Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Mandalorian

lol, in the product details section of the plush, they actually reference him being called Baby Yoda.

"He may look like a Baby Yoda, but this lovable creature is referred to as the Child"

Finally Ming-Na Wen!! Another solid episode on a familiar planet. Some truly great moments in this one.

Not my favorite episode of course, but it was still solid.

Episode 5 relied a little too much on nostalgia, to the point of distraction. Forgettable characters and some bad acting. My least favorite episode so far, although I did like the sniper shoot out.
Hope next week picks up.

ive noticed the overall story hasn’t really gone very far since episode 3. Each episode feels like a self contained story almost:

Episode 5 relied a little too much on nostalgia, to the point of distraction. Forgettable characters and some bad acting. My least favorite episode so far, although I did like the sniper shoot out.
Hope next week picks up.

ive noticed the overall story hasn’t really gone very far since episode 3. Each episode feels like a self contained story almost:
Yeah, the woman Mando goes to had very questionable acting.

So while it was a bit jarring at first, I actually really liked Bill Burr’s character in Episode 6. He added a bit of levity that had been missing.

Overall, this episode was welcome change of pace.

Last edited:
Bobby Elvis, the Kurgan, and Tonks/Osha in a single episode. That's genre culture fan service almost to the point of pandering. But all three are so good--and the show is so good--it works. It feels almost like an homage, the creators saying, "yeah, we take genre entertainment seriously."

I knew what was coming with that final Baby Yoda scene, but I still legit laughed at loud at him looking at his hand.

I really enjoy the show episode by episode, but I really wish there was more of a overarching story going on right now. The past three episodes in particular have played out a bit like an anthology series. It doesn’t matter the order you watch them in as long as you watch them because nothing is really carrying over from episode to episode so far.

I really enjoy the show episode by episode, but I really wish there was more of a overarching story going on right now. The past three episodes in particular have played out a bit like an anthology series. It doesn’t matter the order you watch them in as long as you watch them because nothing is really carrying over from episode to episode so far.

yeah, it appears (for now) that the show will just be random adventures of Mando and the child, with no real overall story arch. It’s very rare to see a show format like this in the age of binge / cliffhanger TV.

yeah, it appears (for now) that the show will just be random adventures of Mando and the child, with no real overall story arch. It’s very rare to see a show format like this in the age of binge / cliffhanger TV.
They’ve left little seeds here and there. Most of the people Mando has encountered of importance are still alive somewhere and will likely either team up with him or try to take him out some time. With only two episodes left though, it seems fairly clear the type of series this is.

One thing I’m getting a little tired of is them acting like they’re gonna kill The Child, only for him to be miraculously saved at the last second.

Reminder that Episode 7 comes out tomorrow/late tonight instead of Friday this week due to Rise of Skywalker.

This episode kicked MAJOR ass! Holy crap. Easily my favorite of the season and is finally tying all the different storylines together.

The last 5-10 minutes are really freakin’ awesome and set up for what should hopefully be a great Season Finale next week.

This was Deborah Chow’s second great episode, which bodes well for the Obi-Wan show. She’s directing that entire show.

This episode kicked MAJOR ass! Holy crap. Easily my favorite of the season and is finally tying all the different storylines together.

The last 5-10 minutes are really freakin’ awesome and set up for what should hopefully be a great Season Finale next week.

This was Deborah Chow’s second great episode, which bodes well for the Obi-Wan show. She’s directing that entire show.

Totally agree. I wasn't that into the past few episodes but this was back in awesome territory again :thumbsup: