Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Mandalorian

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
So with Disney+ coming in a few weeks, the final trailer for The Mandalorian has been released.

Created with Jon Faverau, The Mandalorian is the first Live Action SW television series; with Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Taika Waititi, and Carl Weathers. The show itself, has been pegged as Disney's answer to Game of Thrones, and has been shown as a somewhat darker show in audiences at conventions such as Star Wars Celebration and D23 for the sake of Star Wars.

The show will air on a weekly basis (excluding the first two episodes, which will air on the same week as Disney+ launches).

Wanted to get this thread up, as unlike any of the other Disney+ titles being represented as original content for launch, the build-up and momentum that this show is having is making it as the Key-show to kick start the streaming service. And given it's budget being comprable to the films, it's not something that Disney's cheaping out.

Wonder if Batuu will play a role. It would be a nice tie in.

I recall MSW reporting that they were filming promo ads for GE during Mandalorian's production.

Honestly, I'd concur; as long as they'd have some form of sense to put it in for story, then yeah, it'd be interesting to see a pre-First Order Batuu in some ways. Especially as the FO wouldn't be properly formed by then, there could be some fun avenues to take.

Wonder if Batuu will play a role. It would be a nice tie in.
That’d be cool. It also wouldn’t mess with the timeline for the land, since this is starting out post-Return of the Jedi (as far as I’m aware) and we’d be able to write off any discrepancies as “oh, I guess that’s how it looked twenty years ago”.

Plus, any characters that survive season one could show up in the land as walk around characters or as part of a show with no problem. Batuu: the backwater planet no one’s heard of, but everyone’s been to.

That’d be cool. It also wouldn’t mess with the timeline for the land, since this is starting out post-Return of the Jedi (as far as I’m aware) and we’d be able to write off any discrepancies as “oh, I guess that’s how it looked twenty years ago”.

Plus, any characters that survive season one could show up in the land as walk around characters or as part of a show with no problem. Batuu: the backwater planet no one’s heard of, but everyone’s been to.

It'd be 15 years before the events of TFA take place, so I wouldn't actually consider Batuu as off-limits. Especially as it is in the outer rim.

A Mandalorian walk around character seems like a man obvious addition to the parks.

I'm not...too sure.

They confirmed already Season 2, with it being in production already; so I'd assume they may want to wait it out on seeing how Mandalorian plays out first before introducing the characters more properly into the parks.

Plus, time can be a heck of a thing; especially to how far out Mandalorian is to Galaxy's Edge in the terms of the timeline as it is.

It'd be 15 years before the events of TFA take place, so I wouldn't actually consider Batuu as off-limits. Especially as it is in the outer rim.

I'm not...too sure.

They confirmed already Season 2, with it being in production already; so I'd assume they may want to wait it out on seeing how Mandalorian plays out first before introducing the characters more properly into the parks.

Plus, time can be a heck of a thing; especially to how far out Mandalorian is to Galaxy's Edge in the terms of the timeline as it is.
I don’t think there’s a chance of anything in the parks until they see how many people fall in love with the show, but I’d bet there’s a pretty good chance of seeing someone like Oga or Dok Ondar on the show, even if not on Batuu proper when they pop up.

I'm not...too sure.

if attendance doesn’t improve, and the show is a huge hit, I could see them putting in a walk around character sooner than later. 98% of the guests visiting have no idea what the “time line” is. Plus we’ve already seen them sacrifice theming in other areas.
I think it would be stupid not to capitalize on it. If it is indeed a hit.

I don’t think there’s a chance of anything in the parks until they see how many people fall in love with the show, but I’d bet there’s a pretty good chance of seeing someone like Oga or Dok Ondar on the show, even if not on Batuu proper when they pop up.

I can definitely see references to GE in the terms of characters from the land popping in, especially with the likes of Oga or Dok.

if attendance doesn’t improve, and the show is a huge hit, I could see them putting in a walk around character sooner than later. 98% of the guests visiting have no idea what the “time line” is. Plus we’ve already seen them sacrifice theming in other areas.
I think it would be stupid not to capitalize on it. If it is indeed a hit.

And I do agree. But I personally wouldn't be surprised if they resort to stupid and do things outside of GE for cross-promotion for the time being.

At-least until a while after Rise.

__
Seeing the footage they showcased at Celebration; and it's amazing what the dialogue can do. The show feels like a mixture of Dredd (2012) and SW, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Especially as this finally fills a niche I've craved since 1313 got canned.

So I watched Episode one. To keep it short and spoiler free, the episode starts slow although imo does dive in a bit quickly without really explaining much of anything. It definitely feels like what a Star Wars show should feel like and they definitely didn’t skimp on budget. I felt this episode mostly suffered from a lack of connection between the audience and The Mandalorian himself. Hopefully that helmet comes off sooner rather than later.

As I said though, the ending picked up enough to leave me wanting more. I did feel that the episode was a bit short for the type of show it is, clocking in at 36 minutes before the credits.

3.8/5

If the nonstop posts on my Facebook and Twitter feeds literally all day are of any indication, this show is already a major success and seeing huge acclaim out of the gate.