The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not surprised jack is probably back im just curious as of how big of a deal it will be? Will he get a house or zone? My first year attending was 28 and I’ve always wanted to see jack since hhn 17 but I’m really scared this might just be a repeat of 25.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
As someone whose first HHN was 26.. I'd love to finally see Jack.

But I imagine the vets are less enthused.

Jack's return feels inevitable so it's hard to be disappointed. No question he's the best, most memorable icon Universal has created as well, which softens the blow. The few years between his appearances lately also helps.

Jack's return feels inevitable so it's hard to be disappointed. No question he's the best, most memorable icon Universal has created as well, which softens the blow. The few years between his appearances lately also helps.

Yeah, I fully expect Jack to be at the event in some capacity. Strongly disagree about "best," but obviously the most memorable. Clowns sell in horror, pure and simple.

Well, he’s the most used and most similar to zeitgeist characters like Pennywise, the Joker, and Freddy Krueger. “Best” is debatable.

I'd love to finally see some form of Jack show. Not sure how that could possibly happen though, unless AOV doesn't return (which I can't imagine).

As someone whose first HHN was 26.. I'd love to finally see Jack.

But I imagine the vets are less enthused.
Chance was my first icon. Sure ,I would like to see another icon. Fans get really excited about Jack. I'd like to see him, too. I wonder if they would ever use the Crypt Keeper again?
I think it would be cool to use Pinhead and the cenobites as the icon. HHN Raising Hell for XXX years.

Chance was my first icon. Sure ,I would like to see another icon. Fans get really excited about Jack. I'd like to see him, too. I wonder if they would ever use the Crypt Keeper again?
I think it would be cool to use Pinhead and the cenobites as the icon. HHN Raising Hell for XXX years.
While I think it would be cool I don’t see them paying to have a icon when recently they havnt even been using any.

Reactions: Kadath

I really am not surprised either there is talk of Jack coming back. You said he is the best and most memorable, which you have that right to your opinion. I feel there is no right or wrong when it comes to these types of things. However, for me when I think of Jack the term best does not necessarily come to mind rather "extremely strong". In my opinion, he is very aggressive, vicious and in peoples face which is perfect for HHN and makes him very memorable. I feel he is a great psychotic clown icon for the event. I am curious though if he does come back is he going to be focused on in a scarezone, house, show or he is going to be featured in a much bigger capacity. It will be fun to see what Universal decides to do with him if they truly are bringing him back. Either way, I personally would not mind seeing him at this year's event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko
So. Chris on the Hollywood side is saying a major groaner of a property is being shared.

Thoughts on what it could be? My completely uneducated guess is Black Christmas.

To add onto this he said a “big and exciting” property seems to be locked too. Conjuring(or any WB property) seems to be slightly more realistic now than just speculation

Also, Chris said the groaner isn’t Purge or H5. Makes me think we might have 4 IPs if 1 is gonna be not marketable.

To add onto this he said a “big and exciting” property seems to be locked too. Conjuring(or any WB property) seems to be slightly more realistic now than just speculation

Also, Chris said the groaner isn’t Purge or H5. Makes me think we might have 4 IPs if 1 is gonna be not marketable.
If I’m not wrong wasn’t there mention last year that Murdy made blumhouse mad? I don’t see black Christmas being a house because it bombed at the box office and pretty much everybody hated it. Halloween 5 while personally I think a lot of people love seeing Mikey for me I would absolutely be a groaner. I know a lot of people are upset there’s a new saw movie coming out so maybe that could be the groaner?

So. Chris on the Hollywood side is saying a major groaner of a property is being shared.

Thoughts on what it could be? My completely uneducated guess is Black Christmas.

So. That must have taken a lot of energy out of you to write that very long post to me but then just to delete it and make the new edit above. I saw what you originally said to me and was going to respond but guess you did not want it to stay up for me to see. But okay.;)

If I’m not wrong wasn’t there mention last year that Murdy made blumhouse mad? I don’t see black Christmas being a house because it bombed at the box office and pretty much everybody hated it. Halloween 5 while personally I think a lot of people love seeing Mikey for me I would absolutely be a groaner. I know a lot of people are upset there’s a new saw movie coming out so maybe that could be the groaner?
While black Christmas did not do good at all as a movie I think it could make a good house.

While black Christmas did not do good at all as a movie I think it could make a good house.

I agree. I think if a house is done for Black Christmas it would be similar to the Krampus house back in HHN26 because the Christmas aspect of it. I could see the facade of the house being adorned in Christmas lights. I think it would look cool.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Status
Not open for further replies.