The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When searching “Washington DC horror” with a specific time filter for 10/14/2018-10/16/2018, this is what I found of note.

Looks like previews of the Beetlejuice Musical that opened in March 2019 began in DC the night of 10/14/2018.

Man I tried this initially and it didn't pop up. Still can't get it to come up. Damn.

I mean, if beetlejuice is the answer, sure? I'd much prefer a house or a show since....I honestly have no idea how this will work as a scarezone. I ADORE this movie and I love the broadway show, so this isn't coming from a place of hatred. I just don't know how it can be translated? Maybe that's just me being so hopeful for a beetlejuice house (it has been a dream of mine for the last 2 years).

I still need to see the movie...

Could be very Asylum in Wonderland-esque even with parade.
giphy.gif

Don’t bands play festivals, though? #CMM

Okay then, let's try this.

1 - Sane Abandoned

2 - Played at the Northbrook Days "Festival" in Chicago on August 1, 2018 (http://chicago-shows.brooklynvegan.com/events/2018/8/1/the-sane-abandoned-at-northbrook-days)

3 - Things that happened on August 1, 2018? Netflix dropped a bunch of new horrorish shows/films (New Horror, Thriller and Sci-Fi on Netflix US in August 2018 | Heaven of Horror) on that date. Those listed are: Chernobyl Diaries, Constantine, Dreamcatcher, Edge of Fear, House of Deadly Secrets, and The Strangers. It could obviously be any of those or none of those, but The Strangers sticks out because it is a Universal Pictures Studios film, and the sequel was pretty recent.

I don't love this particular dot connecting - mostly because Sane Abandoned likely played in other "festivals" and the August 1, 2018 connection isn't really sharp with anything other than what I listed. But, for now, I'll go with The Strangers on this guess.

* FWIW - I really liked the first Strangers film. Thought the 2nd one was absolutely terrible. BUT, I think it could make a good masked slasher house. Not sure I'd want to have Strangers AND Halloween though - would be kind of redundant imo.

Last edited:
For TSA clue Legacy mentioned a while back “#MMC”, I looked it up and something called Medical Memorial Center holds a Festival of Trees in Springfield, Illinois. TSA doesn’t tie in but MMC has to mean something

Reactions: JJ591
For TSA clue Legacy mentioned a while back “#MMC”, I looked it up and something called Medical Memorial Center holds a Festival of Trees in Springfield, Illinois. TSA doesn’t tie in but MMC has to mean something

Could be that terrible "Between The Trees" movie that came out last year. Watched it on my firestick. It was........not good.

But in all reality, some horror movies I can think of involving trees would include Poltergeist, Evil Dead, The Conjuring, Sinister and The Ring. IF trees is actually the main clue, then of this group it would have to be Evil Dead or The Ring I would think since we know the 1st clue is The Conjuring, and they just did Poltergeist and Sinister in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat

Okay, way earlier in this thread you posted #MMC for this same exact clue. Now you're posting #CMM. Makes me think the letters M, C, and M mean something, but the order of the letters don't matter. So, looking for CMM Festival or MMC Festival in Chicago isn't gonna have an impact I don't think.

Okay, way earlier in this thread you posted #MMC for this same exact clue. Now you're posting #CMM. Makes me think the letters M, C, and M mean something, but the order of the letters don't matter. So, looking for CMM Festival or MMC Festival in Chicago isn't gonna have an impact I don't think.
The correct initials are MMC. I have a lot of stuff running through my head.

The correct initials are MMC. I have a lot of stuff running through my head.

Ok thanks. So the MMC Festival of Trees is still alive!!!

MMC = 2100 in Roman Numerals. Or thousand, thousand, hundred. Not smart enough to try to connect any dots.
The Beat Kitchen is located at 2100 West Belmont in Chicago, IL. So that would connect the clue from Sane Abandoned (Chicago), the shortcut (Festival) and MMC (2100). They list 2 Festivals - Do Division Street Fest and Wicker Park Fest (Festivals - Beat Kitchen) - both of which have live music (which connects with the hint @Legacy gave me a couple of pages ago. The Wicker Park one looks like it heavily music focused.

Obviously, what jumps to mind with this one is THE WICKER MAN, just because of the name. However, I don't think it makes for a great potential house. The original is a LionsGate property, the Cage one is a WB property. Looking through everything though, it would probably be the best guess I'd have down this particular rabbit hole.

The main Sponsor of Wicker Park Fest 2019 was Yeti interestingly enough, but I don't see that coming back yet.

Nothing matches with dates of the Wicker Park Fest for the past 4 years that I can find.

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat
I guess I will take a shot at Clue 3.

The image is of Dinah Hayley, which we already knew from posts past. While I do not know what 'M' means, the guesses of mascot or marketing may not fit my guess, but here it is anyway.

The Shortcut was EXTENDED. Really the only information you can find on Dinah relates to her mother Mary Hayley, or her uncle John Wilkes. Considering the clue is EXTENDED, I will take that to mean extended family, of which that points me at John Wilkes. John Wilkes was born on October 17th (same as me, actually, not that I think that factored in here).

Horror movie released on October 17th: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This, however, is not my guess.

I am going with the death date, which is December 26th, which Wilkes was 72 at the time of his death. A movie that was shot in 1972 and released December 26th (1973) was The Exorcist.

I guess I will take a shot at Clue 3.

The image is of Dinah Hayley, which we already knew from posts past. While I do not know what 'M' means, the guesses of mascot or marketing may not fit my guess, but here it is anyway.

The Shortcut was EXTENDED. Really the only information you can find on Dinah relates to her mother Mary Hayley, or her uncle John Wilkes. Considering the clue is EXTENDED, I will take that to mean extended family, of which that points me at John Wilkes. John Wilkes was born on October 17th (same as me, actually, not that I think that factored in here).

Horror movie released on October 17th: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This, however, is not my guess.

I am going with the death date, which is December 26th, which Wilkes was 72 at the time of his death. A movie that was shot in 1972 and released December 26th (1973) was The Exorcist.

As you said, unlikely the answer because this clue wasn't for a house or zone. But pretty good dot connecting there nonetheless.

Also, to tack on, I do not buy into the Beetlejuice thread that has been here the past couple pages. I realize that Legacy has gone down that road with everyone, but I believe he was more forthcoming with the clue CAPITOL. Why would he choose to spell it that way, which as others have mentioned is the spelling of his former(?) record label, Capitol Records which is owned by Universal Music Group. I believe Washington DC to be a red herring, but I do not know how.

Here's an off the wall throw - In 2016, the year of the NF tour from the picture, Capitol Records celebrated its 75th anniversary. The Rocky Horror Picture show was released in 1975, and would make for an interesting scarezone. I'd probably just stay there and Time Warp all night. Though I could see a Universal movie being an easier get, which may be The Wolf Man from 1941, the year Capitol Records was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.