story through the artifacts is great). The soundtrack is brilliant. Even the accompanying comic was really good (which is where the Left Behind story comes from).