Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Mandalorian

I’m just glad to see Gina Carson but that was a great episode.
Gina Carano :tease: Yes, she's a badass.

Yeah, the woman Mando goes to had very questionable acting.
Mimi Kanasis! (from Kimmy Schmidt) is what I yelled as soon as I saw her.

I really enjoy the show episode by episode, but I really wish there was more of a overarching story going on right now. The past three episodes in particular have played out a bit like an anthology series. It doesn’t matter the order you watch them in as long as you watch them because nothing is really carrying over from episode to episode so far.

yeah, it appears (for now) that the show will just be random adventures of Mando and the child, with no real overall story arch. It’s very rare to see a show format like this in the age of binge / cliffhanger TV.

Agreed. Outside of last night, which is finally starting to tie some of it together, it's just been some random action episodes with no push to a finale.

What I've found interesting about this show, as @rhino4evr points out, is it's definitely rare to see a show where it isn't a cliffhanger or things are just over the top unbelievable every episode (looking at you Ray Donavon).

I'm actually really enjoying watching a show with a strong male lead who doesn't have a ton of emotion, but you can see that they are slowly building towards him having some eventually at some point. Every male lead doesn't have to be an anti-hero; or conflicted all the time and on the emotional edge. I actually find the show refreshing in that sense. Finally something different from the last decade+. Not that this is going to win Emmys for best acting, but it's still a nice change of pace.

Seriously. Mando Episode 7 was light years better that Rise of Skywalker.
Yeah, I think this affected how me as I watched RoS. I had watched Episode 7 and it’s just pure Star Wars and so bad ass.

Comparatively, Rise of Skywalker just can’t come close. It’s ironic that the success of The Mandalorian (and Jedi Fallen Order while we’re at it) can hurt what’s supposed to be the main draw when compared. RoS is my least favorite Star Wars story of the three by a big mile.

Stayed up to watch the finale episode (well, I was up anyway lol). Very enjoyable episode and a nice way to end the season. Started out a little slow and awkward though. You can see a lot of plot lines laid down for where the show is likely to go in Season 2.

Only complaint is that we have to wait a year or however long for another season, right as the show was finally hitting its stride with characters from all of the different episodes coming together to form a team, we have a clear villain now and a clear objective going into next season.

The contrast in storytelling between Mandalorian and TROS is insane.

I’d watch the crap out of a Deborah Chow or Taika Waititi Star Wars movie after how good their individual episodes were. I think Favreau has too much going on, but Filoni could definitely step into the Feige role at LucasFilm. He seems to genuinely love Star Wars and actually gets it. He may not be the best director, but you don’t have to be to map out a story.

The contrast in storytelling between Mandalorian and TROS is insane.

I’d watch the crap out of a Deborah Chow or Taika Waititi Star Wars movie after how good their individual episodes were. I think Favreau has too much going on, but Filoni could definitely step into the Feige role at LucasFilm. He seems to genuinely love Star Wars and actually gets it. He may not be the best director, but you don’t have to be to map out a story.

That’s the problem with the new movies. Individual directors don’t matter as long as there is an overall arc to follow and this had one.

That’s the problem with the new movies. Individual directors don’t matter as long as there is an overall arc to follow and this had one.
It was proof positive that Disney can make great Star Wars stories, they just have to commit to mapping out the story arc ahead of time and staying true.

Okay, first episode in and I am hooked. Im not a huge binge watcher so ill take a week or two to get through this but wow. I can definitely see why people say it feels very OT. Just the pacing, atmosphere, music, feels OT. I absolutely love it. Excited to learn more about whats going on. The production value alone is very good.