The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 469 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so curious as to what this house has in store! All the other houses we have a basic idea of what it will be like but this one has so much unknown. Will it be a IP house based off her music videos? A original house she helped designed? Will it feature her previously released music or a new score only for the house? I truly feel this could be a really special house!
It will be interesting to see what they do with this house. I’m excited to see the reaction when it gets officially announced.

Reactions: DudleyRaa
Is Academy of Villains doing a show this year? Is it going to be some sort of weird Hybrid AoV take on the Bill and Ted show for the 30th? Two shows? No Shows?

For Universal Monsters, I like the idea, Dracula vs Frankenstein, something that’s never happened, I dig also the fact that The Bride faces off against the Brides, should be interesting. I rather have that they have to constantly copy and paste houses back and forth with Hollywood, I think it's better and unique for both events to do their own versions, it's really cool, I know people would want Slashs' music involved but honestly, I like the gothic score they use a little more for last year's house a little more because it's more in tune to the type you would hear in the films themselves. I cannot wait to see what they bring to this one.

AOV/B&T isn’t needed, let AOV stick to having their own show, they work hard to have it. I love B&T but they ended it on a good note. It’s too early to bring them back, bring em back for 35, that should be necessary, I know people are getting high hopes for a reunion because of the new film but I mean the idea just seems to early, just save it for 35th so enough time has passed.

Last edited:
I’m so curious as to what this house has in store! All the other houses we have a basic idea of what it will be like but this one has so much unknown. Will it be a IP house based off her music videos? A original house she helped designed? Will it feature her previously released music or a new score only for the house? I truly feel this could be a really special house!
I’m speculating it’s gonna be a be a bit of a mixture of IP/Original much like we consider the UCM houses. Some direct imagery from her music videos, original ideas from her/the designers, etc. I can’t lie it’s definitely becoming one of my most anticipated.

I’m speculating it’s gonna be a be a bit of a mixture of IP/Original much like we consider the UCM houses. Some direct imagery from her music videos, original ideas from her/the designers, etc. I can’t lie it’s definitely becoming one of my most anticipated.
That’s what I’m expecting I just hope this house is truly creepy and almost more psychological then most of the other houses this year

If it’s a beetlejuice show I hope it’s a throwback to graveyard revue!!!!

“Ever made it with a dead guy?”
Pause
“You sure?”

Funnier every time I saw him do it.

And regarding AOV, I thought that show last year was just amazing, and we saw it twice in 2 nights.

Real shame if they got bumped due to COVID after nailing it last year.

AOV/B&T isn’t needed, let AOV stick to having their own show, they work hard to have it. I love B&T but they ended it on a good note. It’s too early to bring them back, bring em back for 35, that should be necessary, I know people are getting high hopes for a reunion because of the new film but I mean the idea just seems to early, just save it for 35th so enough time has passed.

I think B&T will return eventually but not this year. A theme park show doesn't help push a wide release film - quite the opposite... park attractions are based on hit movies. My theory is that by the time Epic Universe opens, perhaps HHN will see some changes (not necessarily a park change, mind you.)
Renovations at UO may provide a new venue for B&T (or more haunts) as the FF show is already outdated. Maybe 35 or 40 could be pinnacle years for a B&T return. 2 years hiatus just isn't long enough. They need a longer break for it to make a better impact. Big companies like Universal plan things for the long term. I think when they decided to cut B&T they were already looking far beyond HHN 30 and how it would impact future goals.

Reactions: londonwerecat
“Ever made it with a dead guy?”
Pause
“You sure?”

Funnier every time I saw him do it.

And regarding AOV, I thought that show last year was just amazing, and we saw it twice in 2 nights.

Real shame if they got bumped due to COVID after nailing it last year.
AOV was absolutely incredible last year! I tried to watch it each time I was there and the final show of the year was absolutely incredible!! they will for sure be missed this year. Hopefully next year we could see them return

Reactions: rinacee and amar831
I think B&T will return eventually but not this year. A theme park show doesn't help push a wide release film - quite the opposite... park attractions are based on hit movies. My theory is that by the time Epic Universe opens, perhaps HHN will see some changes (not necessarily a park change, mind you.)
Renovations at UO may provide a new venue for B&T (or more haunts) as the FF show is already outdated. Maybe 35 or 40 could be pinnacle years for a B&T return. 2 years hiatus just isn't long enough. They need a longer break for it to make a better impact. Big companies like Universal plan things for the long term. I think when they decided to cut B&T they were already looking far beyond HHN 30 and how it would impact future goals.
When they cut Bill and Ted, they were planning on Fear Fear Factor getting demoed for Ministry of Magic. There was no plan for them to ever return.

And HHN rarely plans more than two years out. There are too many zeitgeist reliant variables.

People are complaining about Disney because they are simply Disney. However it does make it seem like now is a awful time to announce anything or maybe now is the perfect time so everybody is still bashing on Disney :lol:
If Universal announces HHN before cases start declining in Florida they are committing PR malpractice. But if they wait, it may be almost September.

Rock and a hard place.

If Universal announces HHN before cases start declining in Florida they are committing PR malpractice. But if they wait, it may be almost September.

Rock and a hard place.
The question is, can they afford a "locals only" HHN? Because the way things are going, I know some people will fly in, but I have doubts that it will be a high %. I think a lot of people that would come would drive, but that really limits your audience. And if a lot of the people coming to the event are FFP holders, that's not good for business.

As for announcing, it's tricky. If the event is to happen, on one hand, i'd say you bury the announcement on a friday. But the point of the announcement is to get people excited and to want to come. If they try to limit the press, that's limiting their audience.

The question is, can they afford a "locals only" HHN? Because the way things are going, I know some people will fly in, but I have doubts that it will be a high %. I think a lot of people that would come would drive, but that really limits your audience. And if a lot of the people coming to the event are FFP holders, that's not good for business.

As for announcing, it's tricky. If the event is to happen, on one hand, i'd say you bury the announcement on a friday. But the point of the announcement is to get people excited and to want to come. If they try to limit the press, that's limiting their audience.
Yup. If you’re trying to bury the announcement of the event that’s supposed to save your yearly financial numbers, you’ve made some key miscalculations along the way.

I feel like most outta staters wont come this year solely for how will it-will it not everything is this year! I was the exact same way insanely cautious until I happened to find insanely cheap flights to the point if it doesn’t happen I’m basically losing nothing so I went ahead and risked it but I’m having a hard time convincing any of my friends out of state to consider going this year. I’m also wondering if hhn could possibly be like all the other theme park trends we’ve seen lately. First week open is insane everybody is there wanting to be “first” and the second week place is way less busy and more enjoyable now that the “first” crowd is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.