The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I would try and do if I were them. The front half of the park last year was definitely bogged down a little by having all of the more "Horror-lite" IPs in one place at the same time. (GB, Klownz, ST, Us).

Plus, going by Legacy’s evaluation of how much of a draw Beetle and Gremlins are, it would make more sense to do just one. Give the other the Trick r Treatment, if zones are still allowed.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Does he know that regurgitating info into rhyme doesn't make it new info?

I’m wondering if he saw my post, or follows the permit bot.

Either way, given reactions on Twitter and FB to things, my guess is there’s a large swath of people who don’t see info at all unless it’s spoonfed to them.

For an example: people are shocked Stranger Things isn’t on the spec map

Last edited:
More permit info:

Both Sprungs now have FIR permits (these are the permits for fire alarms and sprinklers). Interesting tidbit on the permits posting: The applications are being sent through email.

In case anyone was worried about construction being halted due to permit offices closing, many municipalities have online application processes. I’ve mentioned before that I’m in the process of building a house. My city has stopped in-person applications, but online services are still available. my guess is the Orlando is doing something similar.

Not “fans.” People. Specifically, horror casuals who don’t plan their entire year around HHN. A strong IP is one that entices a person with no interest in HHN to attend. TWD, AHS, Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, and the Big Three (Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface) did that. Conjuring, IT (Stephen King in general, actually) would do that. Billie Eilish, in any capacity, could do that.

Beetlejuice and Gremlins will attract some niche fans, but it’s a niche that’s already inclined towards attending (assuming they hear about it). Your big IPs aren’t niche.
How much Invader Zim stuff did you have to dig through to find it? Hot Topic doesn’t sell horror. They sell irony. You get your horror stuff from there because they’re the only ones selling it.
That's fair now. The focus really shifted after 2005 or so.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I have a morbid question:
Can anyone link me those Facebook groups everyone talks about? I really want to dabble into that toxic Pandora’s Box of fans.

Reactions: tankart150
So, would you anticipate this potential IP being the first announcement now, over Hill House, to draw larger crowds?
To be frank, part of me wonders if they’ll just do a full launch at this point, rather than a slow roll of info.

Let’s say the parks reopen 1 June (reasonable, at this point). They need to focus on regular park marketing for two-four weeks in order to re-prime the pump, as it were. That doesn’t put a HHN announcement until late June or early July. That means they’ve lost three-four months of package sales, and they only have one-two months to maximize them.

The best way to do that under such a time crunch is to just overwhelm. Announce the whole damned event in the middle of July and hope for the best.

We can’t rely on old schedules this year. What if the park still isn’t open in June?

Just going off the same assumption you were that they're re-open in late May/June 1st. Have three or four weeks of "normal" operations, and start getting people to book vacations to your cash cow.

I know it's been discussed before but bears repeating.

Sabrina dabbling with satanic worship causes some issues when you consider what Universal has done in previous years in depicting anything satanic. Even Zombie's zone last year had a fake pentagram to avoid any of those headaches.
with this in mind, is there still a chance sabrina could happen in hollywood? they’re far more lenient than orlando in regards to religious themes.

also, as far as the sabrina “don’t criticize rumors” discourse goes, i’m a fan of the show. i think it’s a really solid show that has some genuinely scary moments. hell, i consider riverdale to secretly be a camp masterpiece. my problem with it coming to HHN is the fact that i consider season two the only season that really fits the event’s version of horror. season one was a bit clumsy, while season three is just goofy. of course i’m not gonna put down anybody who wants it to come, but personally i think people should be allowed to think that popularity and aesthetics don’t equal a good house idea

Status
Not open for further replies.