Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Mandalorian

Watching this trailer made me instinctively fist pump for all the awesomeness that it looks like this new season could be.

What I love with the dragon fight, is the absolute scale of it. It felt like I was watching a movie level fight scene with how it was composited and shot. They really sold the scale of the beast, and it might be one of my favorite action scenes of Modern Star Wars in the terms of the creatures.

Timothy Olyphant was amazing as The Marshall, as I loved how they handled the suit. What I'm curious of, especially with the ending with Temura, is how Boba got out of the pit. I'm guessing we'll have one more episode within Tatooine; but I'm very much happy and excited.

What I love with the dragon fight, is the absolute scale of it. It felt like I was watching a movie level fight scene with how it was composited and shot. They really sold the scale of the beast, and it might be one of my favorite action scenes of Modern Star Wars in the terms of the creatures.

Timothy Olyphant was amazing as The Marshall, as I loved how they handled the suit. What I'm curious of, especially with the ending with Temura, is how Boba got out of the pit. I'm guessing we'll have one more episode within Tatooine; but I'm very much happy and excited.

I liked how they adapted Cobb Vanth, and the KraytDragon from KoToR, but I thought that the mechanics dialogue was really cheesy. 8/10

I mean after rewatching season one, I was wondering if they could continue making a show so interesting to fans. Well this Episode said yes, I love the Sandpeople Culture and the dogs from Episode 2. Timothy Olyphant killed it and hope we see him back in the finale for this season or later on.
The action is still top notch and the Krayt dragon fight felt like it was out of a movie.

Lastly while the mechanics can be a little over the top, I would rather this than the low energy of the actors in the sequels. 99% of the actors in that didn't seem to care for SW or want to come back but Mando seems to have people who like being apart of it and want to be in it.

Forgot to add, but I loved all the easter eggs, and Temura at the end with Boba coming back.

Forgot to add, but I loved all the easter eggs, and Temura at the end with Boba coming back.
haha I thought he was one of palpatine advisor because he was in all black and was older then I see who is playing him and like....never mind Boba is back. Also I'm glad the actor has had about ten years of acting in the SW universe so hopefully its a done in a really wonderful way. /SPOILER]

Just did a complete Season 1 binge before watching this episode. Don’t think I had ever binged this show before and I feel like I enjoyed it even more this time around. Was nice to get a clean and thorough refresh before the new season.

As for S2, E1...
While not my favorite Mando episode, this was a great start of the season. I love how the handled Fett’s Armor and Olyphant was terrific.

To compare to Season 1, this Episode reminded me of Chapter 4, when we were first introduced to Cara Dune and they fought the AT-ST on that remote planet. That eventually led to more Cara Dune down the line. I’d love to see Olyphant back as The Marshall later on.

They’ll definitely at least start the next episode on Tatooine since we didn’t see Mando get back to his ship like we usually do at the end of episodes.

Very well made episode, though I was kind of bored by it. I was hoping that we would immediately dive into the larger story of finding Jedi rather than another side story.

I'm also wondering about that aspect ratio change. Seems like maybe there was an initial plan to release this to IMAX theaters?

I also want to say how appreciative I am that they used the Cobb Vanth character/storyline, which is straight out of the books.

Dave Filoni is really having a big influence on bringing in parts of the expanded universe to fill out this show in interesting ways. We know there’s dark saber storyline and an Ahsoka Tano appearance coming as well.

Decent episode, but that Boba reveal at the end was awesome. Can’t wait to see Mando and Fett duke it out in future episodes, or heck, I’d like to see them work together, but that’s pretty unlikely because I’m pretty Fett’s goal is to get his armor back.

Decent episode, but that Boba reveal at the end was awesome. Can’t wait to see Mando and Fett duke it out in future episodes, or heck, I’d like to see them work together, but that’s pretty unlikely because I’m pretty Fett’s goal is to get his armor back.
Maybe but I do have to ask why would Fett try to get it now. Mando is much better at fighting than the Marshal. So to me makes little sense to let someone more powerful get it to attack him for it. I know it was old Canon but Boba isn't strictly a villain and even kinda said Sorry to Han it was only business in the old canon. So who knows maybe he will want to get the Armour back in away that makes him not a target to the other Mando's

He also might have had a big change of character after the events of Pit....like how in Sandman it makes someone go from a cold man into something more

Maybe but I do have to ask why would Fett try to get it now. Mando is much better at fighting than the Marshal. So to me makes little sense to let someone more powerful get it to attack him for it. I know it was old Canon but Boba isn't strictly a villain and even kinda said Sorry to Han it was only business in the old canon. So who knows maybe he will want to get the Armour back in away that makes him not a target to the other Mando's

He also might have had a big change of character after the events of Pit....like how in Sandman it makes someone go from a cold man into something more
Its also plausible that Fett internationally gave his armor away to try to start a new life, right? Otherwise, why would he still be on Tatooine 5 years later?

At the same time, given who’s running this show, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is Rex (from Clone Wars). Rex has ties to Jango Fett and Ahsoka Tano, and reports had said he’s in this season, so it could make a lot of sense here.

Its also plausible that Fett internationally gave his armor away to try to start a new life, right? Otherwise, why would he still be on Tatooine 5 years later?

At the same time, given who’s running this show, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is Rex (from Clone Wars). Rex has ties to Jango Fett and Ahsoka Tano, and reports had said he’s in this season, so it could make a lot of sense here.
I'm not going to say it can't be Rex...but makes little sense to me. Rex was helping the Rebels on the moons of Ender and then just goes off on his own on a planet with no ties to him?
Boba to me just makes the most sense and honestly if they pull at its a clone, it will upset people more then the people behind this want to. This isn't Last Jedi where the people making it are trying to out smart you, they are using old republic lore so to me they seem to be enjoying this stuff with us not trying to do a gotcha moment.
But we will see, also we have rumors of other Clone Wars/Rebels characters like would be nice for someone from the OT to show up.

The perk with Temura is that you could hypothetically..have him actually playing both, and it being completely fine because, it makes complete sense.

The only problem with it being Rex is that he would be extremely old, clones age twice as fast. But I do think he can he show up at some point!