The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 290 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that the parks may really open in June, is a June announcement potentially on the table?
Please just relax with the Covid stuff.... it seems you are always the one to bring it up.

Instead, I propose we talk about other things than announcements or openings or anything like that.
Such as this idea I thought of:
We've seen Stranger Things be used as a house, so what about Hulu originals? Is there a chance that Hulu originals could also be used?

Reactions: tankart150
Considering Disney has full control of Hulu, any originals pretty much have the same chance of being used as a 20th Century Fox property. Unfortunately, not happening.
Wait really? I had no idea that Disney had full control over Hulu
I recently watched the Pilgrim, which is a spinoff of a tv show. Seeing as that was spectacular, I thought that there could be other source material. While Pilgrim wouldn't make a good house, I thought maybe something else could. As well, it was co-created by Blumhouse.
I guess not.

In terms of Universal-owned horror properties (just going by Letterboxd's records, which may not even be entirely accurate as some properties may have changed hands along the way to 2020), there isn't a ton of IP ground remaining to tap without getting very, VERY creative:

Like, I'd love to see The Sentinel get more recognition. But it's a D-List film to even the majority of horror fans and barely on any GP radar of any generation. And there' are quite a few creative liberties that would have to be taken. These would all definitely be only reserved for the random "obscure" IP of any given year.

The Legacy and Ghost Story don't have much to offer for a house. Videodrome is a personal favorite, but I can't see it ever translating to a house for a multitude of reasons, haha. Things like Prince of Darkness and Serpent & the Rainbow kind of fall in the same boat there. The Relic would just be a monster puppet doing the scares so I'd pass on that; perhaps an original inspired by it would work better. Drag Me to Hell or Mama could be visited, but not sure if there's enough there for a full house. The Turning and Black Christmas flopped but could still get houses any year, if only as a cheap last-minute reserve.

I know Season of the Witch was skipped over from 2 to 4 (for good reason, Myers sells). But I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that ridiculous robot druid cult would make for a wicked fun house. I'd be interested where Phantasm lies right now, as Universal had a hand in the 2nd installment. That feels like one of the most notable horror franchises that hasn't been tapped at all yet. Dr. Giggles is never happening but good lord it should! The Frighteners is probably never happening but REALLY should. I could totally see Demon Knight adapted into a house just to revisit TftC (much more likely than Bordello of Blood). Virus would work perfect as a house with plenty of gore, costuming, & puppetry and should definitely be visited at some point. The rights of Snyder's DotD must be wonky, because I'm shocked that was never adapted into a house (probably conflicts with the original material's copyright, not to mention Walking Dead getting the spotlight in the modern era of HHN). The Strangers are definitely due for a revisit, even if Prey at Night tanked.

I had no idea that Disney had full control over Hulu

They don’t. I believe the ownership right now works out to about 2/3 Disney and 1/3 Comcast. There may be other smaller partners mixed in as well. Disney owns more because Fox used to control 1/3 as well, until Disney bought them out.

The show you’re referencing is Bloomhouse’s “Into the Dark. It’s a monthly anthology show which featured a creature perfect for HHN...Pooka!!!

1588201595431.jpeg

They don’t. I believe the ownership right now works out to about 2/3 Disney and 1/3 Comcast. There may be other smaller partners mixed in as well. Disney owns more because Fox used to control 1/3 as well, until Disney bought them out.

The show you’re referencing is Bloomhouse’s “Into the Dark. It’s a monthly anthology show which featured a creature perfect for HHN...Pooka!!!

View attachment 12080
Yes! Thank you! Into The Dark look so good...
and i cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not about Pooka, but I'm just saying that if they do an Into the dark mashup house, I wouldn't mind a room of killer Pilgrims.

Please just relax with the Covid stuff.... it seems you are always the one to bring it up.

Instead, I propose we talk about other things than announcements or openings or anything like that.
Such as this idea I thought of:
We've seen Stranger Things be used as a house, so what about Hulu originals? Is there a chance that Hulu originals could also be used?

I propose we talk about things other than what people should and should not talk about based on our own whims.

#thankinternetpolice

They do, as of May 14, 2019.

"In March 2019, Disney acquired 21st Century Fox, giving it a 60% majority stake in Hulu. AT&T (which acquired Time Warner in 2018) sold back its roughly 10% stake the following month. Comcast, the only other shareholder, announced on May 14, 2019, that it had agreed to cede its control to Disney, and reached an agreement for Disney to purchase its 33% stake in the company as early as 2024."

If Comcast still had control, they probably wouldn't have rolled out Peacock.

Disney to purchase its 33% stake in the company as early as 2024.

Not trying to derail the HHN talk with corporate semantics, but..."as early as 2024". It's only 2020 now. Disney won't have a full lockdown of Hulu and it's content until we talk about HHN34, at the very least.

I've seen speculation of a possible Invisible Man house - how do you think this could be accomplished? Would we just see the dude popping out in his science suit?

A reflective body suit, if possible, would be pretty cool to pull off the "invisible" effect.

^At first glance, I read that as "Grease up the leather man costume(s)..." and had several questions...

If Comcast still had control, they probably wouldn't have rolled out Peacock.

Brave New World house confirmed?! Everyone take your soma & watch out for Mustapha popping out from the boo holes!

Sidenote on the topic of shows on streaming platforms: Anyone else just waiting for Quibi to fail miserably asap with a longshot hope that 50 States of Fright gets picked up by Shudder or another service that would allow it a chance to come to HHN?

Status
Not open for further replies.