Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Mandalorian

The Disney Gallery/Mandalorian episode 1 was great. Great look at the directors and great insight, especially from Dave Filoni. He’s truly like the prodigal son of George Lucas and is someone that just absolutely loves Star Wars in the way that Feige loves Marvel.

Sincerely hoping this is either a case to where he'll play mutliple characters (in flashback and present), or is going to play Rex; as opposed to Boba just straight up returning.

Sincerely hoping this is either a case to where he'll play mutliple characters (in flashback and present), or is going to play Rex; as opposed to Boba just straight up returning.

I’ve always felt this show was on a path to running into Boba Fett in at least a cameo role.

If Boba Fett returns, I can sincerely hope it'll be done tastefully and not in a manner where he comes back from the dead.

Let the new blood shine.
Well in Season 2, Mando is basically going to be going on a hunt for The Child's home. I could see a world where he goes to Mandalore and some how that could tie into him finding a hologram or something from Fett? Some side character talks about him for a minute and they move on.

On an unrelated note, the second Disney Gallery episode for this show ends with a great discussion from Dave Filoni on the meaning of Star Wars and the emotional through line that connects the prequels and the original trilogy.

On an unrelated note, the second Disney Gallery episode for this show ends with a great discussion from Dave Filoni on the meaning of Star Wars and the emotional through line that connects the prequels and the original trilogy.
Dave Filoni has been great in this show so far. Really gives me hope for things he may do in the future with Star wars. He also really seems to want to continue to learn.

It's definitely jarring to see something like "Mandalorian" be in the same category as "Succession". I liked Mando, but the actual story it told wasn't really that compelling.

Anyway... The Mandalorian is now an Emmy nominated Drama:

This is the way

AND GOOD!!! My god I love how Mando has pretty much made Disney Money....is getting love from the Industry/critics and the fans love it as well. This will hopefully push them away from making more things like how they made the sequel movies and go back to crafting simple but good story's with characters people like and filmed in a way that feels like the classic's

It's definitely jarring to see something like "Mandalorian" be in the same category as "Succession". I liked Mando, but the actual story it told wasn't really that compelling.
I'm extremely surprised it was nominated. Especially when The Morning Show, Pose and (while the season wasn't as good as previous) Westworld all didn't get nominations in the category. Definitely only a PR win though because they won't be winning the category :lol:

I'm extremely surprised it was nominated. Especially when The Morning Show, Pose and (while the season wasn't as good as previous) Westworld all didn't get nominations in the category. Definitely only a PR win though because they won't be winning the category :lol:
It's like when Dark Knight or District 9 gets nominated for best picture. You put these movies most people have seen just to have some interest because many things nominated aren't watched by that many people.
I agree the story is basic....but kinda thank god. Star Wars has the Prequels which has too much going on to make sense for a two hour film and the Sequels which has lots of reusing things people liked and throwing twists in just to be different.

I'm fine with it getting rewarded for sticking with a normal basic story everyone can enjoy

It's like when Dark Knight or District 9 gets nominated for best picture. You put these movies most people have seen just to have some interest because many things nominated aren't watched by that many people.
I agree the story is basic....but kinda thank god. Star Wars has the Prequels which has too much going on to make sense for a two hour film and the Sequels which has lots of reusing things people liked and throwing twists in just to be different.

I'm fine with it getting rewarded for sticking with a normal basic story everyone can enjoy
I liked the more back to basics approach. The show really took it's time creating a simple but engaging story that had an absolute great payoff at the end of the season with Episode 7 and 8.

It's coming out in really just a little over a month or so now supposedly, so we should definitely be getting a release date, i'd think.

I am hoping, that going forward each season has changes to the logo, showing that the Mando is not alone. And that he is growing almost of a family.

I love the Season 2 logo so damn much.

I am hoping, that going forward each season has changes to the logo, showing that the Mando is not alone. And that he is growing almost of a family.

I love the Season 2 logo so damn much.
I do too, but, I think it's no coincidence that as a part of John Boyega's British GQ spread, he spoke out against Disney. Boyege and Finne were trending and then about two seconds later Disney announces the release date for Mandalorian.

I like the actor but Finn was rushed....his kinda arc needed to take three films (or honestly a TV show) but we know so little about the new order from the films (yes yes the books but the movies suck at telling us why the bad guys are even there)
He was given very little and really had not much to do, so I never really cared about his character I think he would have had more of an impact if he died in the second film but while the last jedi wanted to be all different they refused to harm any of the main new cast...so its all bark no bite.

On to Mando, excited for the new season basically Mando and PS5 are my bright spots for the rest of the year. I really hope season two pulls an Empire Strikes back and ends with the hero's not winning, and would be nice to get a trailer.