The Mandalorian | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just in case, I want everyone to briefly luxuriate in this moment of not knowing what a live-action Ashoka looks like.
Based on Bo-Katan, I expect the look to be extremely familiar for anyone who has seen Clone Wars/Rebels. I also don't expect to see Ahsoka in the new episode in a few hours though.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Just in case though...just in case...

While I begrudgingly agree that it probably won't happen this forthcoming episode, I hope they don't keep us waiting too long. Cat's out the bag now, so if this next episode is "filler" that would be upsetting as her appearance is the next step in the progression in the story we've been fed thus far.

This next episode needs to fill in something from previous episodes in the series and/or drive the narrative further in a satisfying way. If not, can't wait to see the memes.

While I begrudgingly agree that it probably won't happen this forthcoming episode, I hope they don't keep us waiting too long. Cat's out the bag now, so if this next episode is "filler" that would be upsetting as her appearance is the next step in the progression in the story we've been fed thus far.

This next episode needs to fill in something from previous episodes in the series and/or drive the narrative further in a satisfying way. If not, can't wait to see the memes.
I don't know if it will be filler by the trailers we have a LOT of action still not seen in the show yet...so I think while maybe the Jedi wont show up until the end we have other plots going on that we should be done with filler until next season

As I laid out last week, I firmly believe this episode will be on Navarro since he needs to fix his ship anyway. It'll allow us to check in with Greef Karga and Cara Dune, while Din confronts The Armorer about the other clan of Mandalorian that he ran into. I think it actually has the chance to be a very interesting episode.

I'd be surprised if Filoni isn't directing the Ahsoka episode (she's only rumored to be in one episode), and he directs episode 5.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
As I laid out last week, I firmly believe this episode will be on Navarro since he needs to fix his ship anyway. It'll allow us to check in with Greef Karga and Cara Dune, while Din confronts The Armorer about the other clan of Mandalorian that he ran into. I think it actually has the chance to be a very interesting episode.

I'd be surprised if Filoni isn't directing the Ahsoka episode (she's only rumored to be in one episode), and he directs episode 5.
Whats funny is as loved as Dave is his episode last season is basically "considered" by many to be the worst. So I hope this 5th Episode is more liked because I want Dave to get to write and Direct a Star Wars Film or two.

Whats funny is as loved as Dave is his episode last season is basically "considered" by many to be the worst. So I hope this 5th Episode is more liked because I want Dave to get to write and Direct a Star Wars Film or two.
Well he directed the series opener of the show too, which was a hell of a lot of pressure to give to a guy directing his first ever live action production and that episode was great. Yeah, the Tatooine episode wasn't all that great, but I blame that more on the writing than directing. Although if memory serves correct, he wrote episode 5 too, so maybe that's the issue and he's just a mediocre writer.

Well he directed the series opener of the show too, which was a hell of a lot of pressure to give to a guy directing his first ever live action production and that episode was great. Yeah, the Tatooine episode wasn't all that great, but I blame that more on the writing than directing. Although if memory serves correct, he wrote episode 5 too, so maybe that's the issue and he's just a mediocre writer.
He wrote Twilight of the Apprentice which is the Vader vs Ashoka Episode in Rebels....so I don't know he usually does good work. I didn't hate that episode (i think episode 2 of this season is much worst) but I get why its not everyones cup of tea

Interesting Episode. Does everything right, a bit cheesy at moments but. You know, first time in years I've been excited about Star Wars, I really like what they are doing.

So I was pretty much right about the path the episode would take. Thought it was a solid episode, not a filler by any means. More of a set-up episode for the path we are going to take on the back half of this season, which I like. The end of the episode really got me hyped for how this season is going to finish out.

Ok wow... Ahsoka Vs Moff Gideon next episode?????
Very possible, but idk if we’ll get that or not. Theoretically, wouldn’t Ahsoka whoop that ass since she’s gone up against much stronger villains and even strong Jedi?

Reactions: youhow2
So I was pretty much right about the path the episode would take. Thought it was a solid episode, not a filler by any means. More of a set-up episode for the path we are going to take on the back half of this season, which I like. The end of the episode really got me hyped for how this season is going to finish out.

Very possible, but idk if we’ll get that or not. Theoretically, wouldn’t Ahsoka whoop that ass since she’s gone up against much stronger villains and even strong Jedi?

Maybe her swooping in to save the day against overwhelming odds?

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
Maybe her swooping in to save the day against overwhelming odds?
We'll see. I want to see the Ahsoka/Moff Giddeon showdown for sure, but I really think people are going to be let down and Ahsoka is more or less going to be used to point Din in the right direction to get to Corvus and telling him about force-sensitive creatures? If I had to guess, Moff Giddeon won't be in Episode 5 at all, tbh.

I think this is big enough to deserve a separate spoiler tag because WHOA:
So, I thought this was odd and I went back and looked. Others had been talking about it online and some are saying Snoke's theme can be heard during this moment. So either the story is leading somewhere to Snoke, or it's Palpatine. Moff Gideon was potentially trying to aid in creating Snoke?

It's all very interesting, but the more this series goes on, the more i'm beginning to think we're watching the beginning of the Star Wars Cinematic Universe right now.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Solid Episode good action, funny and setting up somethings.

Not much to say that others haven't other said with spoilers tags but glad to see the show is keeping a steady pace.

So what did our "hero" in this episode (minisode) do, he got manipulated twice (again), once to go on the ship and getting almost killed and the other one by his saviors. Regarding his profession he is acting like an amateur that can be taken advantage off easily. The whole convenience in how things happen is painful and lacks writing talent. Our "hero" even wasn't able to park his damaged space ship right lol. But it was fun to see Katee Sackhoff.

Reactions: Nico
If this is true, we're gonna be eating good next Friday...
The episode title all but confirms Ahsoka.

Reactions: youhow2
If this is true, we're gonna be eating good next Friday...
The episode title all but confirms Ahsoka.

To speak about next week's episode--I think i said it best on a discord server: This coming episode, feels like Pandora's Box opening. More so than ever, the lengths of animation and live action are now connected with Ahsoka (and presumably Sabine, as she was with her at the end of Rebels)'s journey intermingling with Djinn and The Child's.

With that length, it gives me major GoT vibes. And it makes me intensely curious to see how the plot of this episode is written. If successful--this could be the leap for Dave Filoni to spearhead his own major live action Star Wars TV project for D+, perhaps a full on continuation of Rebels in live format.

As of the moment, my curiosity lies on if Mandalorian is a story on The First Order's formation, and Snoke/Palpatine's resurgence, where the hell Thrawn is currently.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
To speak about next week's episode--I think i said it best on a discord server: This coming episode, feels like Pandora's Box opening. More so than ever, the lengths of animation and live action are now connected with Ahsoka (and presumably Sabine, as she was with her at the end of Rebels)'s journey intermingling with Djinn and The Child's.

With that length, it gives me major GoT vibes. And it makes me intensely curious to see how the plot of this episode is written. If successful--this could be the leap for Dave Filoni to spearhead his own major live action Star Wars TV project for D+, perhaps a full on continuation of Rebels in live format.
I do truly believe that if this is a great finish to the season and goes over well with fans, this is the start of a Star Wars Cinematic Universe as I said last night.

I do truly believe that if this is a great finish to the season and goes over well with fans, this is the start of a Star Wars Cinematic Universe as I said last night.

The key to me, lies in what comes after episode 5. How will the stakes be, after an episode of which many are expecting to be a massive leap.

I am legitimately curious about that, as we still got till the middle of December for this ride.

on it's own way, this season is actually extremely linear compared to Season 1 post Chapter 3-6. And for the stories while small, have had solid connections and transitions. Hell, even going back as far to the first episode with the gilled character. It's as if they're tying up threads to prepare for the next major batch of them (the only ones not tied up so far, is Boba, and going into the Night Watch--to test Mando's potential allegiances with his creed).

My curiosity now comes towards Moff and the lab experiments, more than anything.

Reactions: Nick and youhow2
Throwing this out there, If they try to use this series for course correction of the sequel trilogy I think it would be met with a groan. I hope it tells it's own story, without focusing too much on trying to tie in the events of the sequel trilogy.

The reveal in the last episode is fine as a subplot if it's what we all are assuming it is. Bits that explain the rise of the First Order, sure. But please keep it neatly packed in a box and far away from being central to the plot of the show. It's nice that it's there, but it really should remain as a side note.