The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 243 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I find odd about the Gremlins rumor is that, while I wouldn’t mind it, who was asking for that IP and why this year of all years?

I think this was given some legs strictly because it is the 30th anniversary of Gremlins 2

Was just looking into visuals form billie eilish videos, and interestingly enough learned her music video “bury a friend” took inspiration from many horror movies and shows primarily AHS and babadook

edit: just watched the video for the first time, the hallway it primarily takes place in with all its eerie aspects feels like it lends itself to a maze pretty well if done right. and it’s storyline is somewhat of a prequel to her good girls go to hell music video where she gets the devils wings and fire everywhere. unsure if all of her videos are connected in a single storyline like these two

I’ll say it again, I don’t care much about her music but that video reminded me a little of the HHN 14 commercial.

• Love
Reactions: tankart150
To be frank, part of me wonders if they’ll just do a full launch at this point, rather than a slow roll of info.

Let’s say the parks reopen 1 June (reasonable, at this point). They need to focus on regular park marketing for two-four weeks in order to re-prime the pump, as it were. That doesn’t put a HHN announcement until late June or early July. That means they’ve lost three-four months of package sales, and they only have one-two months to maximize them.

The best way to do that under such a time crunch is to just overwhelm. Announce the whole damned event in the middle of July and hope for the best.

Not initiating a debate about when the first announcement will be (it happens when it happens), but I’m curious: what is the benefit of focusing on regular park marketing for a couple of weeks (“priming the pump” as you describe it)?

Maybe I’m just missing something obvious, but what would discourage them from simply starting to dump HHN info as soon as they’re confident in a park reopening date?

Reactions: tankart150
Not initiating a debate about when the first announcement will be (it happens when it happens), but I’m curious: what is the benefit of focusing on regular park marketing for a couple of weeks (“priming the pump” as you describe it)?

Maybe I’m just missing something obvious, but what would discourage them from simply starting to dump HHN info as soon as they’re confident in a park reopening date?
Because priming the pump gets people in the park now, and some of those people will convert over to HHN also.

I’m guessing gremlins, sabrina, and beetlejuice. I don’t think you can draw in crowds with a lagoon show alone so a house seems almost guaranteed to happen unfortunately

Beetlejuice is the one IP aside from Bride that seems extremely likely to me, especially since Hollywood had him in their event last year with the Throwback Thursday’s.

Sabrina, Gremlins, and Billie seem like the ones that won’t be houses. Billie is likely going to be involved with the event this year just based off how much she’s been discussed, however I think a zone or lagoon show makes more sense for Orlando.

I hope that if TCM were to come back it would be an Orlando exclusive. It’s been done to death in Hollywood.

Invisible Man…I still can’t see it. I loved the film but it’s not like Us last year which had more settings and characters. Invisible Man would have the asylum and the two main houses, but it could work. But I’d be surprised if they brought it

“Originals” on that TPU feel like they can be tied to the spec map ones.

Tooth Fairy was already Bedtime Stories.

“PumpKing” could easily tie into one of the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.