The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 335 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's have a little fun here.

Would you consider an MCU Bride house to be an IP? I would say it's original since there's no recent film and Universal really has the rights to portray the imagery as they see fit.

Would you consider Billie to be an IP if she gets a house? Depending on the contract, I wouldn't. I feel like she'd give the ok, but I could see Universal taking her lyrics and doing what they want with the imagery. This actually makes me slightly excited about what could come from this house.

If you swing these to houses to the original side, that gives us 7/3
That’s actually extremely exciting and didn’t see that coming at all! It will be interesting to see in the future if we stick with a lower number of IPs because I’m all for more originals or in the case of monsters and possibly Billie building original houses out of pre existing properties!

So it seems for IP houses:

- Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Haunting of Hill House
- The Bride: Music by Billie Eilish
- Beetlejuice
- ?(Maybe Billie? She’s shifted like 80 times already)

and Original Houses:
- Twisted Tradition x Pumpkin King x LT
- Terra Cruentes
- Bedtime Stories
- Anniversary House
- ?
Texas still seems really odd to me but I mean it’s a slasher so I won’t complain. For the mystery original I’m extremely curious if it will be a new OG or a sequel to a pre existing one

Reactions: Lucky Planet
if they are going to have to cut actors by 50% or something, or however much they cut,
i think scarezones will probably be most affected, just like whenever they added extra days before and they were short on actors,
my guess is that the zones will probably have puppets or nothing but stages like everyone already said, but im guessing that each zone will only have a couple of actors per zone.
if they only do stages and if they wont have actors on the street, they dont need many actors,

i dont know how many actors the houses will have, but i think the zones will be very empty. they have to be.
unless they make 10 mini stages per zone or a big giant stage like vanity ball. who knows.

i also cant imagine how the central park zone would evet work. even with stages.

For TCM, after doing the remake in 2007 to the Original 1973 in 2016, I think they would do the sequel, I mean look at the Halloween franchise, they did Halloween, Halloween 2 and skipped three since it's always referenced in some form of way in the houses and went for 4. I could see them doing it with TCM, they did the remake, then original and it would be cool to see them give it the sequel house with Choptop and the Cook, I'd like to see which scenes we would get from the film if they do it. At least we wouldn't be getting a Choptop mask actor and hopefully actors that have the look of him.

For TCM, after doing the remake in 2007 to the Original 1973 in 2016, I think they would do the sequel, I mean look at the Halloween franchise, they did Halloween, Halloween 2 and skipped three since it's always referenced in some form of way in the houses and went for 4. I could see them doing it with TCM, they did the remake, then original and it would be cool to see them give it the sequel house with Choptop and the Cook, I'd like to see which scenes we would get from the film if they do it. At least we wouldn't be getting a Choptop mask actor and hopefully actors that have the look of him.
For all we know, It could be TCM 3D.

- Haunting of Hill House
- Beetlejuice

and Original Houses:
- Terra Cruentes
- Bedtime Stories
- Anniversary House
- ?
From what I've heard so far, Terra Cruentes will not be getting her own house. However, she will be represented.

i hope to dear god that this year they allow media to record the inside of the houses like they did before
and i hope to god people record very good videos
missing hhn wont be as bad if we can watch the houses.
it is looking like a lot of us wont probably go this year
but i hope i can see the houses on youtube

- Haunting of Hill House
- Beetlejuice

and Original Houses:
- Terra Cruentes
- Bedtime Stories
- Anniversary House
- ?
Hopefully there won’t be too much Billie ellish at the event. It’s fine if she does her music for the brides house but if Billie has her own house that would be a waste. They have way better music properties they could use but there is on in particular that would fit perfectly which is iron maiden they have so much they can use it would be a no brainer. I really hope iron maiden will make an appearance at the event.

Hopefully there won’t be too much Billie ellish at the event. It’s fine if she does her music for the brides house but if Billie has her own house that would be a waste. They have way better music properties they could use but there is on in particular that would fit perfectly which is iron maiden they have so much they can use it would be a no brainer. I really hope iron maiden will make an appearance at the event.

iron maiden and slipknot are tailor made for horror nights
not because i like their music specifically, but visually you can make a very extremely powerful and scary house with both of them.
SLipknot has so many crazy videos that there is enough material to fill 10 houses
same with iron maiden. their album covers alone would work as rooms for a house.

i know someone might say "i hate slipknot/ slipknot is terrible"
but you cant deny how much they would fit horror nights

Reactions: Sanjay
I'm really curious to see how different the event is this year. I'm just glad that it's still happening and I'm definitely going to go. Hopefully they have a solid plan in place to handle the crowds.

if they remove frequent fear pass i am fully out.
im not being spoiled or anything, not being a spoiled brat, but i can only visit hhn a couple of hours per day and i use the free parking after 10, so a one day ticket would be difficult for me.
i could always get express for one day but it would be weird seeing houses just once. and i would have to ask for a ride.

i know people hate frequent fear passholders (i always see the hate on fb etc) but i was there only a few hours per day. i was never there the entire 7 hours of hhn per day.
i needed the frequent fear due to the short time i spend per day.

with the new set up. im not sure it would work for me.
but i undetstand this year they probably have to remove frequent fear or limit it greatly

my best hope is that covid slows down and horror nights can turn back to semi normal.

For all we know, It could be TCM 3D.
Yikes, even though that movie was sorta interesting with an old man Leatherface but the acting was bad, I mean if they do some sorta timeline house with TCM from the first film to TCM 3D, I mean that would interesting, not saying that's what they could be bringing this year but its a good idea if they want do it for the future, but I mean I could just see them just pulling TCM 2, since Tobe Hooper only made the first two films, I think it would be a good homage to him if they did the second film as a house even though it's very 80s and cheesy, its still got a lot of good material they could work with from the film just hope they don't use masks like Hollywood did with Titans, the Choptop mask looked really bad but hopefully we find out which one they do.

And this year is definitely falling in the middle of what ifs and what it could be, it's exciting but it's also questioning I guess for me lol. This is looks to be a semi-anniversary year with limitations.

if they are going to have to cut actors by 50% or something, or however much they cut,
i think scarezones will probably be most affected, just like whenever they added extra days before and they were short on actors,
my guess is that the zones will probably have puppets or nothing but stages like everyone already said, but im guessing that each zone will only have a couple of actors per zone.
if they only do stages and if they wont have actors on the street, they dont need many actors,

i dont know how many actors the houses will have, but i think the zones will be very empty. they have to be.
unless they make 10 mini stages per zone or a big giant stage like vanity ball. who knows.

i also cant imagine how the central park zone would evet work. even with stages.
I don’t see full size stages in Central Park, but they did have small set pieces.. I’m thinking back to trick or treat and they had the porch vomit scene and stuff like that so they could try something smaller.. but definitely wouldn’t be able to do too many in the small space. They also have the huge open area in front of Mel’s where they had the church a few years ago. Maybe they could utilize that space more since it’s more wide open.

I don’t see full size stages in Central Park, but they did have small set pieces.. I’m thinking back to trick or treat and they had the porch vomit scene and stuff like that so they could try something smaller.. but definitely wouldn’t be able to do too many in the small space. They also have the huge open area in front of Mel’s where they had the church a few years ago. Maybe they could utilize that space more since it’s more wide open.

i just realized a problem with stages,
stages always create crowds...

sure they could have team members telling people to move along, but even with smaller crowds allowed into the park, if you put a stage with actors you get people wanting to take picrures and you get people wanting to watch the actors.
having any stages with performers could create a problem
obviously im just speculating here, maybe universal has a way to fix this.

but your post made me wonder, how will scarezones even work if you cant have crowds and you need crowds to constantly move?
if uni really really wanted to play it safe, they would even have to cancel scarezones. put decorations but no actors.

i already had predicted that houses were gonna have special affects and pupets or something, which seems to be kinda true, i wouldnt be surprised if they had to cancel most scarezones and just have decorations.

i just realized a problem with stages,
stages always create crowds...

sure they could have team members telling people to move along, but even with smaller crowds allowed into the park, if you put a stage with actors you get people wanting to take picrures and you get people wanting to watch the actors.
having any stages with performers could create a problem
obviously im just speculating here, maybe universal has a way to fix this.

but your post made me wonder, how will scarezones even work if you cant have crowds and you need crowds to constantly move?
if uni really really wanted to play it safe, they would even have to cancel scarezones. put decorations but no actors.

i already had predicted that houses were gonna have special affects and pupets or something, which seems to be kinda true, i wouldnt be surprised if they had to cancel most scarezones and just have decorations.

I mean they could go the 22 route and having roaming hordes through out the park, of course that will have to play with the social distancing card. As for a stage show, I'm sure they will have to spread people into groups or something and have a barricade in certain places if they have to. Photo Ops definitely looks to be off the table this year unless they find a way to make it safe.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I mean they could go the 22 route and having roaming hordes through out the park, of course that will have to play with the social distancing card. As for a stage show, I'm sure they will have to spread people into groups or something and have a barricade in certain places if they have to. Photo Ops definitely looks to be off the table this year unless they find a way to make it safe.

imagine if the roaming horde was used to move groups of guests from house to house lolol.
"follow the scary horde to the next house please!"

Reactions: londonwerecat
Status
Not open for further replies.