The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 292 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed very logical. Movie planned to come out, deal with Monkey Paw, the success of Us on one coast, the easter egg in Stranger Things...

...HHN 30 was tough to figure out even before you-know-what. I imagine by next spring (should it come to it) we'll know more.
It’s been no more difficult (publicly) than any other year. Every year there’s some speculated house that is “definitely coming” that doesn’t come and, more often than not, never actually in the cards to come.

Candyman, Get Out, IT... the closest any of them got was a pitch (IT).

It’s been no more difficult (publicly) than any other year. Every year there’s some speculated house that is “definitely coming” that doesn’t come and, more often than not, never actually in the cards to come.

Candyman, Get Out, IT... the closest any of them got was a pitch (IT).
:thud:

Reactions: Grabnar and uso345
TAKE THIS WITH A HUGE GRAIN OF SALT: I talked with my friend who works at Universal Orlando (not connected with HHN) last night for the first time in over a month - Uni is actually apparently furloughing employees starting soon but will still be covering their health insurance, which I thought was pretty cool. Anyways, she mentioned that, amongst her friends that work there that she still talks with, there were whispers going around about Amityville possibly coming this year. I asked her how credible this is and I asked if it was the talk was of the original movie, remake, or Awakening? She said she has no idea how credible, only that it was being mentioned by her work friends, and she just heard "Amityville" with no real clarity as to what exact source material it would come from.

This is the same friend that told me months ago she was hearing H5 back in December. So this is NOT real inside info, and I wouldn't put too much stock into it. But I thought it was enough to pass along seeing as how she works there and was hearing whispers about it from a few of her co-workers.

That is all.
What a random IP. H5 would make much more sense lol

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
What a random IP. H5 would make much more sense lol
Yeah agree. That's one reason I'm skeptical. But I figured it was worth sharing nonetheless. It's not a house I'm pining for but, if done correctly with a nice facade, it could be spooky I suppose. The fact that she heard it being talked about by Uni employees (non-HHN) and that it would fit into the Tier 2/Tier 3 @Legacy was talking about makes it at least plausible from those standpoints. But, again, I'm gonna be skeptical until I hear more from others.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
Yeah agree. That's one reason I'm skeptical. But I figured it was worth sharing nonetheless. It's not a house I'm pining for but, if done correctly with a nice facade, it could be spooky I suppose. The fact that she heard it being talked about by Uni employees (non-HHN) and that it would fit into the Tier 2/Tier 3 @Legacy was talking about makes it at least plausible from those standpoints. But, again, I'm gonna be skeptical until I hear more from others.
I’m not familiar with the property at all but it seems to close to a hill house type house to be done this year

I’m not familiar with the property at all but it seems to close to a hill house type house to be done this year

We have had, in the past, similar themes be rumored for something actually happening.

Remember the brief Alien rumor last year due to Depths Of Fear? Wouldn’t be surprised if the person thinking Amityville is just that but with Hill House.

We have had, in the past, similar themes be rumored for something actually happening.

Remember the brief Alien rumor last year due to Depths Of Fear? Wouldn’t be surprised if the person thinking Amityville is just that but with Hill House.

Which happens a lot; even our reliable Inside info gets lost in translation.

Honestly, I liken Amityville a little bit more to The Shining. Not NEARLY as good imo (don't want to get too deep into movie opinions, but The Shining for me is a bellweather horror film). But there is a somewhat similar style and feeling to that movie, though a lot more of Amityville takes place outside or offsite than does The Shining. I think a prospective house would be similar in tone to The Shining at HHN27 as well.

Which happens a lot; even our reliable Inside info gets lost in translation.
This could absolutely be the case. Could be someone heard "an original LIKE Amityville" or something like that and it morphed into Amityville property. No idea - she had very little from a detail perspective...just that she heard it being discussed amongst some of her co-workers.

Honestly, I liken Amityville a little bit more to The Shining. Not NEARLY as good imo (don't want to get too deep into movie opinions, but The Shining for me is a bellweather horror film). But there is a somewhat similar style and feeling to that movie, though a lot more of Amityville takes place outside or offsite than does The Shining. I think a prospective house would be similar in tone to The Shining at HHN27 as well.

This could absolutely be the case. Could be someone heard "an original LIKE Amityville" or something like that and it morphed into Amityville property. No idea - she had very little from a detail perspective...just that she heard it being discussed amongst some of her co-workers.

Well, LT is rumored. I'm whatever they might have planned for LT, it provides an opportunity for a "gimmick" house of some sort.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect Amityville Horror coming to the event, especially with the touchy history of the case as well, I'm sure I'd rather go with a a Legendary Truth house that could be similar or something to Amityville Horror and giving the same vibes as The Wyandot Estate had back at 20, I think that would be cool house to see.

Last edited:
As somebody that has never experienced any LT anything could somebody explain what we could possibly expect from the house?

Really can’t say. They can be used for anything paranormal so it leaves it open to wide range of possibilities. The house at HHN 20 was an investigation into an actual haunted house.

Probably not anything social like they did in the past, especially because Rona. I don't think we say anything beyond maybe a tie-in with the trivia app.

I think the use of phone apps as part of the experience could actually increase as a result of this.Thinking about interactive elements in queues that require touching, phone apps would be a good way to replace that because it only requires people to touch something belonging to them.

Regardless I hope they'll still be able to try new things in the future. We need a gimmick house to subvert the formula every once in a while--it's part of my wishlist for HHN 30, whenever it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.