The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 471 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. The text below it says

"Seeking candidates slender to athletic build in the following height ranges:

5' and under
5'1 - 5'3"
5'7" - 5'9"
5'10"-6'
and 6'1" and over

Submission Deadline: Monday, July 20, 2020"

It’s so weird to think rehearsals will start for an event that hasn’t been officially confirmed in a month. Obviously confirmation is coming soon, but holy heck I swear it’s like the Twilight Zone. I don’t even think it will feel real when I arrive at the gates.

It’s so weird to think rehearsals will start for an event that hasn’t been officially confirmed in a month. Obviously confirmation is coming soon, but holy heck I swear it’s like the Twilight Zone. I don’t even think it will feel real when I arrive at the gates.
It’s truly gonna be hard to believe it’s happening until I am under the arch looking at the posters for all of the IPs

I too live in Texas and if the event happens I will likely attend. I only have my flights so far, but this time I might just stay in a hotel. I live by myself and working remotely for the rest of 2020 (hopefully it carries over to 2021) so keeping myself in quarantine for 14 days should be easy.
Also from Texas, and I’m the crazy one that drives 18 hours every year. I’ll be there the entire last week of HHN:)

Reactions: Scarematt32
Very weird world that we're living in right now.

But as long as the event ends up being great and safe.. all that matters!

I’m honestly really down with the idea of all the scarezones being pure atmosphere with little actors. I think just having pretty heavily themed streets with a little more depth to make up for the lack of actors could be pretty great. Let’s hope that they do that as opposed to just having 0 streets.

EDIT- I feel like someone is gonna say it, so, I know there being little scare actors doesn’t mean the sets will be more in-depth for the zones, it’s just a wish.

I’m honestly really down with the idea of all the scarezones being pure atmosphere with little actors. I think just having pretty heavily themed streets with a little more depth to make up for the lack of actors could be pretty great. Let’s hope that they do that as opposed to just having 0 streets.

EDIT- I feel like someone is gonna say it, so, I know there being little scare actors doesn’t mean the sets will be more in-depth for the zones, it’s just a wish.
True, but it would be nice to at least have the pumpkins back. Nothing more Halloween than those.

I’d “kill” to see Icon stage shows similar to the ones at 25
The problem with mini stage shows though is that they are inviting crowds to swarm around. I think back to the Chucky scare one at 28, and how many people hovered around to watch him do some crowd work.

If they are on stages, I’d imagine it looking more like the dancers from Hellbilly Deluxe where they just keep going nonstop their whole 30-45 min “shift”. If there’s nothing big to wait around for, guests will just take it in as they’re walking to the next house, which presumably is the goal this year.

The problem with mini stage shows though is that they are inviting crowds to swarm around. I think back to the Chucky scare one at 28, and how many people hovered around to watch him do some crowd work.

If they are on stages, I’d imagine it looking more like the dancers from Hellbilly Deluxe where they just keep going nonstop their whole 30-45 min “shift”. If there’s nothing big to wait around for, guests will just take it in as they’re walking to the next house, which presumably is the goal this year.
Perhaps there will be booholes in zones? What little actors there are just pop out from an elevated place super quickly then head back into their area, idk just thinking out loud.

Or instead of having each icon take turns doing a little show on their own stages like they did at 25, just have them all do their shows simultaneously across their own stages. That way, no one stage gets bombarded with people.

During HHN 25 it seemed like most people just kind of watched as they went by or stood all over the street. I don't really remember more than 3 or 4 groups at a time actually going up to the stages, at least when I was there. Seems like "Stand Here" stickers could fix that.

Perhaps there will be booholes in zones? What little actors there are just pop out from an elevated place super quickly then head back into their area, idk just thinking out loud.
This ^
Booholes in zones could work I believe. Have a few side or small middle set pieces in walkways that actors actors can jump out of. They do this at HOS Tampa and dang, it gets me really good sometimes surprisingly. More themed or atmospheric zones could also be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.