The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 295 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh I really liked Halloween 4. The lines were never overly long and I had really consistent run throughs, especially in the asylum and attic scenes. It felt exactly like the movie in that it was a corny sequel with tons of Micheal’s everywhere.

Also I still can’t believe how badly Hollywood’s Us house blew Orlando’s out of the water - and how much I miss the Corpses house.

Removal of a bunch of portable office trailers has suddenly occurred backstage in between the TM wardrobe and Cafeteria buildings. If they were to just pave over and make it a parking lot or something, I could conceivably see an HHN tent going here. This land is behind the San Fran/NY split of USF, right near the service road where the entrances for houses in the Disaster queue were.

Removal of a bunch of portable office trailers has suddenly occurred backstage in between the TM wardrobe and Cafeteria buildings. If they were to just pave over and make it a parking lot or something, I could conceivably see an HHN tent going here. This land is behind the San Fran/NY split of USF, right near the service road where the entrances for houses in the Disaster queue were.

Hmmm...

Interesting.

Halloween 4 I thought was a decent house, I didn't expect it to be like the first two, it's one of my favorite films but it was alright, it all the scenes, I know they would hit, the cell mate scenes gave me a little of SOTL vibes just the inmates that Clarice runs into before heading towards Dr. Lector you know lol, but anyways the Michaels in that house were definitely in your face and delivered awesome performances, not once did I miss a scare in my experiences lol but I think it's best for em to end with that house. H5 isn't really needed.

Hollywood's Us I'd say definitely kicked ours ass and Corpses was of course better than Orlando's counterpart of course of the limitations of the murder ride and stuff but I expected that, I'm just glad that we had HOTC after a long overdue.

Ooh! Ooh! Can they knock down Fast & The Furious too while they're at it? :popcorn:

2018 was my first year and I really enjoyed being there for Halloween night! The park seemed pretty empty that night in 2018, but last year seemed a lot more crowded on Halloween night. Of course, I had a bad depersonalization disorder bout that night too, so that may have played into my perception being different.

I could see a Saturday going either way. A lot of people like to party on Halloween night out there rather than go to the event, but Saturdays are always packed. Hope to see you there!

I will say that the Michael actors in that house were some of the most in-my-face during the final week, they were really on their best game during my walkthroughs. The non-facade was actually really cool too, I personally liked walking in through the office with the old magazines on the table.

And I got to hear Loomis yelling his cheesy "Naooo, NAOOOO!" at Jamie so that's all I really needed from an H4 house right there.
Damn I must have missed the NAOOOOOO

I could see a Saturday going either way. A lot of people like to party on Halloween night out there rather than go to the event, but Saturdays are always packed. Hope to see you there!

As the demographic has shifted, so have the Halloween night crowds. Back in the day, when we had to walk to HHN through 5 miles of snow uphill both ways, Halloween night was relatively quiet compared to the rest of the second half of October. People would take kids trick-or-treating and seemingly every bar in town has a costume contest with a cash prize, so it cut into the market.

As HHN guests skew younger and younger each year, I'd speculate the median age has dropped much closer to below 21. No bars, no kids, nothing better to do than go back to the event. A once slower night has become very popular.

They're expanding the team member grill and adding a permanent office building in that location.

YAY! I miss having a house back in that area...There is a long stretch of nothing from DA to the soundstages

Halloween 4 I thought was a decent house, I didn't expect it to be like the first two, it's one of my favorite films but it was alright, it all the scenes, I know they would hit, the cell mate scenes gave me a little of SOTL vibes just the inmates that Clarice runs into before heading towards Dr. Lector you know lol, but anyways the Michaels in that house were definitely in your face and delivered awesome performances, not once did I miss a scare in my experiences lol but I think it's best for em to end with that house. H5 isn't really needed.

Hollywood's Us I'd say definitely kicked ours ass and Corpses was of course better than Orlando's counterpart of course of the limitations of the murder ride and stuff but I expected that, I'm just glad that we had HOTC after a long overdue.
Wait Us was better in Hollywood? How so?

Weird theme for a house, but whatever

I just want to take the time to point out this is why we encourage you guys to read the entire thread up to date before replying. There are several reasons why it's important, but most importantly, it saves the thread from being derailed and helps reduce the chances of double posting. If you see something you want to reply to, just use the "Quote feature to bookmark the response and it will save it for later. When you're ready to reply, you can hit the "Insert Quote" to respond when you've finally caught up.

I just want to take the time to point out this is why we encourage you guys to read the entire thread up to date before replying. There are several reasons why it's important, but most importantly, it saves the thread from being derailed and helps reduce the chances of double posting. If you see something you want to reply to, just use the "Quote feature to bookmark the response and it will save it for later. When you're ready to reply, you can hit the "Insert Quote" to respond when you've finally caught up.

I will personally recommend using the search feature as well. If you’re wondering if, just a random example, if The Invisible Man has been talked about, just search it in the bar and it will show you where and when it got mentioned.

Rumor has been for a while that they’re building a new TM grill, since the main one has been in use since 1991 and is starting to get too small. (Sorry for double post just stating I’ve heard the rumor as well)

Reactions: Nick
Rumor has been for a while that they’re building a new TM grill, since the main one has been in use since 1991 and is starting to get too small. (Sorry for double post just stating I’ve heard the rumor as well)

Wow, the Bistro's getting an update? That's exciting for TMs. Loved hanging out back there before my HHN call time and getting to know fellow scare actors.

Has anyone watched The Furies (2019)? Man is it an absolute gore-fest. I think it would make a fantastic "outdoor" maze type of HHN house that takes place in the woods. The Beasts that stalk have really brutal masks and frightening weapons. For anyone that's seen the film, I'd be curious if you think it would make a good HHN maze.

EDIT: Just looked up - the production company is Odin's Eye Entertainment, which apparently has some partnership with Universal in Australia. So there is some connection there.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaceBagman
Has anyone watched The Furies (2019)? Man is it an absolute gore-fest. I think it would make a fantastic "outdoor" maze type of HHN house that takes place in the woods. The Beasts that stalk have really brutal masks and frightening weapons. For anyone that's seen the film, I'd be curious if you think it would make a good HHN maze.

EDIT: Just looked up - the production company is Odin's Eye Entertainment, which apparently has some partnership with Universal in Australia. So there is some connection there.
sounds interesting, but calling it a universal film would be the same as calling parasite a universal film. too flimsy a connection with too niche of a film.

Reactions: hhn28andbeyond
sounds interesting, but calling it a universal film would be the same as calling parasite a universal film. too flimsy a connection with too niche of a film.
Oh, I'm certainly not calling it a Universal film. I'm just saying that there is already some established connection between the production company (Odin's Eye) and Universal. More trying to say it's a possibility that there wouldn't be as many hang-ups acquiring the rights as there would be with a Disney owned film. Regardless, if you like extreme gore and great intensity in your horror films, you should give it a watch.

Fun enough movie, would probably be easier to translate the spirit of the film (multiple slashers trying to attack you while one protects you) rather than the film's actual plot. Would be a lot more fun to see Universal create their own batch of slasher villains than copy/pasting the ones from the movie (one or two were stand outs but the rest were largely forgettable, IMO). They could even lean into more supernatural slashers that way, which I dig more than the plain 'big, burly muscle in a burlap sack'.

Status
Not open for further replies.