The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 293 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really can’t say. They can be used for anything paranormal so it leaves it open to wide range of possibilities. The house at HHN 20 was an investigation into an actual haunted house.

Hopefully nothing like the 2010 Legendary Truth maze. Aside from the great score pulls from the otherwise wretched Wicker Man remake, that maze was such a bruising disappointment. (Dead End scratched the itch a couple years later, but still.)

Legendary Truth was always such a brilliant umbrella lore idea in the vein of "S.E.A," a smart way to tie together the disparate wings of the Horror Nights canon... but as is often the case with lore-heavy "storytelling," I tended to really struggle to discern what was actually going on once we got over the initial 2008 "investigate Bloody Mary" stuff. Part of the problem is it never felt like it *amounted* to something. The 2012 (it was 2012, right?) scanning thing was a neat gimmick, but again, it never felt like you were working toward anything... and the messiness of the more aggressively social components seemed to really divide the community, to boot. There are great ideas, but the implementation has never stuck, and it might be implausible to expect it to in an event as big as HHN.

WB was doing their own thing with it, that’s why Universal didn’t get it.

Was it true that Universal paid WB to not do the event last year or the year before in order to gain access to IT and or The Conjuring? I believe I heard something like that in recent years.

• Wow
Reactions: tankart150
Not true. Where did that rumor come from? :lol:
There was speculation that since Horror Made Here was cancelled for 2019, that Universal cut a deal with them in April of 2019. I'm not sure where I read it, but it was in the speculation windmill.

There was speculation that since Horror Made Here was cancelled for 2019, that Universal cut a deal with them in April of 2019. I'm not sure where I read it, but it was in the speculation windmill.
Combine that payment with WB selling off parts of their backlot... they’re rolling in dough.

Reactions: Ringwraith
I think the use of phone apps as part of the experience could actually increase as a result of this.Thinking about interactive elements in queues that require touching, phone apps would be a good way to replace that because it only requires people to touch something belonging to them.
perhaps we’ll see the interactive sites of old make a semi-comeback?

I wouldn't guarantee us seeing any interactive sites, seeing how they've been with the sites recently, it seems like they'd really make your experience at the event more interactive especially with just the social media messenger like they did with Graveyard and the Trivia they've been doing these past years, it seems those are the only things they've been doing so far as social media of course there is also Twitter but again, nothing like the past websites used to be like.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Status
Not open for further replies.