The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 296 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there probably won't be any news anytime soon. I think Crypt Tv from youtube would be an interesting house or even scarezone. While it's currently not the most well known IP. I think it has great content and if done right be amazing. Just wondering what people think. (FYI they did have meet up/scarezone for one night at Knotts scary farm.)

Since there probably won't be any news anytime soon. I think Crypt Tv from youtube would be an interesting house or even scarezone. While it's currently not the most well known IP. I think it has great content and if done right be amazing. Just wondering what people think. (FYI they did have meet up/scarezone for one night at Knotts scary farm.)
There are absolutely amazing options from them, tons of creatures. I think I'd rather see it as a house, personally.

Reactions: HHNFAN123
I feel like HHN Hollywood would do it first and if Crypt Tv gets really popular orlando will do it.
Hopefully! I honestly just love creature type houses. Maybe that's why I really enjoyed Depths, but I'm a huge fan of houses where the thing you're facing is a creature- something not human.
Crypt TV does have plenty to work with, it'd just require them to feel confident enough to pull form something so unique. It's even more different than working with Netflix as they're working with someone from YouTube.
It'd be interesting to see how the legal things would work.

Hopefully! I honestly just love creature type houses. Maybe that's why I really enjoyed Depths, but I'm a huge fan of houses where the thing you're facing is a creature- something not human.
Crypt TV does have plenty to work with, it'd just require them to feel confident enough to pull form something so unique. It's even more different than working with Netflix as they're working with someone from YouTube.
It'd be interesting to see how the legal things would work.
I honestly think that HHN would have no problem getting Crypt TV if they wanted to. While they have a strong fan base IMO they still aren't well known yet in the horror community, probably even less in the general public. I think Crypt TV would love to have their product at HHN it would be a huge advertising chance.

I’d rank only 5 of those houses lower than H4, but no doubt most of them are lower tier. Personally think you’re crazy putting 1000 Corpses that low - had one of the best first runs through any HHN house there last year - as well as Us. Also, thank you for not including Blumhouse 27 on that list, means a lot.:grin:
I know I wrote about Blum 27 back in 2017, but I'll say it again... I really enjoyed the house. It has to rank near the top of most surprsing houses for me.

Something I can see happening this year if HHN happens: They cut back the schedule and maybe don't start until mid to late September. No Wednesdays. Sort of an HoS schedule - Thurs-Sun from Mid-Sep to the end of October. Possible reservation system in place.

Why would they do that? Well, i'm expecting demand to be lower this year and they actually may need to cap attendance lower than usual still. Also, if they are to even think about doing an event this year a few things need to happen - one of them being that the park needs to reopen. This is important for more than just the symbolic nature of reopening. Obviously you want to reopen and see how things go and how feasible it even seems to hold an event under the distancing rules, but also, CASTING.

Casting very likely won't get under way at all until the park reopens and almost everyone they normally cast are furloughed right now anyway. To put it into perspective, Casting had already finished it's first weekend by this time last year. They're already behind the 8-ball and the process is likely to be slower this year due to the fact that they'll have to adhere to distancing guidelines during the casting process. Normally 20 people at a time would go into a fairly small room together to audition. They'll likely have to cut that number in half at the very least, which just means it's a more tedious process.

Again, that's just all assuming the event happens. There's definitely a lot of hurdles they'll have to cross to make it happen and a lot of modification.

As someone who really wants the event to happen, my fear has always been that casting is going to be the problem.

Zero experience on the working side of the event, but it seems that while you could throw resources at houses/construction to get them done on short timelines, you can't just staff up the necessary volume in an instant.

As someone who really wants the event to happen, my fear has always been that casting is going to be the problem.

Zero experience on the working side of the event, but it seems that while you could throw resources at houses/construction to get them done on short timelines, you can't just staff up the necessary volume in an instant.
They could pull it off in 45-60 days, assuming the pool is there. It would be tough, but it’s feasible.

How about a speculation game? What would you like to see in a possible *wink* *wink* Beetlejuice house and how would you like to see it executed? *wink* *wink*

How about a speculation game? What would you like to see in a possible *wink* *wink* Beetlejuice house and how would you like to see it executed? *wink* *wink*

Waiting Room done like the Pig Room in SAW & Circus Beetlejuice animatronic easily.

Although I’m most excited for the “possible” Hill House maze

Since they seem to have a good partnership with Netflix, one house I'd love to see is Slasher.

Slasher seasons 2 & 3 really impressed me. And while the kills are brutal and would make for great scenery, there's an element of character conflict & relationship dynamics in that program that isn't something anyone could easily convey to a GP parkgoer in a house walkthrough. Like Saw, but even trickier to make work because it's not nearly the same kind of universally recognized property.

The Druid and The Evil Parka of Doom would be pretty easy costumes to replicate in numbers though.

Michael Keaton.

Realistically? The best sandworms possible and scareactors dressed as the Maitlands wearing accurate masks of their "spooky" faces.

Edit: How could I forget?! A singalong dinner scene complete with shrimp hands, of course!

Last edited:
Reactions: rageofthegods
SketchUp?
I didn’t do SketchUp builds. It takes time and I have to ask a friend to export to video for me (I own a Chromebook, so can only use the web-based version).

There are layouts though.

I didn’t do SketchUp builds. It takes time and I have to ask a friend to export to video for me (I own a Chromebook, so can only use the web-based version).

There are layouts though.

Thank you for the link. This will help me reference any layouts for houses I have as well.

Reactions: Legacy
Status
Not open for further replies.