The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 246 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could COVID closures possibly effect the budgets put into universal paying for IP’s this year? Might we see a stronger influx in originals than initially planned. I'd imagine that they're now trying to do the event as cheap as they can.

Hell, I would not be surprised if they do not bring back AOV just due to the sheer amount of money it probably costs to bring them in. They could probably do an in house show much cheaper, or no live show.

Last edited:
Could COVID closures possibly effect the budgets put into universal paying for IP’s this year? Might we see a stronger influx in originals than initially planned. I'd imagine that they're now trying to do the event as cheap as they can.

Hell, I would not be surprised if they do not bring back AOV just due to the sheer amount of money it probably costs to bring them in. They could probably do an in house show much cheaper, or no live show.
Budget for HHN was approved a couple months ago.

Car (I thought this one was easy. Clever, but easy).
The car is a Hyundai Equus
Daniel Radcliffe starred in Equus on Broadway.
Daniel Radcliffe played Harry Potter.
Harry Potter starts by living in a broom closet under the stairs.
Solution - People Under the Stairs
See - here's a little bit of the disconnect between knowing the answer and giving the clue and having no idea what the answer to the clue is. There are SOOO many directions to go with this, even just Equus there's about 6 ways to go. Then getting the right actor and making the leap that because he lived in a broom closet that gets you to "People Under The Stairs" is maybe not as easy as you would think knowing the answer. Honestly, I think the first 10 clues had a relatively similar pattern to follow, but the last 3 were all extremely difficult because of the endless directions to go.

Duck (I knew it was impossible to solve)
Read this joke Twitter thread.
KJ Appa is in Riverdale
Riverdale (Archie comics) is in the same universe as Sabrina.
I don't even see KJ Appa or Riverdale mentioned in that Twitter thread. Suffice it to say, that one had no chance of being answered correctly.

What if the rumored Billie house is just something that features her music, but isn't overtly about her? Maybe she's helping to create an original story? Just some food for thought.
When I heard of the potential for a house over a show, this was my exact thought and I like it better than a show idea. A house is a better medium for turning her imagery into an original story. A show would rely heavily on songs, while a house can rely more on imagery.
A People Under the Stairs maze in 2020 would be… something. That’s even less known than Klowns and Corpses so if it were to come that would be interesting to see reactions to.

But, PUTS was the first IP ever at the event as a house and fits with an anniversary idea. It has been used during an anniversary as well. It was used in ‘06 Sweet Sixteen.

I don’t think it’s coming, but a rumor for it coming makes sense.

Reactions: JMalez
See - here's a little bit of the disconnect between knowing the answer and giving the clue and having no idea what the answer to the clue is. There are SOOO many directions to go with this, even just Equus there's about 6 ways to go. Then getting the right actor and making the leap that because he lived in a broom closet that gets you to "People Under The Stairs" is maybe not as easy as you would think knowing the answer. Honestly, I think the first 10 clues had a relatively similar pattern to follow, but the last 3 were all extremely difficult because of the endless directions to go.

I don't even see KJ Appa or Riverdale mentioned in that Twitter thread. Suffice it to say, that one had no chance of being answered correctly.

Gonna say that’s kinda the point.

Because priming the pump gets people in the park now, and some of those people will convert over to HHN also.

Also I don't think they're counting on a 2017 - 2018 crowd for HHN this year. I think the primary (read as: realistic) goal right now is motivating the local fanbase to show up. Focus on local media and social media as we get closer to the event.

Solution - People Under the Stairs

Wait ... we potentially were/are looking at an event with a new PUTS house and a Terra Cruentis house likely featuring a tribute to Cold Blind Terror? They couldn't find a way to slip "Penn & Teller Newk'd Vegas" in somewhere for the hattrick?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I’ve been creeping around this page since 2019 spec started but I really wanted to join in on the fun since this year’s spec seems to be completely bananas, so I made an account! Hello!

And TPU is throwing some wild cards into the mix.

Whooaaaa. Forgive me if this has already been answered, and I know you already said you’re done giving clues and stuff, but could you say how much of this you’ve heard in the rumor mill too?

I’m not familiar with the site so I dunno if they have insider info and stuff.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Hey guys, I’ve been creeping around this page since 2019 spec started but I really wanted to join in on the fun since this year’s spec seems to be completely bananas, so I made an account! Hello!

Whooaaaa. Forgive me if this has already been answered, and I know you already said you’re done giving clues and stuff, but could you say how much of this you’ve heard in the rumor mill too?

I’m not familiar with the site so I dunno if they have insider info and stuff.
I believe awhile back somebody said they expect 2-3 houses to be different

From what I've heard TPU doesn't have insider info. I wouldn't trust them too much.

Huh. Interesting. So where the heck did this earthquake zombies and this pumpkin king come from? Just offhand rumors I'm assuming? (Again, sorry if it's been previously answered my internet is giving me trouble so it's hard

Personally I love the sound of Pumpkin King... So Halloween-y!

Reactions: londonwerecat
Huh. Interesting. So where the heck did this earthquake zombies and this pumpkin king come from? Just offhand rumors I'm assuming? (Again, sorry if it's been previously answered my internet is giving me trouble so it's hard

I'm not completely sure where those ideas come from. They might have insider info that I'm not aware of. Pumpkin King seems like it might be similar to the scarecrow house that has been mentioned a couple of times throughout the speculation season. I'm interested in the Earthquake house as well. Both of these houses seem to have come out of nowhere, so either they know something that we don't or they just pulled them out of the thin air. It sounds interesting anyway.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Yo what if the earthquake was caused by a volcano. And the volcano created lava zombies!!

The Pumpkin King idea kinda sounds like the Crowe concept though considering the article, I don’t wanna get hopes up.

Earthquake zombies sounds insanely generic barring the concept.

Heard from the Grapevine... That someone that helped put together the spec map got severely bashed for putting the map out.
Should we guess this is because Legacy stopped putting out clues...?

Not sure how valid the info is, but I just thought I would bring it up.

For what it's worth, I was told from a solid source that the recently made spec map is much more accurate than the TPU post...however....

From what I've heard TPU doesn't have insider info. I wouldn't trust them too much.

.....they nailed the exact headline for one of the houses, so they do have some sort of insider info.

The Pumpkin King idea kinda sounds like the Crowe concept though considering the article, I don’t wanna get hopes up.

Earthquake zombies sounds insanely generic barring the concept.

1. Not sure if it's related Crowe, but my gut is telling me it is, since it seems it's been long overdue

2. I agree. Unless it is related to creatures that have been dormant and are now awakened(which would be awesome), the dead people coming out of the ground, concept sounds boring.

Also, this is a fantastic insight as to how/why they select IP and the delicate balance they go through every year. At 10:45 Aiello talks about Nathaniel Crowe.

P.S. I could listen to Aiello story time all day.

Last edited:

You'd have to ask Josh.

Reactions: reeseyNG
Status
Not open for further replies.